Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad

“You’re welcome friend. Quick tip, healing spells require you to be calm so the Magic travels slowly through the wounded body.” Thundy said. 

@ExplosionMare

“Hmmm, they gotta be around here somewhere.” Chelsea stated. She suddenly turned to see two seaponies who seemed to be crying. They were green and blue. “There they are!” Chelsea said. The baby seapony squeaked, whinnied and squirmed in Chelsea’s grip upon seeing its parents. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil clapped her hooves in excitement as Chelsea finally found the baby’s parents. Another lost creature had been saved! Hopefully, Pencil thought, no other creatures would get lost after this. It was quite sad to see such young creatures so lost and helpless.

Oh well, at least we’re helping them Pencil sighed to herself.

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea swam up to the parents who were still crying. “Uhm, excuse me?” Chelsea asked. The two seaponies slowly looked up. “Did you...?” The female asked. Chelsea held out the squirming and whinnying baby seapony. It quickly swam and hugged its parents the best it could. “Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!” The older female cried hugging Chelsea. 

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

“You’re welcome friend. Quick tip, healing spells require you to be calm so the Magic travels slowly through the wounded body.” Thundy said. 

@C. Thunder Dash

"I suppose if you are not calm, then the healing magic will travel quickly throughout the body. Which would more than likely cause issues for the recipient of said healing magic." Dynamo responded as he understood he would have to stay calm, as well as staying focused in certain situation. In regards to learning and using healing magic.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

“Ah yes,” Silver replied, “for a town that supposedly doesn’t exist there sure seems to be a whole lot going on here. It nor the road leading to it were on my map at all, that’s how I got lost. The majority of kirin live in a small village called Kirin Grove, located within the Peaks of Peril. I was a carpenter there. It’s a bit of trek to get there, unless you know the shortcut. Still very isolated, nevertheless. You don’t catch too many ponies out in that part of the country. Ponyville, huh? I believe I’ve visited it in my travels. Bit of a smaller town, but the ponies there are very welcoming and hospitable, much like Friendshire. Not a terribly exciting place though I have to say.”

Then he hears Dynamo mention something about video game magic. “Hmm, video game magic? Never heard of it before. I’m guessing it basically does what it says on the tin. I wasn’t aware that you could make your own magic, as you say. You know I had never seen video games before in my life until I visited Las Pegasus and found an arcade there. I may or may not have spent a few too many bits on tokens there…” He chuckled.

“Anyway, back to what you were saying. Discovering magic together sounds like a great idea, I’m totally down for that, and you say Astral is teaching? He’s a pony I need to talk to, anyway, so that works out fairly conveniently. I can’t promise I’ll be much of a training partner; I really don’t know much magic at all, but I’ll certainly give it my best shot.” He says with a smile.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection @Astral Vision

Pastel giggled as Astral joined her in complimenting her cutie mark. She swayed her tail as she posed confidently; she never would have had this level of bravado over this weeks ago, but this was the power her friends showed her.

"Nyaha, pop star sounds kinda weird, doesn't it? I prefer idol, thank you!"

She smiled and looked to Dynamo, whom she leaped back on. Tons of energy today.

"You don't gotta say sorry, Dyny... I was, umm, scared of being sad in front of you because I thought grandpa was taking me home. I wanted you to smile instead. Now I can make you smile lots~! Never fear, Dyny!"

She winked, making a familiar magical girl gesture with her hoof. She was happy.

With a smile and a laugh, Iron Shoal laughs and sips another beer, smiling at the group.

"LOOKS LIKE IRON SHOALS WORK IS DONE! Enjoy your party; I must return to Manehattan and prepare to suplex the school board! Take care, Dynamo Pad, Pastel and her friends! No more overblown car rides for me! HAHA! RESPECT, BUBBAS! BUY MY BOOK! HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND GO !%#& YOURSELF! REMEMBER TO BE NICE TO SOMEPONY, JABRONIS!"

...In the most eloquent and diplomatic goodbye he could possibly muster, Iron Shoal walked off into the sunset. Or, more accurately, rode off in his carriage which somehow found them. Psychic? Probably not.

Pastel waved goodbye to her grandpa with new hopes in her heart.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, GeneralDirection said:

@Dynamo Pad

“Ah yes,” Silver replied, “for a town that supposedly doesn’t exist there sure seems to be a whole lot going on here. It nor the road leading to it were on my map at all, that’s how I got lost. The majority of kirin live in a small village called Kirin Grove, located within the Peaks of Peril. I was a carpenter there. It’s a bit of trek to get there, unless you know the shortcut. Still very isolated, nevertheless. You don’t catch too many ponies out in that part of the country. Ponyville, huh? I believe I’ve visited it in my travels. Bit of a smaller town, but the ponies there are very welcoming and hospitable, much like Friendshire. Not a terribly exciting place though I have to say.”

Then he hears Dynamo mention something about video game magic. “Hmm, video game magic? Never heard of it before. I’m guessing it basically does what it says on the tin. I wasn’t aware that you could make your own magic, as you say. You know I had never seen video games before in my life until I visited Las Pegasus and found an arcade there. I may or may not have spent a few too many bits on tokens there…” He chuckled.

“Anyway, back to what you were saying. Discovering magic together sounds like a great idea, I’m totally down for that, and you say Astral is teaching? He’s a pony I need to talk to, anyway, so that works out fairly conveniently. I can’t promise I’ll be much of a training partner; I really don’t know much magic at all, but I’ll certainly give it my best shot.” He says with a smile.

@Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection @C. Thunder Dash

"You can definitely say that again. I heard rumors of a gaming tournament around here, but I guess its simply that. Just a rumor and nothing more. I didn't think there would be a town this far away, but I've really taken a liking to this place. I don't recall ever hearing about the Peaks of Peril. I'm not sure if a place like that was ever brought up in my school's history class. There's also a shortcut to get to Kirin Grove?" Dynamo raised an eyebrow as he was intrigued with all he was learning from Silver. "I'm glad to know that Ponyville was exactly like I was told about. My old teacher told me he had a summer home in Ponyville and he wanted me to have that as my permanent place to stay. I guess I have to give him an apology the next time I ever see him." He responded, giving the Kirin a sheepish smile.

As Silver asked about his idea of video game magic, Dynamo could only nod as he didn't blame Silver for not knowing. "Eeyup. It's not well known because it's something that I and Samurai had come up with. It's essentially using spells that you would see being used in video games. However, I'm using elemental magic as a sort of substitute. I know that a unicorn's magic is based on what their cutie mark. With my cutie mark being a video game controller, then I thought maybe my magic could be something that is known, but then it could never have been seen before." Upon hearing that he had never seen a video game before, Dynamo's jaw nearly dropped to the ground. He soon let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, while learning that he had played video games when visiting Las Pegasus. "That's a relief. For a moment there, I was going to drag you over towards the arcade and introduce you to what video games were all about. It's pretty much the usual whenever I hear that someone has never played a video game. Granted, if anyone doesn't like video games, then it's understandable. However, it's always good to play a video game at least once in their lives. You never know as you might like a certain game." He would say, chuckling at the mention of spending too many bits. "It sounds like someone found the games in Las Pegasus to be a little too addicting. I can understand that as some games are a lot of fun, in my opinion."

Upon hearing that he would join in on the training, Dynamo gave a grin to the Kirin. "Awesome! I'm glad you're on board with the idea. I was interested in learning fire magic since you said you could use that kind of ability. I'm still discovering what kind of elemental magic I can use, but I'm always up to give it a try. It's okay if you don't know much magic at all. We can learn together as we go and it's better than nothing. Also, that's right. Astral was teaching me the other day, but I think it would be okay to have him teach you. I would ask him, just in case. I might ask Samurai if he would want to join in as being a teacher, but he can be busy at times. I might ask him since I, along with Pastel-chan, Astral and another friend are meeting up with him later."

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection

“Indeed.” Thundy said as he turned to Silver. “Oh Silver, I can do magic too. If you don’t believe me, just ask my friend Dynamo here, or I could show you some cool stuff I could do.” Thundy added looking at Silver. 

Dynamo nodded as Thundy jumped in on the conversation. "I can vouch for Thundy on that. He's able to make these glowing orbs of energy appear and use it for all types of magic. From summoning weaponry, to healing magic, to transfiguration and even aging. I've never seen those kind of spells being used before, but it's the real deal."

3 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Pastel giggled as Astral joined her in complimenting her cutie mark. She swayed her tail as she posed confidently; she never would have had this level of bravado over this weeks ago, but this was the power her friends showed her.

"You don't gotta say sorry, Dyny... I was, umm, scared of being sad in front of you because I thought grandpa was taking me home. I wanted you to smile instead. Now I can make you smile lots~! Never fear, Dyny!"

She winked, making a familiar magical girl gesture with her hoof. She was happy.

With a smile and a laugh, Iron Shoal laughs and sips another beer, smiling at the group.

"LOOKS LIKE IRON SHOALS WORK IS DONE! Enjoy your party; I must return to Manehattan and prepare to suplex the school board! Take care, Dynamo Pad, Pastel and her friends! No more overblown car rides for me! HAHA! RESPECT, BUBBAS! BUY MY BOOK! HAVE A GOOD DAY, AND GO !%#& YOURSELF! REMEMBER TO BE NICE TO SOMEPONY, JABRONIS!"

...In the most eloquent and diplomatic goodbye he could possibly muster, Iron Shoal walked off into the sunset. Or, more accurately, rode off in his carriage which somehow found them. Psychic? Probably not.

He felt his legs buckle slightly, before gaining his balance to not fall. He looked behind him and smiled as he saw Pastel had jumped back up upon his back. "The way you performed in that karaoke event really made you look like an idol. So, the term idol has a perfect ring to it, if you ask me." He says, nodding in agreement with Pastel. Upon hearing Pastel's explanation, the gaming unicorn gave Pastel a thankful, yet understanding look. "I know, but I guess I was just worried. When I saw that you looked distant and upset, I felt like I had done something wrong. I know I'd miss you if you suddenly left Friendshire. I'm just glad that isn't the case and that you'd get to stay." He reassured her promise as he gave Pastel a happy and genuine smile. He chuckled as she winked and made a gesture with her hoof like she was a magical girl. It looked as if everything was turning back to normal.

The blue unicorn's ears twitched as he heard Iron's voice calling out to him and the others. He looked over towards the elderly stallion, who announced that he was now leaving and making his return to Manehattan. He felt sad that Iron was leaving as it seemed that he and the stallion were starting to get along together. However, he knew that business beckons as he waved farewell to Iron. "Goodbye and thank you for everything, Mr. Iron! I promise that I'll look after Pastel and keep her safe!" He exclaimed, before he thought he saw Iron riding off in a carriage. He didn't know how the carriage had shown out of nowhere or found them, but he decided to not question it and leave it at that.

• Brohoof 3

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"Me? Oh no, I actually came here to check in on Beryl. I left her here earlier so she could spend as much time researching as she likes. Didn't expect to find you here, though. And to think, I've been spending all day trying to help others... I hope you're not upset that I haven't made that much time for you." Trilby says to Shadow, joining her at her table.

• Brohoof 3

@C. Thunder Dash

Turns out they were right about the colors. The baby immediately recognized its parents and gladly swam towards them. Pencil’s mouth widened into a huge grin while her eyes squinted in a joyful manner. It was very cute and very relieving to see the baby finally reunite with its parents. Pencil had to hold back an ‘awww’ to avoid having them hear and have the moment ruined.

“So, what do we do next? Any particular place you wanted to visit?” Pencil asked Chelsea curiously.

• Brohoof 1

"Yep, you heard it straight from Dynamo's mouth." Thundy said as the bluejay he brought to life earlier fluttered down and landed on his shoulder. It chirped once. Thundy gave the bird a gentle stroke. It chirped once more, ruffling its feathers. 

@ExplosionMare

After saying their goodbyes, the seapony family swam off. "I gotta take you to meet the princess of the seaponies. She's the one who gave me my abilities. I know she misses me dearly, but I certainly try my best...since...I've been trying to become a marine biologist..." Chelsea said leading Pencil towards what appeared to be an underwater castle hidden in an area of the kingdom. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

“Really, you wanna be a marine biologist? That’s cool! Have you started studying anything yet?” Pencil asked excitedly, going way too fast. She always thought marine biology was interesting, even if she didn’t consider it a career for herself. Pencil was sure that if she didn’t stop talking right now, she’d be asking a million questions until they finally met the seapony princess.

Speaking of, Pencil was going to meet a real princess! Not only that, but she was going to meet a princess who wasn’t very well known. It almost felt like she was being let in to a big secret. Pencil wondered on the way what the princess looked like, and how she acted, and if she was nice. She wondered if she ever got lost like quite a few of the creatures here. She had many many thoughts, and was glad none of them were thrown at Chelsea. Pencil wouldn’t want to overwhelm her in a place that was so sensitive to her.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"A little." Chelsea said as she swam into the castle. The guards recognized that Chelsea had the blue lock of hair and let her through. They also let Pencil through as well. "Those guards know me well. They don't speak that much, but they are good at recognizing faces." Chelsea said as she entered the long halls. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

“That doesn’t surprise me a whole lot.” Silver said in response to Dynamo having never heard of his hometown. “Most ponies haven’t heard of either place, mainly due to there being noting around us. It’s nice place, don’t get me wrong, just desolate. If you ever plan to visit Kirin Grove, you really should have one of us with you. It’s quite the slog otherwise, terrain isn’t very forgiving and it’s easy to get lost.”

He listens to Dynamo explaining this video game magic of his. “Wow, I had no idea you could just ‘invent’ your own magic like that. Yea, you see, our village is out in the middle of nowhere, so we’ve kinda fallen behind in the technology department. This trip has really been an eye-opener for me. I did notice the arcade on my way here, I have a feeling I’ll be spending a lot of time there” He laughs.

Silver nods his head in agreement with the training arrangements, and notes that Dynamo is also going to be in attendance to whatever meeting is going on later tonight, along with several others. Silver silently waves goodbye to Pastel’s grandfather before turning to face Thundy.

“Yep, I’ll take your word for it, both you and Dynamo. Just based on what I’ve been seeing you do since I’ve arrived, I’m sure there’s a lot of magic that you do. Maybe with any luck, between all the magical expertise here, I’ll be able to increase my own magic skills by just a little bit.” He said with a small smile.

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“That’s good to know,” Pencil replied.

She was glad she was able to pass without any questions. Pencil figured it was a “they’re with me” situation. Finally, now that they had past pretty much all of the security to Pencil’s knowledge, they were going to meet the princess. It seemed like they were just stopping by for a visit, but was there anything more involved? Were they really just here for a visit, or something of a more important matter?

Pencil felt that was certainly a possibility, but she didn’t say anything about it. She was only speculating anyways, so it’s not like any of her thoughts truly mattered about the situation. Still, she just had to know if there was any particular reason why Chelsea brought herself all the way out here to relive her past with the seaponies.

Guess I’ll find out once we get there Pencil thought.

15 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

"Yep, you heard it straight from Dynamo's mouth." Thundy said as the bluejay he brought to life earlier fluttered down and landed on his shoulder. It chirped once. Thundy gave the bird a gentle stroke. It chirped once more, ruffling its feathers. 

11 hours ago, GeneralDirection said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

“That doesn’t surprise me a whole lot.” Silver said in response to Dynamo having never heard of his hometown. “Most ponies haven’t heard of either place, mainly due to there being noting around us. It’s nice place, don’t get me wrong, just desolate. If you ever plan to visit Kirin Grove, you really should have one of us with you. It’s quite the slog otherwise, terrain isn’t very forgiving and it’s easy to get lost.”

He listens to Dynamo explaining this video game magic of his. “Wow, I had no idea you could just ‘invent’ your own magic like that. Yea, you see, our village is out in the middle of nowhere, so we’ve kinda fallen behind in the technology department. This trip has really been an eye-opener for me. I did notice the arcade on my way here, I have a feeling I’ll be spending a lot of time there” He laughs.

Silver nods his head in agreement with the training arrangements, and notes that Dynamo is also going to be in attendance to whatever meeting is going on later tonight, along with several others. Silver silently waves goodbye to Pastel’s grandfather before turning to face Thundy.

“Yep, I’ll take your word for it, both you and Dynamo. Just based on what I’ve been seeing you do since I’ve arrived, I’m sure there’s a lot of magic that you do. Maybe with any luck, between all the magical expertise here, I’ll be able to increase my own magic skills by just a little bit.” He said with a small smile.

@C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection

Dynamo could hear a sound of flapping as the bluejay that was brought to life landed on Thundy's shoulder. He smiled as it seemed the bluejay had taken a liking to the griffon. He turned his attention back to Silver, whom was continuing his discussion of his village. "That's understandable if you ask me. I can imagine that it's a beautiful place from what you're describing. It's just a shame that the area around it is considered to be desolate. I suppose it's that way to keep potential intruders away. I hope I get to see your hometown someday. It sounds like a great place to stop by and visit." He would say, nodding at the idea to 'invent' magic. "I agree that it's pretty cool. Granted, it's still just elemental magic, but I'm making my own spin on the subject. Plus, you don't have to worry on the whole advancement in technology. Video games and other forms of technology were created recently. So, you and the rest of the Kirin in your village aren't too far behind. I heard that a new shipment of games were delivered to the arcade. So, you'll have plenty of games and time to spend at the arcade. The place is always open to anyone who loves to play games, as well as it's always open to friends." He laughed with a grin in agreement.

Even though Silver was giving his thoughts during the conversation with Thundy, Dynamo thought he should give his two cents. "I wouldn't say that. I think you'll be able to increase the skill of your magic by a great amount. Trust me when I say that. The truth of the matter was that I was born with magic, but it felt like I was born without it. The doctor's had said that because of my horn, I wouldn't be able to mold any kind of magic. However, after gaining my cutie mark, I was able to draw out the magic from within me. I'm still in the learning stages, but I'm still learning what kind of magic I'm capable of using. I know I'll find that hidden potential. Just like how I know you still have a lot of potential in the goals of magic that you told me that you wish to accomplish." He responded with a smile. Hoping that what he said would help the Kirin to feel better.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Silver nodded his head in response “Yes, it is beautiful, just have to have respect for your environment as well. The same things that keep you safe can also put you in a lot of danger. I’d gladly show you and anypony else who’s interested around the village, just know that there really isn’t a whole lot there to see, aside from a bunch of other kirin. Although, we do a lot of performance-type stuff. Singing, dancing, plays, those kinds of things. Times are changing though, as we start to venture out, we’re slowly catching up with the rest of the world. Hopefully kirin start to become more commonplace in Equestria.”

Then he heard Dynamo mention they were getting new games at the arcade. “Ooo, sounds cool. I’ll have to check that out for sure. I’m still new to the whole thing so I probably won’t recognize most of them.”

Silver can’t help but shake his head when Dynamo talk about him getting better at magic. “I appreciate your kind words, but honestly you shouldn’t be expecting much from me. Really, kirin don’t have that much natural ability for magic, and especially in my case. I’ll certainly give it a go, but I’m not anticipating a whole lot. That’s cool that you’ve been able to find your magical prowess, I’m sure with all the great help you have here you’ll be able to find your hidden potential for sure.”

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, GeneralDirection said:

@Dynamo Pad

Silver nodded his head in response “Yes, it is beautiful, just have to have respect for your environment as well. The same things that keep you safe can also put you in a lot of danger. I’d gladly show you and anypony else who’s interested around the village, just know that there really isn’t a whole lot there to see, aside from a bunch of other kirin. Although, we do a lot of performance-type stuff. Singing, dancing, plays, those kinds of things. Times are changing though, as we start to venture out, we’re slowly catching up with the rest of the world. Hopefully kirin start to become more commonplace in Equestria.”

Then he heard Dynamo mention they were getting new games at the arcade. “Ooo, sounds cool. I’ll have to check that out for sure. I’m still new to the whole thing so I probably won’t recognize most of them.”

Silver can’t help but shake his head when Dynamo talk about him getting better at magic. “I appreciate your kind words, but honestly you shouldn’t be expecting much from me. Really, kirin don’t have that much natural ability for magic, and especially in my case. I’ll certainly give it a go, but I’m not anticipating a whole lot. That’s cool that you’ve been able to find your magical prowess, I’m sure with all the great help you have here you’ll be able to find your hidden potential for sure.”

@GeneralDirection @Pastel Heart

Dynamo nodded as he took Silver's advice to heart. "That's true when you put it that way. I guess it depends on who your enemies are. Thankfully, I've been hearing that other creature races and ponies have been becoming friends recently. So, I can imagine there still might be some enemies, but not as likely." He would say, shaking his head at the mention of what Silver's village had to offer. "I still think it's a nice place to live regardless. From the activities you mentioned, it seems that there is a lot of entertainment to enjoy. I know there are plays in Manehattan. I wonder if your village was inspired by that kind of pony theater." He wondered, shrugging his shoulders as the gamer pony was not truly certain. 

Upon hearing Silver's remark on games at the arcade, the gamer pony gave a understanding and friendly smile. "Awesome and sounds like a plan. Maybe we can all check it out sometime tomorrow or during the week. If you have any questions on any of the games, then please don't be afraid to ask. I'll gladly help as much as I can. Plus, Pastel-chan works together with me at the arcade. At the same time, she usually plays the games to test and see if things are up and running. However, I mostly let her play games because she loves video game as much as I do." He says, looking behind him to give Pastel a wink and chuckle. 

Turning his attention back to Silver, Dynamo frowned, but gave a nod in understanding. "Oh, okay and I hope you can forgive me. I'm still new to the whole concept of magic. I know it might sound strange coming from a unicorn, but still. I'm always up to learning all kinds of magic to see what suits me. I think it'll still be cool to learn from you on your style of magic. Also, thank you for the vote of confidence and I'll be sure to give it my best." He respond with a smile.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

”Hey I’d love to join you two at the arcade. I could also add a little more fun to the adventure. 

Hearing the comments about magic gave Thundy more thoughts about what he could teach Dynamo and Silver. 

“Hmm, I wonder if I could ask Samurai if I could put on a “special” piano concert...what do you think guys?” Thundy asked the two. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Silver looks thoughtful for a moment. “You know, I was never the greatest at kirin ancient history, but from what I remember the village was made remote on purpose to protect its inhabitants from…well...anypony I guess. Kirin weren’t well-liked back in the day, from what I understand. But things have changed, and like you said, more ponies have been trying to be friendly towards each other. I think the artsy stuff came about over a profound lack of anything to do, being in the middle of nowhere and all. As long as I can remember, we’ve all had some part in it. I liked to think that I could do a little bit of everything. Wasn’t the best at anything, but I could do pretty much anything that was asked of me proficiently, whether that was singing, painting, acting, or whatever. I consider myself to be well-rounded in most of the creative outlets.”

“Ah, so you both work at the arcade together?” He asked. “That’s cool, what a place to be able to work at!”

Silver turns to Pastel momentarily. “So, you’re the play-tester, huh? Tough job, but somepony’s gotta do it, right?” He gave her a wink before addressing Dynamo again. 

Silver waved a hoof dismissively. “No need to be sorry, most ponies don’t even know what kirin are. My magical deficiency also isn’t your problem, either. Don’t worry about it.” He said with a smile. “I realize I’m the only kirin around here, but I must’ve been last in line when the magic was being handed out or something.  Whenever I change into a nirik, usually somecreature ends up hurt, or worse. Just been lucky that it hasn’t been me, yet.”

Silver then turned to address Thundy. “I dunno when I’ll be going, but since Dynamo works there with Pastel, you’ll probably be able to hang out with them or whatever. I’ll likely be busy for the next little while getting myself situated here. But I’ll definitely be down there for sure!”

Then Silver heard mention of a piano concert. “Hmm…my understanding is that a concert was just held here in town recently. I don’t know if it’s too soon to have another one, but like you said, wouldn’t hurt to run it by Samurai. I never spent much time playing instruments so I may just be in the audience for that one.”

• Brohoof 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:01 PM, Pastel Heart said:

@Pastel Heart

As the alcohol-driven stallion vanished into the distance, Astral felt what could only be described as a mixture of confusion and sadness.

"There goes the strangest pony I've ever known, and I've met the element of laughter. Well Pastel, all I can say is congratulations for earning your cutie mark. I hope to see you shine as an idol, for both Friendshire and your friends."

@Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection

"Well, if you two wish to learn more in the world of magic, feel free to ask me for lessons anytime. I'm no Celestia when it comes to teaching, but I do have quite a few spells to list. Dynamo, your gaming magic was really something yesterday; with a few more years of training, you could easily become a wizard. And Silver, the same may go to you, no matter what your magical talent may be." While he couldn't say much more than had already been stated, Astral hoped the two would continue to practice onward; after all, Equestria always had need for more magically gifted ponies.

9 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

”Hey I’d love to join you two at the arcade. I could also add a little more fun to the adventure. 

Hearing the comments about magic gave Thundy more thoughts about what he could teach Dynamo and Silver. 

“Hmm, I wonder if I could ask Samurai if I could put on a “special” piano concert...what do you think guys?” Thundy asked the two. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Astral's ears turned towards the electric griffin at the mention of a concert, he figured best to inform the new face what had transpired in the past week.

"It's funny that you mention a concert Thundy, the town had a talent show a few days back. It was quite the spectacle to behold, Dynamo and Pastel sung really well, it's no surprise how this pink filly became so popular overnight. Sadly, I myself didn't really get a chance to perform, though I like to think I helped in my own way."

Astral still remembered that night, the dark backstage where he thought he sensed dark magic. He had made himself look a bit foolish, since there was no real danger revealed, but Astral started to think that, just maybe, he wasn't being paranoid at the time. Perhaps he had sensed dark magic, though it wasn't a danger to the group that night; the blue unicorn only hoped the town curse would remain harmless as well, but hope wouldn't ultimately solve the problem.

• Brohoof 2

@Astral Vision @GeneralDirection @Dynamo Pad

Thundy hopped off the jetboard and made it disappear with a poof. "Hey if anyone's ready to go back, I could hook us all up with a sweet ride back into town..." Thundy suddenly stated, still thinking about the stuff that he had missed and wondered if Samurai was going to repeat certain events. 

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel smiled happily, giggling. She was excited for the future and happy to be whatever she wanted to be, magical girl idol or otherwise.

She shook her head as Dynamo expressed his concerns. She smiled at him in a mature way she never had before. This was almost like the concert but she was looking him in the eyes with a new warmness.

"I could never hate you, Dyny. Not ever. You've never done anything wrong to me, and I know you'd never hurt me... As long as I can stay by your side, and stay myself, then everything will be okay, right? This is our world we're building here. Build it with me, Dyny!"

She radiated some kind of energy, that's for sure. Maybe there's more to her after all.

@GeneralDirection

"...And since Silver has like, world bending power and stuff and my hoof has the power to tame evil, he's our partner in crime!"

This will probably leave Dynamo confused. She was likely referring to the Nirik transformation.

@Astral Vision

Pastel was getting a big head now. She climbed up and stood perfectly atop Dynamo's head. How she attained this balance was a feat of science... probably.

"Never fear, friend! Where there's sadness, despair and hopelessness, Magical Idol Pastel Heart will be there to make your heart pound! --woah!"

After this heavily chuuni speech, she shortly lost her balance and fell off Dynamo's head, landing and standing on her own head cartoonishly. Looks like she still had a long way to go.

"I am perfectly okay~!"

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Pastel Heart @Astral Vision @GeneralDirection @C. Thunder Dash

"That would be cool if you joined up. The more, the merrier if you ask me. Plus, I'm always up to taking opinions on what other games we would need for the arcade." Dynamo responded with a nod to Silver's remark. Hearing about the piano concert had caused the gamer pony to chuckle. "It's kind of ironic that the concert was sort of the first even that had happened. We've had a sort of karaoke festival after some of us had first settled into town. It's kind of difficult to explain, but it might be interesting to see. It might be better to ask Sam and see what he thinks."

2 hours ago, GeneralDirection said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Pastel Heart

Silver looks thoughtful for a moment. “You know, I was never the greatest at kirin ancient history, but from what I remember the village was made remote on purpose to protect its inhabitants from…well...anypony I guess. Kirin weren’t well-liked back in the day, from what I understand. But things have changed, and like you said, more ponies have been trying to be friendly towards each other. I think the artsy stuff came about over a profound lack of anything to do, being in the middle of nowhere and all. As long as I can remember, we’ve all had some part in it. I liked to think that I could do a little bit of everything. Wasn’t the best at anything, but I could do pretty much anything that was asked of me proficiently, whether that was singing, painting, acting, or whatever. I consider myself to be well-rounded in most of the creative outlets.”

“Ah, so you both work at the arcade together?” He asked. “That’s cool, what a place to be able to work at!”

Silver turns to Pastel momentarily. “So, you’re the play-tester, huh? Tough job, but somepony’s gotta do it, right?” He gave her a wink before addressing Dynamo again. 

Silver waved a hoof dismissively. “No need to be sorry, most ponies don’t even know what kirin are. My magical deficiency also isn’t your problem, either. Don’t worry about it.” He said with a smile. “I realize I’m the only kirin around here, but I must’ve been last in line when the magic was being handed out or something.  Whenever I change into a nirik, usually somecreature ends up hurt, or worse. Just been lucky that it hasn’t been me, yet.”

Silver then turned to address Thundy. “I dunno when I’ll be going, but since Dynamo works there with Pastel, you’ll probably be able to hang out with them or whatever. I’ll likely be busy for the next little while getting myself situated here. But I’ll definitely be down there for sure!”

Then Silver heard mention of a piano concert. “Hmm…my understanding is that a concert was just held here in town recently. I don’t know if it’s too soon to have another one, but like you said, wouldn’t hurt to run it by Samurai. I never spent much time playing instruments so I may just be in the audience for that one.”

"I hope you can forgive me, but I don't really know much about Kirin's. They do sound like fascinating creatures. Maybe you can explain whatever you know later on. I'm sorry to hear that your kind wasn't well liked, but I'm happy to hear that things have changed for the better. Art is a pretty cool thing to take up as it gives you a sort of passion to express yourself. I've done my fair share of drawing, but it was more towards video game weaponry. It was sort of something fun to do when I didn't have much to do. I'm not sure if Kirin's have the ability to get cutie marks or not, but I think it's pretty neat that you could do a bit of everything. It shows that you can be good at many talents and not be stuck to doing one specific goal." He responded with a smile and nod to Silver.

Upon hearing his question of his and Pastel's job at the arcade, Dynamo nodded wholeheartedly. Lifting Pastel off of his back, before ruffling her mane playfully. "Eeyup. I couldn't ask for a better pony to work beside with. We usually lose track of time whenever we play a video game together." He chuckled, before a thought came to mind. "If you think that, then you could always work with us. I know I might hire other ponies if I or Pastel-chan need to be away from the arcade for a certain amount of time. Plus, it'll give you a chance to discover more video games you might like. I know it's out of the blue to ask you something like that, but I'll leave the offer on the table for you. Just in case you aren't sure yet, or if you change your mind." He nodded in understanding as Silver told him not to worry about anything. However, hearing the word Nirik had caused Dynamo to raise an eyebrow. "I hope you don't mind me in asking, but what's a Nirik? I'm guessing that's might have something to do with Kirin's of some sort? I can also relate to what you were saying in the magic department. I know I mentioned to you about how I got my magic through playing video games, but I think it was more than that. I discovered through a book with Astral's and Samurai's help. In said book, I think I found a pony that might be an ancestor of mine. One who was in the village that was home to the legendary sorceress, Mistmane. So, maybe me having this kind of horn might have something to do with Mistmane's village and race of unicorns." He says, pointing the to the horn upon his forehead.

2 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Pastel Heart

As the alcohol-driven stallion vanished into the distance, Astral felt what could only be described as a mixture of confusion and sadness.

"There goes the strangest pony I've ever known, and I've met the element of laughter. Well Pastel, all I can say is congratulations for earning your cutie mark. I hope to see you shine as an idol, for both Friendshire and your friends."

@Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection

"Well, if you two wish to learn more in the world of magic, feel free to ask me for lessons anytime. I'm no Celestia when it comes to teaching, but I do have quite a few spells to list. Dynamo, your gaming magic was really something yesterday; with a few more years of training, you could easily become a wizard. And Silver, the same may go to you, no matter what your magical talent may be." While he couldn't say much more than had already been stated, Astral hoped the two would continue to practice onward; after all, Equestria always had need for more magically gifted ponies.

@C. Thunder Dash

Astral's ears turned towards the electric griffin at the mention of a concert, he figured best to inform the new face what had transpired in the past week.

"It's funny that you mention a concert Thundy, the town had a talent show a few days back. It was quite the spectacle to behold, Dynamo and Pastel sung really well, it's no surprise how this pink filly became so popular overnight. Sadly, I myself didn't really get a chance to perform, though I like to think I helped in my own way."

Astral still remembered that night, the dark backstage where he thought he sensed dark magic. He had made himself look a bit foolish, since there was no real danger revealed, but Astral started to think that, just maybe, he wasn't being paranoid at the time. Perhaps he had sensed dark magic, though it wasn't a danger to the group that night; the blue unicorn only hoped the town curse would remain harmless as well, but hope wouldn't ultimately solve the problem.

"Iron was a bit of a strange pony, but I think he meant well." Dynamo responded, turning his attention over towards Astral. "You've actually met with the element of laughter? That's pretty cool, in my opinion. I think her name is Pinkie Pie, right? I haven't met any of the Elements of Harmony or the Princess of Friendship, but I did meet someone who is close to them. If you could believe it, that is." He says with a chuckle. Upon hearing the offer to train in magic, Dynamo nodded without hesitation. "You know I'm always up to learning magic from you, Astral. I still want to show you the magic that I used in that race yesterday. I might also need help from you and Sam too. It does depend on if Sam is busy around town or not. I was hoping to see what kind of elemental magic I'm capable of using, before moving on to any future steps." 

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling at the mention of being called a wizard. "Considering that I like and play video games, then I guess that would making me a gaming wizard?" He winked, before he fell into a fit of laughter. He held a hoof over his sides as he knew the joke was terrible. "Oh, I'm so sorry, but I had to do that. Whenever I see a pun or something that is ironic, then I have to say it." He sighed, wiping a tear out of his eye in the process from laughing so much. "I do know of a pony who is a wizard, but his last name had said 'wizard' in it. His name is Pinball Wizard and despite having the name wizard, he's actually an elderly earth pony. He's the one that welcomed me into his arcade and it was that arcade that helped me to discover my talent." He smiled softly as he remembered that moment like it was yesterday. 

As Astral brought up the talent show the other day, Dynamo blushed bashfully and waved a hoof at the blue unicorn. "Oh, that's not true. I think I did okay, but I don't think I did that well. You also did help because you, Pastel-chan, Samurai and Pencil really helped me to find the confidence to go out on stage. I never would have sung if it wasn't for all of you. I can't thank you guys enough and I really do appreciate your support." He says, giving Astral and Pencil a grateful expression on his face.

36 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel smiled happily, giggling. She was excited for the future and happy to be whatever she wanted to be, magical girl idol or otherwise.

She shook her head as Dynamo expressed his concerns. She smiled at him in a mature way she never had before. This was almost like the concert but she was looking him in the eyes with a new warmness.

"I could never hate you, Dyny. Not ever. You've never done anything wrong to me, and I know you'd never hurt me... As long as I can stay by your side, and stay myself, then everything will be okay, right? This is our world we're building here. Build it with me, Dyny!"

She radiated some kind of energy, that's for sure. Maybe there's more to her after all.

@GeneralDirection

"...And since Silver has like, world bending power and stuff and my hoof has the power to tame evil, he's our partner in crime!"

This will probably leave Dynamo confused. She was likely referring to the Nirik transformation.

@Astral Vision

Pastel was getting a big head now. She climbed up and stood perfectly atop Dynamo's head. How she attained this balance was a feat of science... probably.

"Never fear, friend! Where there's sadness, despair and hopelessness, Magical Idol Pastel Heart will be there to make your heart pound! --woah!"

After this heavily chuuni speech, she shortly lost her balance and fell off Dynamo's head, landing and standing on her own head cartoonishly. Looks like she still had a long way to go.

"I am perfectly okay~!"

As Pastel began to speak, Dynamo turned his attention over towards the pink pony. Staring into her eyes had caught the gaming pony off guard. It looked as if her eyes and smile had given her a mature look. Something that Dynamo wasn't sure he had seen before until now. If so, then it was only briefly. The expression in her smile and eyes gave a feeling of warmth in his opinion. Dynamo could only blush and smile softly as he listened to what Pastel had to say. He nodded as he pulled Pastel into a hug. "Thank you and that really means a lot coming from you, Pastel-chan. I hope I never do anything that would make you think otherwise." He would say, holding out his front right hoof for her to take. "If that's the case, then I wouldn't mind having you stay by my side. We make a pretty good team, after all. I think if we stick together and we stay true to ourselves, then everything will work out just fine. Let's build that world together, Pastel-chan." He smiled with a chuckle at Pastel's enthusiasm.

Upon hearing about Silver's power and her hoof, Dynamo couldn't help in tilting his head slightly in confusion. "Uh...did I miss something? It seems like something had happened when we all went our separate ways for the day. Can someone please explain because I'm a little lost." He would say, before feeling Pastel climbing upon him until she stood atop his head. Dynamo was caught off guard momentarily, but he managed to stay standing so she wouldn't fall off from the top of his head. However, she had momentarily lost her balance as she was giving her speech and poses. Dynamo had attempted to catch her, but wasn't quick enough as Pastel was already on the ground as he was starting to turn towards her. "Are you okay, Pastel-chan? You're not hurt are you?" He asks in concern. Even though she said she was okay, he still didn't want to take any chances. He offered a front hoof towards her once more, in hopes of helping her onto her hooves.

At the mention of the male griffon offering a ride back, Dynamo smiled, before shaking his head. "I might pass, but it depends on what everyone else has to say. I've had enough dune jumping for one day and the town isn't too far from here. So, once again it's up to everyone else on what they'd like to do. Thank you for the offer though, Thundy." He would say with an appreciative smile.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 4