Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

"Oh! Sorry, I uh, do that sometimes, ahaha~"

She doesn't even seem to be aware that she wondered off... truly a free spirit. She looked back at the book after Dynamo brought it up but shrugged nonchalantly. It seems it already lost her interest.

"It's super weird. The writer writes kinda funny. I don't get that stuff at all."

Edited by Pastel-chan
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Oh! Sorry, I uh, do that sometimes, ahaha~"

She doesn't even seem to be aware that she wondered off... truly a free spirit. She looked back at the book after Dynamo brought it up but shrugged nonchalantly. It seems it already lost her interest.

"It's super weird. The writer writes kinda funny. I don't get that stuff at all."

"It's okay and no need to apologize. If anything, then I should be the one to apologize. I guess I was focused on trying to find any and all information, that I guess I lost track of everything around me. I'm sorry if it seemed as if I had bored you."

He chuckled as he gave Pastel and apologetic look. He didn't blame her as she was very spontaneous. Always moving from one moment to the next. It looked like she had lost interest in the book. Seeing how she gave a shrug after looking back at the book.

"Hmm...I wouldn't really call the way the writer writes to be weird. I guess it depends on what they were writing about. Maybe they were writing in an odd hoof writing, or the words are in some sort of old Ponish writing?" He shrugged his shoulders as he wasn't too sure either. 

10 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Astral Vision

"You can say that again, Pastel. I can imagine there would be bookshelves that have specific genres. If so, then I can see what books the super smart ponies would like to read."

He chuckled slightly as he stacked a couple of books on the ground. He looked around to see if the young filly was still with him. As he looked, he quickly turned in each direction. Trying his best to not panic and/or hyperventilate in the fear of losing his friend. He squinted his eyes as he thought he saw Pastel, but she seemed to have been getting further away. "I wonder if she's going into the fantasy section." He looked at the stack of books as an idea had come to mind. He made sure to leave a trail of the books he was planning to gather, while making his way over to Pastel. "Hey, Pastel. Wait for me. You shouldn't go wandering off." He called out to her in a loud whisper, while making sure not to disturb any of the other ponies and creatures, who were reading. If Astral went looking for them, he would see the stack of books in a neat line. A sign left by Dynamo in the event that he and Pastel had gotten lost.

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

Astral wandered throughout the library searching for Dynamo and Pastel, until he eventually came across a line of books on the floor. At first, Astral wished that somepony had cleaned these up, but then he quickly realized that the line led to a specific section in the library.

"Fantasy Section huh? I'm guessing Pastel went that way." Astral chuckled to himself as he continued. To his relief, Astral eventually found Dynamo and Pastel. Quietly, Astral came up to the two, and was quick to share his findings.

"Guys, I found what we're looking for, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be." Astral said as he opened the book to reveal the missing pages.

"Somepony, or something, doesn't want anyone to know what happened between the two mayors. As for their reasons, I'm afraid I don't have enough data to answer."

Pencil, satisfied with her sketches, decided to make her way out of the shop. She felt bad for staying for a half-hour just drawing, so she chose a cute light blue hat that dipped towards the front to take home. 

Pencil stood in line and waited to make her purchase. She contemplated the need to buy the hat, knowing full well she wouldn’t wear it that much.

Do I really need this? I know it’s bad that I spent the whole time sketching in here but I don’t wanna waste money! What would I even need this for? Hmm...maybe somepony interesting would notice? Yeah, then that interesting pony could lead me to interesting objects to draw! Oh, or, umm... she thought, clearly thinking way to hard about a five-bit purchase.

She moved closer to the counter, waiting on a couple more ponies to check out. She shuffled her hooves, nervously awaiting her turn. Pencil also took a strand of hair and began playing with it telekinetically. She nearly decided to bolt out of the store, but the line had grown since the time she had stood there. 

Sighing inwardly, she inched a step further towards the checkout. She swished her tail in annoyance at the situation.

Am I really worried over a hat? For gosh sake, I can return the thing if I want! Pencil snapped to herself. 

@Dynamo Pad

"I don't THINK it was old ponish... More like, how crazy ponies write? Is prolly just rambling."

Why was that in a place like this? What in the world is a Kinesis? Pastel wondered but wasn't necessarily smart enough to come to a sensible conclusion.

@Astral Vision

Her ears perked up as Astral returned with the relevant book. She jumped up and down to try and see what he saw while talking, but with that not working, she climbed up on Astrals back and peeked over his shoulder. No concept of a personal bubble has been explained to her. She was drawing her own wild conclusions in her head as she assumed her thinking face.

"Hmmm, two mayors, a fight no one talks about... A political intrigue that has left its bloodstained past on Friendshire! Erased so no one would repeat the mistakes of the past... uh... I read a story like that once."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Astral Vision

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard Astal’s voice in the distance. He turned around and waved his arm to call the blue unicorn over. “Glad to see you found us, Astral. I knew it was a good idea to leave the books as a trail.” He would say, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. “Wait. You were able to find something about the town? That’s great! What did you find?” He whispered, while making sure not to disturb any of the readers in the library. 

As Astral opened the book to the missing pages. Dynamo gasped as he saw the fate of the book. “So, there were two mayors and they were friends. However, something happened that caused their friendship to become ruined? That’s honestly terrible. It seems like we really have a mystery on our hooves. The only question is where the missing pages could have gone. Not only that, but what caused the mayors to fight in the first place? At the very least, you found something that really helps the town. Now all we need to do is to find a way to bring the two mayors back together.”

@Pastel-chan

Dynamo tilted his head in confusion, but nodded nonetheless. Hmm...I guess I can’t help you there. I honestly don’t know what or how a crazy pony writes. Although, I think it would be nice to look into. You never know what you might find. I also wouldn’t say rambling, but more along the lines of creative thinking. You’d probably do well in a debate.” He would say, listening to Pastel’s conclusion on what they learned from Astral. “Was the latter half of what you said from some sort of manga? That sounds somewhat familiar, but I don’t exactly know where.” 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Astral Vision

Dynamo’s ears perked as he heard Astal’s voice in the distance. He turned around and waved his arm to call the blue unicorn over. “Glad to see you found us, Astral. I knew it was a good idea to leave the books as a trail.” He would say, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. “Wait. You were able to find something about the town? That’s great! What did you find?” He whispered, while making sure not to disturb any of the readers in the library. 

As Astral opened the book to the missing pages. Dynamo gasped as he saw the fate of the book. “So, there were two mayors and they were friends. However, something happened that caused their friendship to become ruined? That’s honestly terrible. It seems like we really have a mystery on our hooves. The only question is where the missing pages could have gone. Not only that, but what caused the mayors to fight in the first place? At the very least, you found something that really helps the town. Now all we need to do is to find a way to bring the two mayors back together.”

@Pastel-chan

Dynamo tilted his head in confusion, but nodded nonetheless. Hmm...I guess I can’t help you there. I honestly don’t know what or how a crazy pony writes. Although, I think it would be nice to look into. You never know what you might find. I also wouldn’t say rambling, but more along the lines of creative thinking. You’d probably do well in a debate.” He would say, listening to Pastel’s conclusion on what they learned from Astral. “Was the latter half of what you said from some sort of manga? That sounds somewhat familiar, but I don’t exactly know where.” 

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

Astral nodded his head in agreement, and smiled sheepishly at the compliment. After levitating Pastel off of his back and to the ground with his magic, Astral returned the book to his satchel.

"You're right Dynamo, this is a mystery that could impact the entire town if we solve it, and I love a good mystery. However, it's pretty late, so it's probably best to wait until morning. Samurai showed you where you can stay for the night, correct? If so, be sure to get your rest, especially you little miss bouncy" Astral replied.

As he turned to leave the two ponies and venture out into the night, Astral paused and turned his head to face them.

"Thank you very much for your help, I'm sure we'll meet again soon" Astral concluded as he began to make his departure, ready to retire to his travel kart for the night.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Astral Vision said:

@Dynamo Pad @Pastel-chan

Astral nodded his head in agreement, and smiled sheepishly at the compliment. After levitating Pastel off of his back and to the ground with his magic, Astral returned the book to his satchel.

"You're right Dynamo, this is a mystery that could impact the entire town if we solve it, and I love a good mystery. However, it's pretty late, so it's probably best to wait until morning. Samurai showed you where you can stay for the night, correct? If so, be sure to get your rest, especially you little miss bouncy" Astral replied.

As he turned to leave the two ponies and venture out into the night, Astral paused and turned his head to face them.

"Thank you very much for your help, I'm sure we'll meet again soon" Astral concluded as he began to make his departure, ready to retire to his travel kart for the night.

@Pastel-chan

Dynamo nodded as he walked with the group back towards the center of the library. All the while, making sure to collected the line of books that he placed upon the floor. "You can say that again, Astral. If you check out the book, then make sure to let Samurai know. Maybe he'll know something. If not, then at least we'll have another friend/teammate on the case. Hopefully, we'll be able to find out about the mysterious of the mayors and this town soon. By the way, I found some books about the town, but it seemed like some standard information. Just though I'd let you know in case you needed to check them out. I think I also found something on Asian pony culture, but I didn't get a chance to look into it." He looked at the library entrance to see that the sun was going down. "Huh. I didn't think so much time had already past. Yup, he did." He says with a nod. "I told Samurai that Pastel and I might stay at the house next to the arcade. I believe it's vacant. So, we'll stay there and I'll fill out the house applications the next day."

As Astral began to take his leave, Dynamo smiled with a nod. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get a chance to look into his family history. However, he had found a book that might hold something to his heritage. So, it wasn't a total loss, in his opinion. "You're welcome and it's no problem. I hope we'll get to meet up and/or hang out again sometime. I managed to find a book on Asian pony culture and history. Maybe we can look into it, or I'll let Samurai know about it. Goodnight and take it easy, Astral." He waved, before looking over to his other companion. "So, what do you say? Ready to head over to the arcade and call it a day? We can take stock and test out some of the arcade games tomorrow."

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel waved goodbye to Astral with a smile and looked up to Dynamo, nodding. She had fun today, for sure; to think 24 hours ago she was dreading the school camp! Hopefully lots more fun things were to come!

"Mhm! I'm not sleepy, but I can read or something!"

@Astral Vision, @Bastian@Dynamo Pad, @Emerald Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Pastel-chan, @Windy Breeze

As the day begins to wind down, Samurai goes to his work shop. Messing with his magic box one more, he turns random dials and switches, until he gets a new magical projection. "Oh~! I hope it's not too late..."

He takes a moment to make a phone call. "Yes, I'd like to issue a special event for first thing tomorrow... You can?! ... Arigato gozaimasu." Samurai hangs up the phone. The plans have been set in motion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2

Most of the town was in for a surprise. Over night and into the morning, construction workers have been quickly changing the town square.

There are ads all over the place advertising a "Free, Open-Mic Concert" today! There's even people handing out fliers, and Samurai Equine is helping out with the production.
There will be a town band ready with instrumentals, whatever any pony needs. There is dressing rooms and plenty of back-stage resources.
Anyone who feels comfortable performing now has a chance to show this town their musical chops and creativity!

At his shop, Trilby Hatter is preparing some things when he notices a familiar face entering his shop agian.

"Shadow Trail!" He gallops over to her. "I'm so glad to see you again! I wasn't sure I would after yesterday; I've been so busy since then. 

@Samurai Equine

Shadow glance away from him due to the fact she felt guilty about shoplifting by accident.

“Did you get the bits I left outside the store? It's for the hat i... lost” she said, reluctantly saying the last word of her sentence “I got a little agitated cause i had something to do” 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby quiets her by putting a hoof over her lips in a 'shhh' motion. He gives her back her money, minus two bits, and then takes one of Shadow's hooves in his own.

"Shadow, would you like to go out with me?" He says very bravely and suddenly.
"I don't care that much about the hat or the money. It's just... I don't know, I feel something special about you, something special between us. You don't have to say yes, I know we met just yesterday. But I felt like taking a chance just in case I'm wrong. There is a concert happening today, and I'd really like for the both us to go to it, together." Trilby explains.

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

Shadow let out a gasp and spread her wings in surprise. They just known each other the previous day and he already had a crush on her!? She would have denied him immediately but the other part of her mind tells her this could be the opportunity to make more friends by dating this guy. 

“Why would I deny such offer from a humble stallion like you? Of course I would say yes” she gave him a cheery smile, blushing at Trilby. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby suddenly feels so happy, he could leap for joy. "All right! I got a marefriend!" He raises his hooves up high in joy before giving Shadow Trail a hug.

After that, he continues what he was originally doing. He has a bunch of clothes on rolling metal clothing racks. "These are for the concert. Some of the performers want costumes, and I'm the only pony in town who can fill the order. Are you going to sing or just watch?"

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

“I'll just watch, I'm a bad singer afterall” she said “I also had a costume myself but... I don't know if I should use it, I often use my costume during Nightmare Night” She was very happy to have somepony fall in love with her and she wanted to pay them back by... falling in love as well. She didn't have feelings for this stallion but she would try.

“So other than going to a concert, what are your other plans today?” 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Funny she should mention that. "Well, if you don't want to sing, that's fine..." Trilby smirks. "But I might sing a song. For you, at least." Trilby says, offering to serenade her at today's concert. "But other then that, I don't have much going on. Government work is on hold for this concert, and I doubt ponies will want to purchase any clothing. We could do something else if you want. There's restaurants, a movie theater, other shops besides mine."

“Is there a school too? I really love to see foals!” she said cheerfully said, showing her excitement. Foals one of most beautiful beings she saw in her life, some of them might be spoiled but atleast there are still more that are very friendly “Then after that, let's go and eat something delicious!” 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel waved goodbye to Astral with a smile and looked up to Dynamo, nodding. She had fun today, for sure; to think 24 hours ago she was dreading the school camp! Hopefully lots more fun things were to come!

"Mhm! I'm not sleepy, but I can read or something!"

"Well, it is still a bit early in the evening. Maybe we can see what the house next to the arcade looks like. We'll have to decided the rooms we'll take and put all our stuff away."

He didn't blame Pastel for not being tired. He wasn't tired yet, but he knew getting enough rest was beneficial. He still couldn't believe what had happened today. He had thought he was going to Ponyville, but it turned out to be a different trip altogether. Perhaps he was going to like staying in this town all the more. "I guess we could also move the plan of seeing the arcade on the list of plans." He would say as they started making their way towards what would be their home in Friendshire.

5 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Astral Vision, @Bastian@Dynamo Pad, @Emerald Heart, @ExplosionMare, @Pastel-chan, @Windy Breeze

As the day begins to wind down, Samurai goes to his work shop. Messing with his magic box one more, he turns random dials and switches, until he gets a new magical projection. "Oh~! I hope it's not too late..."

He takes a moment to make a phone call. "Yes, I'd like to issue a special event for first thing tomorrow... You can?! ... Arigato gozaimasu." Samurai hangs up the phone. The plans have been set in motion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2

Most of the town was in for a surprise. Over night and into the morning, construction workers have been quickly changing the town square.

There are ads all over the place advertising a "Free, Open-Mic Concert" today! There's even people handing out fliers, and Samurai Equine is helping out with the production.
There will be a town band ready with instrumentals, whatever any pony needs. There is dressing rooms and plenty of back-stage resources.
Anyone who feels comfortable performing now has a chance to show this town their musical chops and creativity!

At his shop, Trilby Hatter is preparing some things when he notices a familiar face entering his shop agian.

"Shadow Trail!" He gallops over to her. "I'm so glad to see you again! I wasn't sure I would after yesterday; I've been so busy since then. 

As a new day had dawned, Dynamo had slowly opened his eyes. Letting out a yawn, the blue unicorn tried to cover his eyes from the light that shown through his window. Alas, it was to no avail as he was already starting to wake up. He looked over to the time on his nightstand to see that it was still early. It didn't help that he thought he had heard the sound of construction throughout the night. Perhaps he could go see what the commotion was all about. In the meantime, he sat up and bed and stretched. His back and legs still sore from walking and carrying his cart of belongings all day. "Hmm...I wonder if Pastel is awake? Maybe breakfast should be in order. Along with checking out what all that racket was."

@Dynamo Pad

"DYNY!"

Dynamo could only barely finish thinking before as if out of nowhere, a wild Pastel appeared and jumped on his bed! Where does she get the energy this early in the morning? She seemed super excited and had some kinda flyer in her mouth. Something must be happening.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

"DYNY!"

Dynamo could only barely finish thinking before as if out of nowhere, a wild Pastel appeared and jumped on his bed! Where does she get the energy this early in the morning? She seemed super excited and had some kinda flyer in her mouth. Something must be happening.

“Woah!” Dynamo exclaimed as Pastel had appeared out of nowhere.  He jumped back from the initial shock, before he promptly fell out of bed and onto the floor. It took him a moment to steady his heart and gather his bearings. 

“I guess that’s one way to become wide awake in the morning. Good morning to you too, Pastel.” He sighed, before chuckling. All the while wondering how Pastel has so much energy so early in the morning. He chalked it up as Pastel having youth for being young. “I was just about to check up on you and see if everything was okay. However, I guess that not the case as you seem wide awake. By the way, what’s that flyer you got there?” He asks, pointing to the flyer that she held in her mouth. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Forest put his coffee cup down in the café and paid for it, he left the place afterwards and walked towards the hat shop, Shadow was there and he would get some answers.

@Windy Breeze @Samurai Equine

Forest walked towards his destination, but instead of going in, he decided to hide in the near alley, he would catch her by surprise.

She won't know what hit her.

Thought the monk while he perked his ears up, ready to strike at any moment.

17 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

DAY 2

@Samurai Equine

Astral slept soundly in his bed. Though it seemed like a tight fit in his rather compressed travel cart, it was comfortable all the same. Light shone through the cracks of his window, and books and scriptures were stacked neatly on the floor, though Astral was soon in for a rude awakening. Out of no where, loud crashes and and bangs shocked the blue unicorn and sent him flying into the air, hitting the ceiling in a rough matter.

"SWEET FATHER OF LUNA! What the hay is going on?!" Astral, though half-awake, stuttered in surprise. He ran out of his bed and moved to open his windows, only to be met with a group of construction workers.

"Hey buddy, sorry for moving your cart, but you were sleeping smack dab in the middle of our works. No need to thank us" said a construction pony.

Even though Astral was annoyed, he knew he had only himself to blame. Now that he was awake, he decided to only say what seemed most obvious next.

"Might I ask what you're building?"

"A stage of course, didn't you hear? There's gonna be an Open-Mic Concert today! Everypony in town will get the chance to sing in front of a live audience."

Astral grew curious of who he might see perform, and he wondered if Dynamo or Pastel would attend. However, remembering what had been found yesterday, Astral decided his first order of business would be showing the book to Samurai. Returning to his cart, he got on his coat and grabbed the book, placing it in his satchel. As much as Astral hated skipping breakfast, he knew this matter was of the utmost importance, so he started to make his way back to Samurai's house.

(edited)

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

"That sounds lovely! We'll spend a little bit of time at the concert, go visit a local school, and then a restaurant on me. Would you like to help me move some of these clothing racks?" Trilby grabs two and wheels them out.

He'll be the first one out the door before Shadow. So if Forest acts, he'll end up surprising Trilby instead of Shadow.

@Astral Vision

Astral wouldn't have to trot very far. "Ugh... Why do some performers get this nervous during practice?" Samurai throws out a few sick bags in a nearby dumpster, but then notices another pony out of the corner of his periphery. "Astral?" He walks over to him. "Good morning! You're up rather early. Are you here to take part in the concert? I know it's rather last-minute, but the citizens are so excited for activity that many of them started pitching in without question. Almost like they were waiting for this their whole lives."

Edited by Samurai Equine

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

“Sure” Shadow smiled casually. moving to one of the clothing racks she turn to Trilby “Where should I put this one?” she asked, pointing at the clothing rack infront of her as Trilby goes to the entrance. It was mostly full of expensive dresses, one that caught her eye is a black dress with star and moon design which reminds her of the night sky. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel broke out laughing as Dynamo fell out of the bed, dropping the flyer in the process.

"Nyahaha! You shoulda seen your face! It's like you saw a ghost!"

Pastel jumped triumphantly on the bed for... some reason. Maybe she felt powerful. Maybe it's an earth pony thing. As Dynamo brought up the flyer, she snapped back to reality and swept it off the bed towards him.

"There's gonna be performances today! Music! Singing! Bands will be ready, and anypony interested can take part! How cool is this!?"

She seemed more excited than usual. It's hard to imagine this off the wall filly in front of a crowd, let alone performing, but her confidence was certainly something.