Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

8 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

@Samurai Equine  @CameoShadowness

Just before she enetred the vault, Bluebell turned and looked straight at the face of the library mare, thought a moment, and then said, "Y-you're hiding s-s-smomething.  I-I-I'm a historian with- with the royal court of C-Canterlot.  Believe me, if  some-somepony unleashed a wi-win-windigo, or pulled some other d-dangerous magic, we could all b-b-b-be in some s-serious jeopardy.  You-you might want to re-reconsider whose-whose confidences you k-keep.  Oh, and d-d-don't lock us up-up in h-here either.  You don't w-w-want to s-see the mess I leave be-behind when we esc-escape."

With that she went into the vault with Beryl. They got the book, put it on the table at the center of the vault, and started reading.  Bluebell spotted something- a page was missing, carefully cut out of the book.  "Wh-what do we h-h-have here?"  She pulled the orphaned page form her saddle bag again, and plceed it carefully near the binding.  It fit perfectly.

"Well, wa-wa-waddya know!"

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Ragland Tiger, @CameoShadowness

The library mare gasps at Bluebell's accusations and the reveal of her credentials. "I-I wouldn't! I..." She signs and lowers her head, letting them both go inside. It's been a trying day for her. She's been called a liar. She's been accused of trying to lock them in a vault. She's pretty sure Beryl hates her. And worst of all, neither of them even asked her name. "...After today, I quit." She says quietly to herself. After today, the library is going to have one less staff worker, and they don't even have a head librarian yet. At this rate, the library will be completely abandoned.

Beryl was very suspious but let it all slide after the mare gave it back. History is a mess and she would know first hoof about that but there had to be a jumping point to start the understanding. Why would a pony lie about stealing? Covering up lies is common ground but there had to be a reason. Turning to the book and seeing how Bell's page match she gasped. " Who out here ruining books?!" She huffed before realizing the page match, "Wat dos it mean?"

• Brohoof 2

Shadow has been oblivious the entire time that she was actually alone in a aisle, Keen wasn't actually she was, and Nightmare Moon make attempts, but a pony would walk pass, making her stop.

After picking a book, Shadow decided to leave and go to the reading area alongside Keen, who had brought a book along the way. They occupy one reading table. 

“What book did you brought, Keen?” she asked her companion. Keen responded by showing the book. 

“Romance for dummies” she deadpan.

“Wait, are you new to romance?” Shadow questioned as she rest her hooves between her own book on the table.

Keen chuckled “No, I'm just interested how the author can teach somepony new to this” she flipped open the book and begin reading. Shadow smiled. 

“Okay” she said before burying her head to her own book. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Well...I certainly don't wanna offend you by being cheap and saying that it was luck mixed into the heat of the moment because of the adrenaline rush. I mean, it does...wait a second...I just thought of something...but I still don't know if it goes with what you're saying. It has to do with doing something without thinking. There's an anime I watched that heaily relied on this concept for the main character and it could possibly be the key to what exactly happened to you yesterday." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Well...I certainly don't wanna offend you by being cheap and saying that it was luck mixed into the heat of the moment because of the adrenaline rush. I mean, it does...wait a second...I just thought of something...but I still don't know if it goes with what you're saying. It has to do with doing something without thinking. There's an anime I watched that heaily relied on this concept for the main character and it could possibly be the key to what exactly happened to you yesterday." Thundy stated. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo could only shake his head as he did understand what Thundy was trying to say. "You're not being offending. I could imagine it could be luck, or maybe I was able to make the kind of spells work in a way that only I could. Samurai had helped in confirming that I have an ancestor that was a part of Mistmane's village. Meaning my curved horn wasn't a birth defect, but that I'm a part of an ancient culture of unicorns." He explained, raising his eyebrow as the male griffon had a sort of theory. "An anime? If so, then what was the name of it and what kind of anime was it? Not only that, but what are you thinking? I know of anime being recent in Equestria, as well. I've seen a few anime standees when going to certain gaming conventions."

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

The library mare gasps at Bluebell's accusations and the reveal of her credentials. "I-I wouldn't! I..." She signs and lowers her head, letting them both go inside. It's been a trying day for her. She's been called a liar. She's been accused of trying to lock them in a vault. She's pretty sure Beryl hates her. And worst of all, neither of them even asked her name. "...After today, I quit." She says quietly to herself. After today, the library is going to have one less staff worker, and they don't even have a head librarian yet. At this rate, the library will be completely abandoned.

@CameoShadowness  @Samurai Equine

Bluebell's ears perked when she overheard the library mare. She looked over to the entrance of the vault where she could barely see the library mare, looking as if she was about to cry.  Bluebell winced.  "W-w-w-way to overdo it, Ar-Ar-Archimedes," she chided herself. She turned to Beryl. "K-k-k-keep reading," she said, "I'm g-going to need your-your insight on what these pro-prophesies are.  I'll be ba-back in a f-few minutes."   She headed over to the library mare, and took a deep breath. " I'm-I'm s-s-sorry.  I'm n-not angry and -and I don't want to h-h-hurt y-you or get you in tr-tr-trouble.  I just w-wanted to make s-s-sure you were the real lib-librarian and not some stooge of who-whoever is t-t-terrorizing this town l-lately.  I have-have one-one question f-f-for y-you: H-how d-d-did you f-find-find the artifact?"

Edited by Ragland Tiger
typo
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"So the anime is called Dragonball Super. The main character Goku unlocks this new form known as Ultra Instinct. In this form, Goku is able to empty his mind completely and let his body flow on its own, drawing out anything it needs. It's considered the pinnacle and it's what all of the gods of destruction were trying to achieve. Would you like to see it?" Thundy asked gathering some electricity and making his 2017 macbook pro laptop appear from the blue. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Pastel was surprised, Samurai really did take her seriously! Not that she was complaining. She ordered an ice cream sundae and, of course, chocolate, and donuts! And more ice cream. And some chocolate for the road. With extra. She was gonna be as big as her grandpa one day with eating habits like this. She would have ordered the entire menu if she had the chance. She was more focused on the sweets than wrapping the gifts, being simple minded as she is. With a mess of ice cream on her face and hooves she tries to help, getting chocolate and all kinds of other things on them in the process. Messiest gifts ever.

@GeneralDirection

The way Silver spoke reminded her of how things used to be, before grandpa...  She understood that much. Herself and Silver weren't so different. She smiled as she licked the ice cream off her face.

"You better stay! If you don't, I'll like, hunt you down and drag you back! You're our friend now, no givesies backsies!"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"So the anime is called Dragonball Super. The main character Goku unlocks this new form known as Ultra Instinct. In this form, Goku is able to empty his mind completely and let his body flow on its own, drawing out anything it needs. It's considered the pinnacle and it's what all of the gods of destruction were trying to achieve. Would you like to see it?" Thundy asked gathering some electricity and making his 2017 macbook pro laptop appear from the blue. 

@C. Thunder Dash

"Oh, I've heard of that anime. The Super series is still fairly new, but I know of the anime. The fighting games helped me to become more invested in competitive games, as well." Dynamo explained, listening as the male griffon explained the effects of a certain ability. "I-I think I've heard of said ability. There's this silver glow that flows all around you, before you can gain this silvery hair and eyes, right?" He wondered, almost not wanting to believe that Thundy could pull a power like that off. Nodding, the gamer pony did indeed wanted to see what Thundy had meant. His question was soon answered as he had seen the male griffon make a laptop appear from thin air. "T-That's pretty impressive, but what does that have to do with this Ultra Instinct?" He asks, putting air quotes on the term ultra instinct.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"You're on the right track Dynamo. In the anime, Ultra Instinct has two forms: Omen and Mastered. In the Omen or Sign form, the fighter hasn't truly mastered the ultra instinct form yet, as he/she still relies on some portion of their mind to fight. Mastered is self-explanatory. It comes with the silvery hair and blue/silver aura. So what I'm thinking is, you went into an ultra instinct omen for that moment because you really needed to finish the race in good standing. Abilities like that only are unleashed when someone is pushed to the utmost limit, like if your life's on the line." Thundy said opening his laptop and pulling up a YouTube video of Goku experiencing Ultra Instinct Omen for the first time in the tournament of power. He absorbed the spirit bomb, which broke through the mold and unlocked ultra instinct omen. Goku could be seen more on the defensive side. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection

Samurai has to have a laugh to himself that Pastel wants to help, even with messy hooves. It's fine, he can magically wipe away any smeared chocolate or candy residue. So long as it only gets on the wrapping and such and not on the gifts themselves.

What Silver brings up is a lot of stuff to unpack. "Well, there is a lot I could say about that. But I guess for now, I'll just say... Home is were you make it. I didn't really intent on leaving my home in Japon for something like this. And when I got here, there was hardly anything nor anypony here. If you had arrived shortly after me, I might have told you this is not the place to explore, discover, or even recreate yourself. But I made the most of a bad situation, and now there's a lot more citizens migrating here. Good ones too that I've come to call my friends. Friends that I could have never made by staying in Japon. And I am truly grateful for everything..."

Samurai looks into the sky for a moment before looking back at Silver. "But I'll make a deal with you. If the both of us ever decide that it's unnecessary to stay in Friendshire for any reason, I'd be happy to show you Japon some day. And maybe you could show me your Kirin village as well." Samurai offers, hoping to make a deal.

...And before long, the presents are all packed up and ready to be given to their proper recipients!

The library mare looks back as Bluebell approaches here again. "I swear, I'm telling you the truth, Ms. Royal Historian from Canterlot. I've got nothing to hide. I'm just an underpaid, overworked library staffer. We don't even have a head librarian around here anymore. The last head left town a few years ago because, well, I don't know if you've noticed, but this town is kind of nowhere town. Our mayors are avoiding their responsibilities, most of town's providers and leaders have left. We're just waiting for some capable ponies or creatures to take over and make this town lively again." The library mare begins.

"As for the artifact, I really don't know anything. All I know is rumors that I've heard, and even that might be completely false. The artifact was part of the library before I joined. I was trained to use it for shrinking books down, for cataloging purposes. Plus, it makes it easier to re-shelve the books. Why go back and fourth a bunch of times when you can shrink them all and take all of them with you?" The library mare explains with a smile. "If Ms. Sturdy Cover was still here, she'd probably tell me not to give away library property so easily. She'd probably tell me not to open the vault for non-staff members either... But she isn't here, and I don't want to cause an international incident between ponies and breezies. So if it'll make your breezie friend happy, she can keep it. ...Honestly, I shouldn't have even bothered either of you. But as a library staff pony, it's my job to ask if anypony needs help. You both looked like you needed it. Sorry if I haven't been the help you deserve. Checking books in, checking them out, and restocking the shelves is all I'm really good at."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"You're on the right track Dynamo. In the anime, Ultra Instinct has two forms: Omen and Mastered. In the Omen or Sign form, the fighter hasn't truly mastered the ultra instinct form yet, as he/she still relies on some portion of their mind to fight. Mastered is self-explanatory. It comes with the silvery hair and blue/silver aura. So what I'm thinking is, you went into an ultra instinct omen for that moment because you really needed to finish the race in good standing. Abilities like that only are unleashed when someone is pushed to the utmost limit, like if your life's on the line." Thundy said opening his laptop and pulling up a YouTube video of Goku experiencing Ultra Instinct Omen for the first time in the tournament of power. He absorbed the spirit bomb, which broke through the mold and unlocked ultra instinct omen. Goku could be seen more on the defensive side. 

@C. Thunder Dash
While he sort of remembered what happened to activate one of those abilities. Dynamo was still intrigued on how what happened in the race, as well as what the anime had gone through could have been linked. “So, I was right in the silver hair, but I don’t recall needing to finish the race in good standing. Just to finish the race, of course. When I was racing and we were all going through item boxes, I just imagined the kind of spells in my mind and just winged it. I wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but it somehow managed to work for both the ice and fireball spell.” He explained, rubbing a good under his chin, while deep in thought. “Do you think it has something to do with how different our magic is? Especially how you have magic that a normal griffon doesn’t usually have.”

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

Silver turned towards Pastel and gave her a mock salute. “Yes, sir! Understood, sir!” He said jokingly, sticking out his tongue. “Though I’d like to see you try to get to my village to bring me back. Provided you can even make it to the Peaks of Peril. You’ve got multiple treacherous river crossings, muddy swamps to wade through, wide canyons to traverse, and dense forest to navigate. That’ll just bring you to the base of the peaks. Unless, of course, you know the shortcut. Which I just happen to know…but I doubt you do! So good luck with that.”

He would then face Samurai and nodded his head in agreement before extending a hoof. “Sure, sounds like a deal to me. Your homeland sounds very interesting, and while not sure what you would find interesting about Kirin Grove, I can certainly take you there sometime if you really want to see it.”

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

”Now that really adds a huge twist. So it could be quick thinking on your part, but again, cheap conclusion...and to answer your question, unicorns can develop their own repertoire of spells. Same goes for creatures who normally don’t have magic. It’s like superheroes.” Thundy said. 

@ExplosionMare

“It sounds like...crying...” Chelsea said as she looked around. As Chelsea swam past a small little area, she could hear the source loud and clear. She turned to the right and folded back some sea grass and there it was...a green/blue little seapony, who seemed to be lost, clearly very upset and sad about. “Awww you poor little thing...” Chelsea said as she gently picked up the delicate little seapony and held it close to her. The little seapony immediately hugged Chelsea still crying and squeaking. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision

Trilby does his best to multitask while talking to Astral. "...Wouldn't that be a good thing, though? I've only talked to the remaining townsponies that have always lived here. If this place use to be active and bustling, then lifting the curse means it would go back to the way it was, right? Businesses would be booming, citizens would be happy, the town would have leaders again, the mayors would be back in office, and this town wouldn't be a desolate final location for creatures down on their luck like me. You'd be able to leave because the town would be back to its former glory. Seems like that's the end goal in all this. Although..." Trilby stops to think about it. "...I suppose if you reach that goal, the town won't have need for me either. They might decide they like somepony else's clothing stores better, and I'll have to leave and try setting up again somewhere else."

Trilby buries his head in his work. "Well, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Who knows, maybe the Yaks in Yakyakistan would like some hats. Provided I can make them smash-proof."

@GeneralDirection, @Pastel Heart

Samurai nods, letting the information sink in. "Different cultures..." But then he realizes what Pastel just asked, and his eyes pop wide open and he blushes. "Iiya! It's not like that, really..." He does his best to hide his face from Pastel. He wasn't trying to make a love confession or anything, yet here she is putting him on the spot.

Eventually, the three of them go back into town and find a candy store, with a place where they can sit down. Samurai gladly pays for as many sweets as they want, hoping that Pastel isn't getting more than she can handle. Samurai himself only gets a bottled water, he all ready had something sweet earlier. With Silver's help, they begin packaging and labeling gifts. "Thank you for the help. I hope this isn't another distraction. I know you said you want to be moving on."

@Samurai Equine

Astral nodded his head in understanding; both ponies felt the need to help save the town, even if it cost them their needed place in Friendshire. As he saw Trilby become rather saddened in his work flow, Astral knew he had to remind Trilby of why he was here.

"Aren't we a pair, Trilby. We both know that helping the town may hurt our own positions, yet we still push on. But don't get down on yourself; you may not be a popular element of harmony like Rarity, but ponies still depend on you for your unique taste in fashion. So what if another fashion shop comes to Friendshire, maybe they won't have quality hats like yours? Even if they did, I'm sure there would still be many creatures who would turn to your shop for business. Just keep your head up."

Astral decided it would be best to regroup with the others; he had the dark magic sample he had come for, and there would be plenty of time to find the curse's source later.

"By the way, if you're almost done with that order for Samurai, I could deliver it for you. What do you say?"

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Chelsea found the source of the noise, which appeared to be a little seapony crying. Poor thing, it seemed to be lost as well. Pencil couldn’t help but wonder what happened to the parental supervision in the ocean today. As Chelsea scooped up the seapony, Pencil looked around for any adult seaponies. Not seeing any seapony anywhere, she got closer to the little one and asked,

“What do your parents look like? We wanna help you find your parents. We could also call their names. Do you remember their names?” 

@ExplosionMare

"We're a little ways from the Seapony Kingdom. I don't know how this little one could've wandered off from the kingdom like this..." Chelsea said starting to swim towards the entrance to the kingdom. Crystals of many different colors started to light the cave. "We're close." Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

As Pastel sloppily prepared a ribbon, she peeked her head up upon hearing a certain word.

"Heeyyy why does Silver get to go to Japon but not me!? I wanna go! The biggest city there is even bigger and shinier than Manehattan! I wanna go I wanna go!"

Pastel raced around Samurai as she said this. Sugar fuelled.

She winded down as the gifts were all finished up, now lounging on her side and eating the choco bar she saved.

"Alone on a Friday night? Celestia, me too."

@GeneralDirection

"Nyahaha! If I can climb the mountains of Skyhoof I can make it to your village! And I'll do it with style~"

She bounced up, spun in a ball somehow and landed on her side again. Who did she think she was, Sanic?

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil gave Chelsea a concerned look as she explained that they were still a bit far from the kingdom itself. She hoped that didn’t mean they were too far away to find the little one’s parents. She wouldn’t want it to stay lost for too long and get even more upset.

The trio arrived at the entrance, the walls decorated with many multicolored crystals. Pencil couldn’t help but stare at them for a moment. She made little triangular shapes in the air with her hoof, pretending to sketch them out. She couldn’t resist wanting to draw such beautiful objects.

When she was done being enthralled with yet another art idea, Pencil softly whispered to the seapony,

“Don’t worry, we’ll find your family soon. We’re almost at the kingdom,”

@ExplosionMare

The seapony looked at Pencil, whimpering, still squeaking and crying. It wanted its parents badly. Chelsea saw a water shield up ahead that looked like an entrance to a portal. "This is it. Now going through this water shield will feel very tickly and tingly. Don't speed through it though, because it may catch you as an intruder." Chelsea warned as she went through the water shield. She wasn't phased by it since she went through it before. She waited for Pencil on the other side. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil held back at first, a bit scared of the shield. She wasn’t so much afraid of the sensations as she was being seen as an intruder, but she was afraid nonetheless. She anxiously rubbed her hooves together in an attempt to calm down. It took quite a few good circles, but eventually Pencil felt a little braver. Just brave enough to edge up to the shield.

Even before she phased through it, her body anticipated the tingling it would soon feel. It felt strange, but also a bit ticklish. Pencil giggled a little at that. Finally, facing the shield head-on, Pencil relaxed herself and made her way towards it. She ignored every feeling she had and just threw herself in, closing her eyes reflexively.

As the shield touched her hide, she felt like electricity was building up inside, but it wasn’t ready to release yet. She supposed that was what staticky bedsheets felt like. She sniffled to shake it off, but only managed to relieve herself slightly. Concerned, she asked Chelsea,

“I-Is this normal? D-d-did I make it th-through?”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"Shake it off and you'll be fine. It happens to first timers all the time." Chelsea said as she looked around. She held the little seapony out in front of her. "Hmmm, a trick I remember that to find a lost seapony's parents, find two that have colors that when mixed become that of the offispring..." Chelsea said to pencil. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil did as she was told and shook herself off. Thankfully, she was not considered an intruder as she feared. Now that she passed the shield, she had to find the little one’s parents. She was instructed my Chelsea to look for a couple whose colors would blend to make the baby’s colors, which seemed simple enough. She glanced at the seapony for a second to study its colors, then scanned the perimeters for any parents who would match.

As she looked around, Pencil tapped her hooves together thoughtfully. She tried swishing her tail as well, but found that action to be rather pointless underwater. Instead, she slowly flicked her ears up and down to the rhythm of her hooves, keeping her body focused. Pencil’s eyes shifted carefully, as if she was in a mystery film. She believed if she watched this part of the ocean long enough, at least one couple would emerge from the shadows. Someone had to.

@Astral Vision

Trilby rubs the back of his head. "A pair we are indeed..."

He was just about to go back to work when he hears Astral's question and faces him again. "Thanks for the offer, but I get the feeling Samurai will want to pick it up himself. He's a very work-focused pony. But thanks just the same. Oh, and be sure to spend as much time with Beryl the breezie as possible. She may be small, but she clearly has a big heart that cares about this town, and wants to know as much as she can. Seems like you and Samurai are learning the most about it." Trilby tips his hat to Astral.

@Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection

Samurai is about to take Silver's hoof when he notices Pastel wanting in. Lifting her up to join them, Samurai takes both of their hooves and puts his other hoof on top of all 3. "Then it's decided. We officially have a pact to visit each other's homes some day." Samurai says, sealing the deal. He lets go and puts Pastel back down. Now all three of them are in on it. "Heh. Look at us. Aren't we quite the trio? A magical girl, a henshin hero, and a stardust crusader. I think we make a pretty good team." Samurai says. Silver might not get the references, but Pastel probably will.

Eventually, they finish their work there. Samurai thanks Silver and waves goodbye to him, parting ways. From there, Samurai walks off with Pastel. It takes a moment, but he eventually finds where her grandfather is. "Why don't you go spend some time with your grandfather? There's still a bit of time before the evening rolls around. I've got some loose ends I need to tie up myself. I bet you've got a lot to tell him about." Samurai says with a smile and a wink.

Samurai and Pastel will meet again later this evening. For now, Samurai walks away. He needs to be alone for what comes next...

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Pastel waves goodbye to Silver awkwardly and let's herself get dragged around by Samurai for awhile until they find Iron Shoal, who sits away from Dynamo and Thundy, drinking alone and looking bored. She nods to Samurai and smiles with a salute.

"You betcha, m'Lord! No worries, I got this!"

She waves Sami off and sneaks up on her grandpa, whom she pokes.

"HI GRANDPA!"

"MY FILLY! THANK THE ALICORNS YOU ARRIVED! I was watching the Pad of the Dynamo and one called Thundergrunt engage in acts of unicorn spectacles but now they've devolved into socialization! I can no longer remember my score! So I drink!"

"But.. You always drink."

"BESIDE THE POINT, MY FILLY! This town is not Shoal class! I will go insane staying another day here! All due respect, of course."

Pastel looked sadly at the ground, but quickly shook it off, actually going past her grandpa, who was puzzled. She had never ignored him before like that. He just sipped his beer though.

"HEY DYNY, THUNDY! We're meeting back up for a surprise secret conference! You stayin or catching up!?"

• Brohoof 2