Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

7 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"You're a gamer and one of your favorite games of all time is Kingdom Hearts!" Thundy said smiling and swinging a little, then letting go of the tree branch and fluttering down to the ground. He was now obviously much shorter than Dynamo. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Hearing the young griffon's response had made Dynamo believe somewhat, but he was still somewhat convinced. "Hmm...sorry. I mean, being a gamer is somewhat obvious. Considering my cutie mark is a video game controller, after all." He says, pointing to his video game controller cutie mark. "Also, I feel like Kingdom Hearts is a popular game to some gamer's." He muttered to himself, but he didn't realize he was speaking his thoughts out loud. After a moment of thinking, an idea had crossed his mind. "I've got a question that would help. What is my favorite keyblade to use in the game?" He remembered telling Thundy before. Especially when he said he would make a keyblade for the gamer pony. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Hmmm, it's the original one right? I did show you mine and morphed it into the Pirates of the Caribbean blade." Little Thundy stated as he gathered some electricity and shapeshifted into his fledgeling anthro form, similar to adult anthro Thundy but smaller and of course younger.  

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Hmmm, it's the original one right? I did show you mine and morphed it into the Pirates of the Caribbean blade." Little Thundy stated as he gathered some electricity and shapeshifted into his fledgeling anthro form, similar to adult anthro Thundy but smaller and of course younger.  

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo could only frown and shake his head. He was hoping to hear the right answer, but it wasn't to be. "I'm sorry, but I told Thundy that my favorite keyblade is the Oathkeeper." He suddenly stopped as he heard the young griffon mention the keyblade that Thundy had summoned. Even the mention of the Caribbean keyblade transformation he had been shown earlier. Suddenly, electricity had begun to gather around the young griffon as he soon shapeshifted. In his place was a smaller, younger griffon, but it looked similar to Thundy. "T-Thundy? That really was you!?" Dynamo exclaimed in shock. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I've been here all along Dynamo. I had to practice this spell a lot. Sometimes, I'd get stuck in the middle, and other times, I'd still be an adult but sound like my younger self..." Little Thundy said looking up at Dynamo. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo was beyond flabbergasted. He now knew it was Thundy, but he didn't expect to be talking to a younger version of the griffon. "I-I just...I mean, that's insane. I'm sorry to have doubted you, but you can't blame me. I didn't know you had other forms that you could turn into. I've also only heard of an aging spell in spell books. To the point that it takes years and a lot of magic experience to master such a spell. At least, that's what my teachers and books had said when I was in school." He would say, his jaw dropping in surprise as Thundy explained the arduous process of the technique. "That must be very awkward and/or difficult. How long have you been practicing with this aging magic? That, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you show me such a spell?" He asks, wondering if there was a lesson behind it.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"A long time, ever since I came of age. I practiced every single year to make sure that I'd get it right every time." Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and grew back into his adult form. "It feels nice to be a fledgeling again once in a while..." Thundy said gathering some electricity and aiming a ball of energy at Dynamo. "I could even revert you back to a colt." Thundy added. 

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

Silver walked alongside Samurai as he led him out of town towards a wide-open dirt field and lets Pastel off before they continue further down the field. Once they stop, Silver turns around and notes how far away Pastel is. He figured that the filly would try to get closer once Samurai got distracted, but she should still be far enough away that if anything were to go wrong, she’d be able to get away safely. It’s not like he was planning to burn the town down, anyway.

Knowing that Samurai is quite capable of lending him assistance should the need arise, Silver smiles slightly and turns towards his battle-hardened friend.

“Yes, thank you, Samurai, I appreciate you having my back here in case something goes wrong. I’ve had a bit of time to think on our walk over here, and I’m wondering if I may be able to initiate my Nirik transformation myself. Now, I haven’t done it that way in a while, and usually it comes about when I feel threatened or someone triggers it in conversation. Point is, I’m not sure either of you could ever do something intentionally to spark it. Maybe there is, but quite frankly I don’t feel like standing around out here forever trying to figure it out. I have an idea, it’s not going to be particularly fun for me, but if it allows us some insight into what’s going on, then I think it’ll be worth it. You, uh, might wanna stand back a bit, yourself. It’s a bit explosive at the beginning.”

Silver takes a few steps back and closes his eyes, committed to his idea. He had long since forbidden himself from thinking this way, but this time he felt an exception was necessary. At any rate, he had felt his resolve slowly crumbling ever since he stepped hoof in this town, the thoughts had slowly started to seep through the mental barriers he had worked so hard to construct. Yes, this would work well, maybe too well, but it was too late to back out now. He’d do it for science, or, something.

The Kirin started traveling back in time through his thoughts, back to the days where his deep-seated insecurities were first formed. The first ponies to come to mind were those who he encountered on his travels who let their judgement become clouded by fear of the unknown and anger at what they didn’t understand. He had committed no offense against these ponies, but tall tales they had once been told about Nirik who mysteriously appeared at night to kill and destroy, guided their actions. Then he moved to those who had bullied him when he was younger, using whatever they could as leverage against him. It would always be things that he couldn’t control, whether it was his two-toned mane, green eyes that made him look ‘evil’, or his lack of proficiency in fire magic. Over time the bullies went away, but the painful memories proved to be a bit harder to shake.

But Silver would save the worst for last. The one pony who had caused him the most grief his entire life, was none other than himself. Why was he always the one that couldn’t control his Nirik form? Why couldn’t he learn any other spells like unicorns could, and why did no one else in the village care to try? Why was he wandering around Equestria looking for answers that he couldn’t find? What was the real meaning to life, surely it was more than being a simple carpenter in a small, isolated village? All he could see in his life was failure, despite all the things that he could do. Why was life so unfair? Why’d he have to be so useless? Couldn’t do a thing right without having somepony to hold his hoof every step of the way.

Subconsciously, Silver’s body started to react to all the anger he was building up inside of him. His breathing started to quicken, his frame beginning to tremble, his brow furrowed, and he started to emit a low groaning sound. Suddenly, Silver heard a very familiar noise. He wasn’t sure if anypony else could hear it, but to him sounded as if he were standing in the middle of a fiery inferno, and it got louder and louder. That noise heralded in his Nirik transformation, but instead his horn pattern glowing its usual light blue, small red flames appeared around his horn and started circling above and around it. His normally red horn changed to pure white, and then undergoing another colour change, with the top staying white but the remainder slowly fading into black at the base.

The rest of the transformation took place in a matter of seconds. Once his horn base turned black, his entire coat changed to be as black as the night sky. His eyes turned solid white, jagged teeth started to protrude from his mouth, and every bit of hair on his body immediately ignited in a red-blue flame. At the same time, a ring of fire seemed to appear out of nowhere around Silver and shot up in a pillar well over three times his height, before dissipating into the air. His transformation was now complete. Silver was now on fire but felt no pain. Fire burned at his hooves and followed them as he lifted one up to inspect it. One thing that struck Silver rather oddly, was the usual feeling of blinding rage was absent. Sure, he was still mad, but he felt…control. When he did this either out of self-defence or from other ponies’ words, he always had felt the Nirik would have his way with him, carving a path of destruction until his magic would run out. Now he stood there, still seething with rage, but he stood there because he wanted to.

With this newfound control, Silver decided now was as good of a time as ever to test it out. Partially because he was curious, and because he wanted to show off a bit to Samurai and Pastel. Well, ok, mainly Pastel. He decided to start of with something simple. He placed his raised hoof on the ground and created a small patch of fire around it. Silver then proceeded to trot in a circle, surrounding his former spot completely before returning to the center. Now, he tried to adjust the height of the flaming circle, but found that apparently, he did have as much control as he had hoped, as he was unable to do so. This failure sparked more anger inside him, and Silver felt that control he once had start to slip away. That one slight moment of misfocus cost him dearly and built up into a large fireball burning behind him.

It is uncertain whether Samurai will be able to act quick enough to diffuse the situation. If he fails, the unstable fireball will explode with enough force to send Silver flying across the field to roughly the same point as Pastel. If he succeeds, the fireball creation will have drained Silver’s magic reserves, and reverse the transformation, merely leaving him exhausted until he can recover.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

The pony and griffon arrived at the entrance of the cave. Pencil thought they would just swim on through, but the fact that Chelsea stopped moving signaled that just barging in was not an option. Chelsea appeared to be thinking, but as to what she was thinking about, Pencil had no clue.

“Whatcha thinkin’ about?” Pencil asked a little more casually than she would have liked.

@GeneralDirection, @Pastel Heart

The transformation process was quietly intense. Samurai could tell Silver was collecting himself, and not in the usually positive was most would do so. Soon, the fruits of such heavy concentration begin to bear. The second Samurai sees a hint of fire emerging from Silver's being, he makes his horn glow with magic. It happens so fast between them, it's almost like it happened at the same time.

Samurai keeps his eyes on Silver, observing the Nirik transformation. "...eh?" Samurai says quietly to himself, his eyes widening. For a second, it looked like maybe Silver was still in control after all! As if he was taking stock of his powers and playfully trying to do something with it. But whatever he was trying to do, it wasn't going as he planned, and Silver was quickly losing himself with frustration. His wild side was emerging before his eyes.

~Fwoosh~

And like a flip of a switch, Samurai has changed. The usually happy-go-lucky look on his face? Gone. It's been replaced by a stone-cold serious face. The kind that only those who have known battle can show. The kind of face that practically makes one look like a completely different person. At the second he sees a fireball forming, Samurai hunches forward and leads toward Silver, moving as fast a fireball himself!

Before Silver has a chance to even register it, if he can fully register what is going on in his current state, Samurai has pinned him and is forcing him to stand up-right. Samurai using his arms to lock Silver's arms into a motionless hold, a move known in wrestling as a double overhook, his brute strength and steely resolve on full display. And likewise, with his close proximity locked in, Samurai closes his eyes and begins to cast his flame-absorbing magic. All the fire produced by Silver's Nirik form, as well as the fire ball Silver made, are rapidly beginning to flow into Samurai.

...And flow...
...And flow?

There is a bit of a snag. "Ngh... My hunch was right... It's not regular fire; it's magic fire...!" Samurai grunts as he concentrates. Regular fire is one thing, but magic fire is harder for him to absorb.
Harder, but not impossible.
Gritting his teeth and groaning, Samurai focuses harder until he is absorbing the magic at a faster rate. The first thing to vanish completely is the fire ball Silver was making. Next is all the remaining fire Silver is producing naturally around himself. But in doing so, engorged veins begin to appear on Samurai's head and upper body. Not only that, but they appear to be dark in color. They appear in random spots on his forehead and upper arms, but then spread across his head upper body like wild vines.

"I'm not going to give up... And you shouldn't either. So Silver, if you're in there..." Samurai raises his head and gives Silver a warm smile. "Don't lose to yourself! Fight the anger with me! SILVER SLATE!!" Samurai calls out to Silver, hoping that it'll snap him back to reality and help him turn back into a Kirin again. Samurai might be able to absorb about 90% of this fire, give or take, but Silver will have to pull through the rest of the way. And in this moment, it's now or never!

@Astral Vision

Trilby pauses for only a second, flattered. "You are a charmer, but your information is a little off. My shop isn't 'the most popular in town', it's the only one in town. Well, the only quality shop in town. There are other stores that sell cheaply made hats and clothing items, I suppose. Friendshire is in dire straits, my friend. This town didn't have a clothing shop owner until I came along. They didn't have a military general until Samurai came along. And we didn't have a manager for the Arcade until one of you came along. Who was it again? Dynamo? We still don't have a head librarian or a head magician, among many other things. And with both mayors off and about, either shirking or unable to fulfill their duties, this town is in need of leaders, thinkers, movers and shakers, ponies of action if you will. From what I understand, this town use to have a lot of active leaders. However, when they learned the town was pretty much a nowhere town that no pony was interested in, and when the mayors also stopped caring, all the town's leaders and figure heads decided to leave town. The ponies that pulled their weight and made something of this town just felt like their ambitions were wasted here. ... Truth be told, the remaining citizens are just going through the motions. Waking up, going to work, doing chores, etc. They do what they naturally do automatically, but it's citizens like us who have made a difference. When we came to town, we started causing a stir. We've brought back activity and direction that this town lost a long time ago." Trilby explains.

Such a lengthy explanation was yielding results, but not the kind Astral nor his amulet were expecting. Whatever has cursed Trilby, it's not pony magic. It's something more subtle, yet something stronger. Something made by a different creature entirely. And it doesn't target Trilby's magic or anything. Just his mind. "Now keep holding still, this part might feel a little warm." Using some electric heating tools, Trilby begins to reshape his hat back into pristine shape. He also discards the scuffed feather and replaces it for a new one

@Ragland Tiger, @CameoShadowness

The library mare comes back. "I'm pretty sure the breezie from our local butterfly garden was not Posurmade. They might have been related, I guess, but still a completely different breezie." The library mare says with a smile "... Oh, right! The book. There might be a rare first edition in our vault, where we keep books that are not meant to be checked out by the regular library patrons. The vault is secured, no one can get in or out without the key. I suppose I could let you look at it, if you keep the book in the vault."

• Brohoof 5

@Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection

Pastel looks on in wander as Silver started to transform, the fire forming like magic! Her eyes glistened as they reflected the flames.

"This is... So cool!"

Pastel continues to watch, mystified, until something in the air changes. Samurai wasn't smiling. Silver seemed... off, when he looked okay a few seconds ago. Was it going wrong? She started to look a bit worried.

"Umm... guys? What's...?"

Even Pastel knew, this turned serious quick. That fire was gonna burn something, or somepony, and Samurai was doing his best. She was a heroine, right? If she wanted to be like the heroes in the stories, make her friends respect her, stop treating her like a foal, and make Dynamo notice her... She had to do something.

Pastels resolve steeled, and she did the first thing that came to mind.

"Hey, HEY! You're not supposed to get that mad! Heeeyyy Silver Star! Hey!"

seeing Samurai struggle to control the situation, Pastel suddenly hopped on Samurai's back, using it as a spring board before jumping up, and recklessly...

"COOL IT!"

...slapping Silver across the face. Whether it would just make him angrier or snap him back to reality was a 50/50 fully loaded crapshoot.

• Brohoof 2

In a moment that seemed to last forever, Silver watched helplessly as Samurai struggled to contain the fiery magical inferno that surrounded him. To his credit, Samurai had a lot on his plate right now. Kirin are very powerful when it comes to fire magic, with it being their specialty, after all. The unicorn tries his best, but the amount of fire magic is simply too much for one pony to contain. Silver can see and hear Samurai struggle but is still completely powerless as the last of the magic holds on for dear life. Things seemed to look hopeless for them, but then, out of nowhere, Pastel comes flying in between them, connecting a slap right to his face.

Silver didn’t feel much pain, but her random action, the unexpected contact, was just enough to displace his thought process, as he and the Nirik were one and the same, and snap him back to reality. It was only for a split second, but that was all the time that he needed. He knew what needed to be done. The order was mentally delivered, and in the same time it took to build up, his Nirik transformation was successfully reversed. All the fire vanished from his being, his coat faded back to gray, his horn back to red, and the brilliant emerald colour restored to his eyes. Silver then proceeded to promptly collapse at their hooves, breathing in heavily the results of his manufactured lies. Had it been worth it after all? Only time will tell. For now, Silver will need a few minutes to catch his breath, and regain the strength to move again.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@GeneralDirection, @Pastel Heart

Samurai was sure he would break through to Silver, and he'd greet him with a smile, putting on a brave face so he wouldn't have to see his serious face nor the strain from absorbing so much fire.

However, he soon hears Pastel and feels her jumping on his back. "Pastel! NO!!" He tries to discourage her because the last thing he wants is for Pastel to get burned, and he can't exactly stop her when his arms are preoccupied like this. And yet, somehow, Pastel manages to bounce off Samurai and land a direct blow to Silver's noggin without getting hurt.

Samurai is practically beside himself when somehow, it works! That blow was enough to snap him back to reality! As soon as Samurai sees Silver turn back to normal, he lets him go and allows him to recover. But also, Samurai is a little unsteady himself. "Oh Celestia... Make room, everypony!!"

He runs away from the group, putting some distance between them before coming to a stop. With a mighty yell, Samurai unleashes the excess fire he absorbed, shooting it straight into the sky and sending as high as he possibly can. Once the excess fire has reached a high enough altitude, it explodes and becomes a series of fireworks. Most of them have the same color as Silver's flames, but there are a few red and orange fireworks in there too. As Samurai expels everything he absorbed earlier, the veins reseed, and soon Samurai looks like his old self again.

...Well, minus some dizziness. Once Samurai has finished expelling all that extra fire power, he wobbles around a bit, nearly tripping on himself. "Wooh~! Hehehehe... Who needs booze when you can get drunk on tasty fire magic like that? La vie en rose! Nani mo shitakunai yumemiru koto mo wasureru yo. Nante kikenna taikutsu darou?~" Samurai sings to himself in sort-of a magically induced drunken stupor.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection

Pastel was just as surprised as Samurai was that it worked. She landed in a roll, like Link would if he jumped off a platform. That was EASILY the coolest she ever felt! And look at that firestorm! KABOOM! This was better than movie night! She stood up proudly and posed.

"Nyahaha~! Love and justice has won the day! If only Dyny and grandpa were here to see me now! Uhh... You okay Silver Star? You got kinda wiggity wack!"

She smiled happily and offered her tiny hoof to Silver, offering to help him up... Like that would help since she's half his size.

With her other hoof, she pointed and laughed at the magically drunken Samurai.

"Nyahahaha~! Sami is acting like grandpa when he drinks a lotta beer! Imagine those two partying--yowie wowie!"

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil let out an “ooh” as Chelsea formed a water sphere. Wait, how did she do that underwater? Wouldn’t that be the water equivalent of an air bubble? It didn’t matter, because Chelsea managed to do it anyways. Pencil stared at the orb for a while, trying to find some form of entertainment with it. She eventually got bored, and started staring off into the distance.

Letting her mind wander, Pencil thought of the adventurous and fun journey the two had so far. Not only was it interesting, but they didn’t get lost! She was really glad Chelsea took her on this little trip. They got to do a lot of sightseeing and they might have gotten to know each other better. At least, that’s what Pencil hoped.

Thinking of Chelsea made Pencil’s attention turn back to the water ball. Hopefully, the spell or whatever was going on would be finished soon. Pencil’s patience was wearing down, not that she could help it. She was just so anxious to get inside already. Anticipating what might be behind the cave’s entrance truly excited Pencil.

• Brohoof 1

If Silver had been more conscious, he probably would’ve laughed at Pastel’s antics. But currently, Silver was just barely able to breathe, never mind anything else. It takes him a bit, but gradually he lifts his head up and notices Pastel extending a hoof to him. Silver laughs and shakes his head slowly.

“Thanks…Pastel…” He says between laboured breaths. “I appreciate…the thought.”

He takes a few more moments, but eventually regains the strength to stand, allowing Pastel to ‘help’ him up. Silver looked over towards Samurai and slowly walks over to him.

“Samurai?” He queried. “Are you alright? I’m sorry about all that…it doesn’t usually happen that way. In fact, I don’t ever remember it happening like that before. I’ve never had control. It’s strange. But I also haven’t tried to transform on my own in a while, perhaps something has changed. I’m not entirely sure what, though. Were you able to get anything out of that? I’m really not in a huge hurry to try it again. I don’t really like doing that…it’s painful…and dangerous, clearly.”    

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection

Samurai needs to plant all 4 hoofs firmly on the ground and shake his head. Letting himself slow down allows the wooziness to wear off. "Phew~" Samurai gives a heavy sigh.

Samurai is soon able to start walking back over to his friends, though they apparently meet him half way. "First of all, don't be too apologetic. You took charge of your own actions, and that's the first step. Plus... I have to admit Silver, your fire magic is kind of tasty. Has a subtle yet sweet after taste. Wouldn't want to absorb it too often, but not bad. ... The only thing I learned was that I was wrong, absorbing your fire powers didn't undo the transformation after all. Doing that might have weakened you, but it was ultimately a physical attack that brought you back. I fear that such an attack would have to be MUCH stronger if your Nirik form had all of its flame magic to rampage with. But thank goodness you are all right after all that." Samurai bows before wiping his brow.

However, after he has finished collecting himself, he looks at Pastel with a stern look. A look he has never given her before. "Pastel!" Samurai goes over to her like an angry father. "Do you have ANY idea how dangerous that was?! You could have seriously burned or injured yourself back there! I told you to go get help, not to take charge yourself!" Samurai's eyes go wide, wavering and welling up like he is about to cry. "What would the others say if that happened? How exactly would I explain that to your grandfather or Dynamo?! I'm the one who protects ponies, not put them in the line of fire. How could I forgive myself if you got hurt because of me?" Samurai closes his eyes. "I should spank you for being so reckless!" Samurai says, raising a hoof up high! "...At least, that's what I want to say, but..."

Much to Pastel's surprise, Samurai falls to his knees and pulls Pastel in for a hug, and smiles. "I'm just glad you're okay. And also... Thank you. I did my part, but I couldn't have saved Silver without your help. You really were a super heroine today; and no pony should ever doubt you. Even though you scared me half to death, you were amazing." Samurai pulls away and wipes a star tear from the corner of his eye. "Heh. Sorry. I realize, I didn't have permission to hug you like that. I know we're just friends, I'm just very relieved that you're all right. In fact, I probably owe you an apology. Besides how I felt, I'm sure Silver and I had you worried for a second there as well. I don't want my heroic acts to be a burden on anypony."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@GeneralDirection

Pastel smiled happily. More than anything, she was glad to help her friend. That's what a heroine would do. She felt like she actually made a difference instead of just hanging around.

@Samurai Equine

Samurai approaching her in such a way was surprising, to say the least. At first she just seemed bored and annoyed, she didn't like lectures, it felt like she was being talked down to. She didn't listen well; she's definitely a delinquent to the core.

Samurai raising his hoof as if to hit her caught an interesting reaction, though. Her expression immediately turned to one of utter collapse as if a deep seated trauma was replaying before her; it was like her eyes became darkened voids of their former color that stared at nothing. She saw something else rather than Samurai standing there.

...This completely disappeared as soon as Samurai hugged her, she was more baffled than anything. This brought her back to reality. She smiled and hugged Samurai's neck with her small legs, tail swaying in excitement. She enjoyed affection, being praised, being treated the same as everypony else, and whats more, being a heroine. It was like all of her dreams were coming true. She puffed out her chest in bravado.

"Nyaha, I'm glad I was able to help! You can call on me anytime, m'lord~! Don't worry so much though. Even if it may have been a bad idea, it's worth trying once, right? That's what a mad scientist does! Or, atleast the one I read does."

• Brohoof 2

Silver looked confused by Samurai’s statement. “Tasty?” He thought aloud. “Magic has a taste?”

Silver didn’t really understand what was being said. How are you supposed to taste magic? Silver shook his head and listened to the rest of what Samurai had to say before replying.

“That was another first for me. I never knew that a physical attack would have any effect, though granted, I don’t think one would’ve been possible if not for the amount of energy you were absorbing. I don’t think it had ever been considered.”

Silver watched Samurai and Pastel’s exchange, ending in them both sharing a hug. Silver was happy that, somehow, this whole event had at least ended on a positive note. 

“I suppose we should get back to town, now.” Silver said to them both. “Samurai, I believe you still had some gift-wrapping to get done, I’d still be interested in helping you, if you want.” He offered.

• Brohoof 2

On 8/7/2020 at 2:34 AM, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision

Trilby pauses for only a second, flattered. "You are a charmer, but your information is a little off. My shop isn't 'the most popular in town', it's the only one in town. Well, the only quality shop in town. There are other stores that sell cheaply made hats and clothing items, I suppose. Friendshire is in dire straits, my friend. This town didn't have a clothing shop owner until I came along. They didn't have a military general until Samurai came along. And we didn't have a manager for the Arcade until one of you came along. Who was it again? Dynamo? We still don't have a head librarian or a head magician, among many other things. And with both mayors off and about, either shirking or unable to fulfill their duties, this town is in need of leaders, thinkers, movers and shakers, ponies of action if you will. From what I understand, this town use to have a lot of active leaders. However, when they learned the town was pretty much a nowhere town that no pony was interested in, and when the mayors also stopped caring, all the town's leaders and figure heads decided to leave town. The ponies that pulled their weight and made something of this town just felt like their ambitions were wasted here. ... Truth be told, the remaining citizens are just going through the motions. Waking up, going to work, doing chores, etc. They do what they naturally do automatically, but it's citizens like us who have made a difference. When we came to town, we started causing a stir. We've brought back activity and direction that this town lost a long time ago." Trilby explains.

Such a lengthy explanation was yielding results, but not the kind Astral nor his amulet were expecting. Whatever has cursed Trilby, it's not pony magic. It's something more subtle, yet something stronger. Something made by a different creature entirely. And it doesn't target Trilby's magic or anything. Just his mind. "Now keep holding still, this part might feel a little warm." Using some electric heating tools, Trilby begins to reshape his hat back into pristine shape. He also discards the scuffed feather and replaces it for a new one.

@Samurai Equine

Astral was fascinated by Trilby's background knowledge of the town, it made him wonder how long the unicorn had been here; furthermore, if the town wasn't the best place for business, why had he stayed? All of these questions and more revolved around Trilby, though Astral knew he had to keep him safe first. As Astral continued to drain the dark magic from Trilby's body, he noticed something unfamiliar about it. This magic did not feel like it came from a pony, Astral couldn't exactly explain why, but something just felt... off.

"Well I suppose that is understandable. A mayor, or any leader for that matter, acts as the representative of an entire community. If leaders are unable or unwilling to live up to their positions, people can begin to lose faith in their home and in themselves. Even though I'm capable of taking lead on a lot of issues, being on the road all the time can make you a little introverted, but some of my friends have already made great progress as town leaders. Dynamo has done pretty well as the Arcade manager so far, and he's made quite a good guardian for Pastel; I swear, looking at those two is like looking at a brother and his little sister. Samurai has also been succeeding in his goals, at least I think he is; never before I have I met anypony so passionate on returning prosperity to a town off the map."

Trilby then came over with his various heating tools, and while Astral didn't know much about fashion repair, he knew he'd best stay still or risk getting singed!

"Now that makes me wonder about you. I know this may seem a little personal, but why have you chosen to stay in Friendshire Trilby? Do you simply wish to help the citizens, similar to Samurai? Because if so, that is quite noble of you."

• Brohoof 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:54 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"A long time, ever since I came of age. I practiced every single year to make sure that I'd get it right every time." Thundy said as he gathered some electricity and grew back into his adult form. "It feels nice to be a fledgeling again once in a while..." Thundy said gathering some electricity and aiming a ball of energy at Dynamo. "I could even revert you back to a colt." Thundy added. 

@C. Thunder Dash

"At least you keep consistency with the training. It's always good to keep practicing to make sure the lesson sticks to your mind. It's something I try to do when playing video games. I must admit that I sometimes forget a combo or a certain strategy when using a certain plan in game. However, I think it's normal to forget at times. We can't always remember everything." He gave a sheepish chuckle, before smiling. "Still, I think it's pretty cool that you can learn such a spell like that." He would say as Thundy turned back into his adult form. "I guess it makes you feel younger when you turn into those forms? This is the first time I've been able to see such a spell quite like that." His eyes shrank as he saw a ball of electrical energy being aimed at him by the griffon. "Uh...don't I have a say in this?" At the mention of being reverted to a colt, the gamer pony quickly shook his head. All the while, having a thoughtful expression. "That sounds tempting, but I might pass. I do wonder what Pastel-chan would say if she saw me get turned into a colt."

• Brohoof 1

On 8/7/2020 at 2:34 AM, Samurai Equine said:

The library mare comes back. "I'm pretty sure the breezie from our local butterfly garden was not Posurmade. They might have been related, I guess, but still a completely different breezie." The library mare says with a smile "... Oh, right! The book. There might be a rare first edition in our vault, where we keep books that are not meant to be checked out by the regular library patrons. The vault is secured, no one can get in or out without the key. I suppose I could let you look at it, if you keep the book in the vault." 

@CameoShadowness  @Samurai Equine

"T-take us th-th-there," said Bluebell, carefully studying the library mare's demeanor.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea finally remembered the riddle. "Ray of...that's it! I got it! Follow me!" Chelsea said as she took off hoping Pencil would keep up. Pencil still had that energy boost from earlier. 

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy made the ball of energy dissipate. "Yea, I see your point...I do think Pastel would think you're adorable as a colt." Thundy admitted. 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Thundy made the ball of energy dissipate. "Yea, I see your point...I do think Pastel would think you're adorable as a colt." Thundy admitted. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo sighed with relief as the ball of energy dissipated. "Thanks for not hitting me with that ball of energy. I'd be worried if I wasn't able to turn back. Although, I don't doubt that you'd be able to figure it out. I'd imagine it'd be quite a shock for everyone to see me. I can only imagine Pastel's reaction, though." He chuckled, before sighing once more. This time, with a solemn, yet sorrowful expression upon his facial features. "I guess it would make things a little easier if I was a colt for Pastel-chan. That way, it'd make her feelings all the more easy to understand." He would say, looking back up, before giving an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that. I guess since you just arrived here in Friendshire, then you wouldn't have known. You see, Pastel's grandfather is here because he got a letter from her. In the letter, it was said that I'm Pastel's boyfriend. However, I didn't even know I was. I mean, she's a nice friend and she's pretty energetic for her own good. However, she's really sweet and caring in her own way. I've just never had something like this happen before. True, it's just a crush, but I don't know if the crush will fade in time or if said crush will continue to grow. I was hoping to ask Samurai and the others, but I'm afraid that it'll just be awkward to ask them. I do want their opinions as I'm just concerned/worried."

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Chelsea apparently already discovered the riddle, but Pencil didn’t think she would remember it so fast. She jolted as Chelsea suddenly cried in excitement and was eagerly leading her towards the cave. Thrilled but a little shaken after being deep in her thoughts, Pencil hurried after Chelsea into the cave, eager to finally see its interior.