Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Astral Vision, @Dynamo Pad, @Pastel Heart, @ExplosionMare, @C. Thunder Dash, @GeneralDirection, @Emerald Heart, @Buck Testa, @CameoShadowness, @Ragland Tiger, @Windy Breeze 🥧, @Kronos the Revenant

The crowd cheers with joy as Dynamo declares the new game open to play for all, but what they really want is for him and his friends to show them all how to play it.
Just outside, though he is a little late, Trilby walks up to the gaming tournament with a cart full of gaming-related merch to sell. He looks rather excited. "The audience is going to love this! I've got t-shirts, mugs, little action figures, hats, and commemorative lanyards!" Trilby practically giggles with glee.

However, the second Dynamo or any of his friends touch one of the head-sets or controllers, the magic activates.
A blinding white light shoots out from the game's various monitors and headsets, growing and expanding at a phenomenal rate until the ENTIRE TOWN of Friendshire is covered in this mysterious white light. All of this happens in the span of 2-3 seconds; meaning there is no time for anyone to react or get out of the way. By the time you see this white light, it's too late. And then, just as quickly as the light comes, everything fades to black...

SELECT YOUR CHARACTER!

By the time everyone opens their eyes again, they find they are in an empty black void with a digital grid for a floor and ceiling. Each of them are cut off from their friends, awake in their own identical void. And of course, what woke them up is a floating Character Select window and the voice of the video game narrator saying...

SELECT YOUR CHARACTER!

"...Huh? Wha?" Trilby notices he is alone in some digital void, and in front of him is a Character Select window. He could scroll through the options and pick out something different, but the first one that comes up is one that is highly recommended. BLACK SMITH. "What is going on?! What do you mean, pick a character? WHERE AM I?!" Trilby tries to move, but finds he cannot escape. Like everyone else being told to select a character, he can only move a few steps in either direction. Basically, he is stuck in this place until he does what the game wants. "Recommended... Black Smith? Makes and modifies weapons? Battle participation optional? I'm still utterly confused, but if I can avoid being part of any battle, then that sounds right up my alley!"

Trilby reaches his hoof out and steps forward, only to trip on ...something? "AH!" Trilby cries out as he falls, which causes him to select a different character in the list instead. He looks up and sees which one he touched. "Cleric?! NO!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED! I told you, I don't want to be part of any batt--!" But Trilby gets cut off when he gets transported to a different area.

"--le!" Trilby soon finds himself in a wild looking throne-room. It looks like something straight out of a cinematic fantasy, but it has a mix of medieval and sci-fi elements. He also quickly finds that he is now dressed like some kind of armored cleric. "What the... Why am I dressed like this?! Where am I now?! And... Am I the only one here?" Above him, he notices the floating words "WAITING FOR PARTY...", which makes Trilby blink in surprise. "I guess that explains it. I'm waiting for others to get here."

-----------------------------------------------------------

This phenomenon has spread across all of Friendshire, which means even random civilians and visitors are getting wrapped up in it.

"...Huh? Where am I? Where did Bluebell go?" Tempest asks, finding herself stuck in a digital void. The same kind Trilby was stuck in. Still, this void is asking her to pick a character and giving her a handful of selections to choose from. "Hmm... Shadow Wraith? Not sure I get it, but if selecting this will get me out of here, I'll do it." She selects the character, and is also transported to a different location, but not quite the same location as Trilby.

------------------------------------------------------------

And now the same fate falls onto everyone else. As of now, EVERYONE is trapped inside the game Two Castles. This no longer just a game. It's not a simulation or holographic projection. This is a video game turned into reality.
They must pick a character, and they must pick it alone with no one else's input.
The game will suggest a character for everyone, but you don't have to pick that if you prefer something else.

For example...
For Astral, GRAND WIZARD is recommended. However, alternatives include things like BATTLE PSYCHIC and COSMIC ALCHEMIST.
For Dynamo, BARD is recommended. However, alternatives include ELECTROMANCER and RAIDER.
For Pastel, SILVER KNIGHT is recommended. However, alternatives include things like SOUND BENDER and HOLY MAGE.
For Kronos, BLACK KNIGHT is recommended. However, alternatives include things like DUNGEON MASTER and CLONE COMMANDER.
For Thundy, SNIPER is recommended. However, alternatives include things like ARCHER and BATTALIONEER.
For Chelsea, WATER MAGE is recommended. However, alternatives include things like PIRATE and HACKER.
For Silver, DRAGON MASTER is recommended. However, alternatives include things like PYRO SHAMEN and LUPIN.
For Pencil, ART CASTER is recommended. However, alternatives include AERONAUT and SHIELD BARON.
And so on, and so on, and so on. Etc.

Who will our brave champions pick? And where will they end up after picking a character? The fate of Friendshire hangs in the balance. Game on!

(All right, everyone! Your next reply is simple. Select a character. It doesn't have to be from the list above. It doesn't have to be something medieval inspired either, it can be modern or futuristic. I know I didn't give suggestions for everyone, I just wanted to get the ball rolling. If you want to suggest your own character type or just learn more, either PM me or contact me in the Planning thread. If you have questions about any of these character types, contact me! If you want a quick description about these characters and more, contact me! Not all of them are heroic characters, some are dark/villainous. Most importantly, DO NOT REPLY right away if you're not sure what to do. That's what I'm here to help you with. After your OC selects a character, I'll let you know where your OC has been transported to, and the RP will pick up from there. :) )

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine 

Thundy felt the surge of energy. “Well then, hmmm...who to pick...I’ll be...Battalioneer.” Thundy said selecting the role. 

Though Chelsea did not want to play, she felt the surge. “Huh?! What?! Thundy?! What did you?” She asked looking around. She then saw the character select screen. “Great...guess Imma play too. You know I’m gonna pick Water Mage.” Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

Kronos got shocked upon seeing the bright white light. 

“GAH,” he exclaimed “What the hell is that!?”

When he came to, he saw nothing but a void. Suddenly he hears a prompt telling him to select a character. He scrolls through the selection and wasn’t impressed by the initial selection. He decided to make his own custom class. 

After making up abilities and stats that matched his profession and skill level, he was now Kronos, the Cybernetic Juggernaut. Armed with futuristic tech, he’s armed to the teeth with power armor, energy weapons, heavy weapons, explosives, energy blades, grenades. He put up a massive HUD to test out his equipment.

”Targeting system, nominal. Weapon systems, checked. Armor readout, affirmative. Internal support systems, active. Ready to engage.” 

Among things displayed in Kronos’ HUD include a weapon wheel down below, an ammo count on the bottom right, his health, armor and shields displayed on the left, a compass up top with waypoint and hostile tracking, a mini-map in the top left displaying his surroundings as well as hostiles in his vicinity and four ability icons at the bottom. With all of his gear ready to go, he begins to wander around in search of, well, anything. As he walked around, he was like a lumbering giant, his footsteps thundering his way down paths, trees, lakes, anything that stood in Kronos’ way generally got stomped on or gave him a very wide berth. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

"Funya!? Where did the world go?! Did I get isekai'd!?"

Pastel found herself mystified, alone in the digital void... Upon the game presenting her with choice, and recommendations, she saw classes she was unfamiliar with. Was this like an RPG? Cool, she thought!

Pastel thought back to all the times she played RPGs in the past and while appreciating most, she always liked the swift movements of daggers and thievery. Like Robin Hoof. She fancied herself a graceful, stylish...

ROGUE.

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

Slight delusions of grandeur aside, Silver was happy to see that Pastel’s mood had improved. However, their celebration would be short-lived. The Kirin turned his attention back to the game, and upon lighting up his horn pattern to interact with the wheel, he was instantly surrounded by white light, which soon faded to black. A grid pattern covered the floor and ceiling as far as he could see in any direction. The game, the chair, and Pastel were nowhere to be found. Replaced by, well, whatever this was. Some form of virtual reality. Silver blinked a few times in shock before adjusting to his new surroundings.

It would seem that he was being required to pick a character. Silver surveyed his options briefly. Dragon Master? Does that mean he would be a dragon himself, or have a dragon he could control? Either way, both sounded fun, and he was half dragon, anyway. But, he figured he should check the others just in case. Pyro Shaman? That sounded a lot like what he was already. Surely in this game, or whatever it was, he could something a little more different. Lupin? He wasn’t sure what that was about. Possibly related to wolves.

Silver deliberated for a moment before stepping forward and choosing ‘Dragon Master’. As he waited to be transported to…wherever it was that he was going…he couldn’t help but wonder if he would meet any of his friends here. It stood to reason that he would, but would he recognize them, and would they recognize him? They could end up being enemies for all he knew.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Astral saw Pencil and Thundy join them on the stage, and while the blue unicorn was ready for any challenge the VR game could give, he was gravely unprepared for what happened next. Once the game was activated, a bright light consumed the arcade, and soon all of Friendshire. Astral was unconscious, his mind adrift in the seemingly endless void.. but then, he heard a voice, and his eyes lazily drifted open.

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER

A list of various classes was presented to Astral, with recommended options near the top. The unicorn was bewildered at this sudden series of events, but not only that, he feared for his friends who were not at his side.

"For the sake of the others, and the safety of my comrades, i will do whatever it takes. I select GRAND WIZARD! I just hope I don't have a beard..:" Astral muttered the last bit under his breath, hoping the AI would show him some mercy.

After making his decision, the digital space seemed to respond by glowing even brighter, blinding Astral as he was transported to an unknown location.

"Don't worry friends, I'm on my way."

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil was surprised but mostly flattered by Thundy’s offer to hang out. She was also glad that she had her hooves back since her and Thundy were being called to the stage. As she hopped onstage, she said to Thundy,

“Yeah, I’d love to hang out soon! And I definitely wanna do talent exchange! Just let me know when you wanna come over once we’re done with this tournament,”

@Samurai Equine

Right as Pencil’s hooves tapped the hard stage material, a blinding white light blasted towards her. Pencil didn’t even have time to scream before the white void engulfed her. For a brief moment, Pencil couldn’t feel anything, not even the sting of the light.

A mere moment later, Pencil awoke to a grid-outlined void. Pencil was entranced for a moment, almost forgetting what happened earlier. She was jolted from her thoughts as soon as she regained feeling. Oddly, her senses weren’t as strong as they normally were. It was almost as if she wasn’t completely alive. The realization sent Pencil into a near panic. It wasn’t until the words “SELECT YOUR CHARACTER” popped up in front of her that she was able to calm down.

“Ooh, that makes sense. I guess I’m in a game. A-at least I hope so...” she thought aloud.

Underneath the large text was a selection of characters that conveniently matched Pencil’s interest. She was immediately drawn to “ART CASTER” and selected it without hesitation.

“I have no idea what that is, but it sounds a lot less confusing than the other two. Wonder what happens n—” she mentioned before suddenly disappearing from the void.

Pencil’s senses were taken again as she was swept into another ray of white light. It is a good think she is unable to think in this situation, otherwise she would start freaking out after being teleported against her will twice.

“Come on, Shadow, I don't us to be late for the tournament!”

It took long before they cleaned up the mess Keen had made. Shadow mentally noted to herself Keen is actually bad at taking care of stuff, let alone a house.

They were now just outside the arcade when a blinding light bursts out of the arcade. It had happened all a sudden, Shadow only manages to stop before the light reaches her for only three seconds, blinding her and Keen, who was ahead of her.

Shadow was out cold on the ground, her eyes closed. She swore she the light almost destroyed her vision, she didn't want to become a blind pegasus.

She grows suspicious of her surroundings as she lay on her stomach. She couldn't hear any voices of ponies, she and Keen are just outside the arcade which means there are a lot of ponies around them.

Speaking of Keen.

Shadow snapped her eyes open and quickly stood up, she looks around her. Instead of seeing the beautiful sight of houses and the blue sky, she found herself in a black void. Was she captured by an unseen enemy? She glanced around frantically, hoping to find any clues to-

SELECT YOUR CHARACTER!

She glanced behind her to see the character selection window and the number of roles, including the one role which is highly suggested to her; AERONAUT.

She had no idea that she was inside a game, so she let her curiosity do the job and clicked on the role.

Unline Shadow, Keen Fan seems to take her situation lightly, she even had a Cheshire smile on her face. She giggled to herself as she clicked on the very role she liked the most in every other game she had played in the past: the ADVENTURER.

“This is going to be a fantastic experience, I wonder how everypony reacted to this miracle” she musted, mostly referring to Shadow.

Waiting for Party

Shadow sneezed.

She was now wearing some kind of clothing complete with flight goggles resting on top of her head. She was now in a different place.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Once Pencil and Thundy had made their way onstage, Dynamo smiled as it looked like they were about to begin. However, everything suddenly changed as the gaming unicorn placed his hoof upon the helmet. The game started to glow as a light was starting to build up. Out of nowhere, a blinding white light blasted from the game's monitors and headsets, before expanding at an alarming rate. Dynamo had to quickly shield his eyes as the light was too much for him to see. "AH! GUYS!" He called out, but in the span of a few seconds, Dynamo, along with his friends and the entire town was engulfed from light that soon faded to darkness.

The blue unicorn slowly opened his eyes to find himself in nothing, but a dark void. He looked around to gather his bearings, but all he could see was an endless abyss. He gasped as he tried to move around, but it looked as if he was floating around. He soon ceased his flailing as the fear of being alone crept into his heart. "P-Pastel!? Astral!? Pencil!? Silver...?" His shouts grew quite with each name as it seemed like everyone was gone. What had happened? Where did he and the others go? How did he end up in this void? All of these questions and more were flooding his thoughts as he mind raced with possible answers. However, just like how he was in this void, he was at a loss of where to go.

SELECT YOUR CHARACTER!

Dynamo soon turned around to see the "SELECT YOUR CHARACTER" had appeared before him. He even took notice of the floor and ceiling beginning to form in a grid like pattern. Feeling his hooves touch the grid floor, he sighed in relief in not having to feel like he was either floating or falling. Without getting a moment to process what was happening, the gaming unicorn was presented with different classes to choose from. From the recommended section, he was presented with a Bard, the Electromancer, or the Raider class. He had heard of some of these classes from mention of Ogres and Oubliettes, but he had never played the game fully to understand each class. Some classes sounded interesting, but he didn't think they had fit. Scrolling through the options, Dynamo's front right hoof stopped on a class that had caught his eye.

FORCE GAMBLER

Now Dynamo wasn't much of a gambler pony, but for some reason the class felt like it was calling to him. Whether that was a good thing or not, Dynamo would never know. However, he knew he had to find his friends. "At least it's better than just staying here and waiting for some sort of inevitable." He would say, before selecting Force Gambler as his class option. The screen soon disappeared, before the void soon began to fill with another bright light. Dynamo made sure to shield his eyes, before being teleported once again to an unknown location.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@C. Thunder Dash, @Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare, @Windy Breeze 🥧, @Dynamo Pad

Thundy chooses BATTALIONEER: Master of Tanks, Battleships, and smaller attack vehicles and machines. Required dice roll. High numbers mean heavy-assault strikes, low numbers mean small attacks. Choosing this character suddenly makes Thundy look like a fantasy military commander with officer hat and cape.

Chelsea chooses WATER MAGE: Command over various water attacks. Can also offer minor healing for other party members. Choosing this character makes Chelsea look like a fantasy mage, but her limbs and the lower half of her body are now water.

Pastel chooses ROGUE: Skilled in mele weapons and physical fighting skills. Can occasionally steal items and attributes from enemy characters. Choosing this character makes her look like a cloaked thief, similar to robin hood.

Silver chooses DRAGON MASTER: Armored dragon tamer with young dragon familiar. Requires dice roll to determine how effective dragon familiar is in battle. Choosing this character dawns Silver in red armor made from dragon scales and bones, gives him a sword and whip, and a long slender dragon on his shoulder. It doesn't talk, but it should obey commands.

Astral chooses GRAND WIZARD: Experienced wizard that can wield various magical spells and traps. Can double the attack effectiveness of only one party member each turn. Choosing this character suddenly makes him clad in a blue wizard's robe with stars and wide shoulder guards, as well as a magic wand.

Pencil chooses ART CASTER: Enchanted artist that can bring any creature she draws to life. Requires dice roll to determine how effective each creature's attack will be. Choosing this character suddenly dresses Pencil up with the clothes of a master artist, complete with large canvas and a paint brush as big as a sword or baseball bat.

Shadow chooses AERONAUT: Mechanical aviation master. Commands various flight-related vehicles and weapons. Choosing this character dresses Shadow up in goggles, leather aviator jacket, and a jet pack with propellers.

Dynamo chooses FORCE GAMBLER: Multiple elemental powers, random chance of success. 1 element per turn. Requires dice roll to determine how effective each attack is. Choosing this character dresses Dyanmo up in a derby hat, high-tech monocle, and a gentleman's suit with neon colored accessories.

Together, they all appear in the same place Trilby is waiting. "Oh, hey everybody! Guess you got sucked into this digital nightmare too, huh?" Trilby asks. However, the words floating above them remain in place. WAITING FOR PARTY...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Kronos the Revenant, @Windy Breeze 🥧

Kronos chooses CYBORG JUGGERNAUT. (You created it, so I won't reiterate it here). Choosing this makes him look like a towering, high-tech behemoth.

Keen chooses ADVENTURER: Mele and short-ranged specialist. Can summon enemy mobs from different parts of the world to defend her. Choosing this dresses Keen up in a color changing traveler's poncho with fringe, a high-tech collar, and a wide brim traveler's hat with sharp edges.

The two of them also appear in a throne room, but a much different one. It has dark colors, jagged spikes and sharp pieces of scrap metal and rock along the walls, with lights and other high-tech details stealthily embedded into the decor.

As the wait, soon two more join their party. A pegasus mare dressed like some kind of rebellious biker gang leader, and a stallion that is dressed like a black knight. "What is going on?! Elusive Facts here, and... My camera crew is missing, I have no idea where I am, and for some reason I am dressed like this. All I saw was an option that said STREET BRAWLER, and it looked like how I use to dress in my rebellious youth..." Elusive Facts says. "Oh yeah?! Well, I picked Black Knight because it sounded cool. But look at me! This armor completely covers my face, and how am I suppose to move around in this get up?" The stallion asks. "Wait, I know you... From the cart race! You're that furniture salesman, Daring Decor. Correct?" Elusive Facts asks. "That's me. I'm not sure why we're here. I thought this character would be cool, but it's kind of uncomfortable."

Above them all floats the words: WAITING FOR PARTY...

(Everyone, feel free to reply to this message. I am just giving some of our other RP members a chance to get in on this.)

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection @Windy Breeze 🥧 @Astral Vision

Selecting her character, Pastel felt and saw her form change, like a transformation in a magical girl anime. Looking at herself head to hoof... Oh yeah, this was gonna be FUN.

Pastel appeared in the spawn location, cloak hiding her face until swinging her mane to rhe side dramatically, standing up hammishly. She was way too into this. She looked like some game protagonist. Her green cloak, scarf, twin daggers in their hoists, skirt under the cloak with a lightly armored leather vest and saddle... She was like Link almost, with a anti-hero vibe.

"Oh yeah! Pastel Heart, Princess of Thieves is here! All the worlds riches will-- Geh, the Toilet Paper Salesman is here too!"

Pastel was in the midst of another chuuninyo outburst until she pointed at Trilby and made a familiar comment. She doesn't forget. Less than half of the room will understand what that's all about.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Kronos finds himself spawning inside of some sort of throne room. With him are a few other ponies, some of which he recognized. In particular, he was not a huge fan of being stuck in the same room as Daring Decor. As a show of dissatisfaction, he displayed this hologram in front of his visor: :unamused:, which was followed by a low growl and twin plasma blasters primed at him. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

@C. Thunder Dash, @Pastel Heart, @GeneralDirection, @Astral Vision, @ExplosionMare, @Windy Breeze 🥧, @Dynamo Pad

Thundy chooses BATTALIONEER: Master of Tanks, Battleships, and smaller attack vehicles and machines. Required dice roll. High numbers mean heavy-assault strikes, low numbers mean small attacks. Choosing this character suddenly makes Thundy look like a fantasy military commander with officer hat and cape.

Chelsea chooses WATER MAGE: Command over various water attacks. Can also offer minor healing for other party members. Choosing this character makes Chelsea look like a fantasy mage, but her limbs and the lower half of her body are now water.

Pastel chooses ROGUE: Skilled in mele weapons and physical fighting skills. Can occasionally steal items and attributes from enemy characters. Choosing this character makes her look like a cloaked thief, similar to robin hood.

Silver chooses DRAGON MASTER: Armored dragon tamer with young dragon familiar. Requires dice roll to determine how effective dragon familiar is in battle. Choosing this character dawns Silver in red armor made from dragon scales and bones, gives him a sword and whip, and a long slender dragon on his shoulder. It doesn't talk, but it should obey commands.

Astral chooses GRAND WIZARD: Experienced wizard that can wield various magical spells and traps. Can double the attack effectiveness of only one party member each turn. Choosing this character suddenly makes him clad in a blue wizard's robe with stars and wide shoulder guards, as well as a magic wand.

Pencil chooses ART CASTER: Enchanted artist that can bring any creature she draws to life. Requires dice roll to determine how effective each creature's attack will be. Choosing this character suddenly dresses Pencil up with the clothes of a master artist, complete with large canvas and a paint brush as big as a sword or baseball bat.

Shadow chooses AERONAUT: Mechanical aviation master. Commands various flight-related vehicles and weapons. Choosing this character dresses Shadow up in goggles, leather aviator jacket, and a jet pack with propellers.

Dynamo chooses FORCE GAMBLER: Multiple elemental powers, random chance of success. 1 element per turn. Requires dice roll to determine how effective each attack is. Choosing this character dresses Dyanmo up in a derby hat, high-tech monocle, and a gentleman's suit with neon colored accessories.

Together, they all appear in the same place Trilby is waiting. "Oh, hey everybody! Guess you got sucked into this digital nightmare too, huh?" Trilby asks. However, the words floating above them remain in place. WAITING FOR PARTY...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kronos chooses CYBORG JUGGERNAUT. (You created it, so I won't reiterate it here). Choosing this makes him look like a towering, high-tech behemoth.

Keen chooses ADVENTURER: Mele and short-ranged specialist. Can summon enemy mobs from different parts of the world to defend her. Choosing this dresses Keen up in a color changing traveler's poncho with fringe, a high-tech collar, and a wide brim traveler's hat with sharp edges.

The two of them also appear in a throne room, but a much different one. It has dark colors, jagged spikes and sharp pieces of scrap metal and rock along the walls, with lights and other high-tech details stealthily embedded into the decor.

As the wait, soon two more join their party. A pegasus mare dressed like some kind of rebellious biker gang leader, and a stallion that is dressed like a black knight. "What is going on?! Elusive Facts here, and... My camera crew is missing, I have no idea where I am, and for some reason I am dressed like this. All I saw was an option that said STREET BRAWLER, and it looked like how I use to dress in my rebellious youth..." Elusive Facts says. "Oh yeah?! Well, I picked Black Knight because it sounded cool. But look at me! This armor completely covers my face, and how am I suppose to move around in this get up?" The stallion asks. "Wait, I know you... From the cart race! You're that furniture salesman, Daring Decor. Correct?" Elusive Facts asks. "That's me. I'm not sure why we're here. I thought this character would be cool, but it's kind of uncomfortable."

Above them all floats the words: WAITING FOR PARTY...

(Everyone, feel free to reply to this message. I am just giving some of our other RP members a chance to get in on this.)

@Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad  @Samurai Equine

Shadow glanced at the source of the voice and her eyes widened in shock. Trilby is here? What is he doing here? Out of pure instincts, she flew straight at him, accidentally tackling him to the floor as she began to speak to him.

“Trilby, I'm glad your safe and unhurt!” she said directly to the stallion's face. She didn't realize how embarrassing the situation is; she stood on top of harderdasher, her legs positioned beside his hindlegs spread wide, her mouth inches away from his mouth as she look down at him while he lay on the floor. Anypony with a weird case of 'nosebleed' will find themselves bleeding from their noses.

@Kronos the Revenant

Meanwhile, Keen pranced happily with great enthusiasm as she glanced around the the throne room, immediately spotting Kronos, Elusive Facts, and Daring Decor, but she didn't made them, all what's inside her mind is one thing: she's inside a digital world.

“This is like a dream come true!” she said to nopony in particular, just voicing thoughts loudly “I get to experience as a real adventurer!”

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

”Well then, nothing like a good tabletop game. Though dependent on luck due to dice rolling, let’s see what I can do.” Thundy said. 

“Just like my own abilities...” Chelsea said noticing a stallion who she had not seen before 

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy turned and saw a familiar face. “Yo Dynamo!” He called out. 

• Brohoof 1

@Pastel Heart @Samurai Equine

In the blink of an eye, Silver was transported to a new area, this one placing him with most of his friends, this time. As he looked around, he noticed that everpony there had a different class that reflected either their personality or skill set. As for himself, his dragon master class granted him a set of snazzy red armour made from dragon scales and bones. He briefly considered the fact that he was wearing his own skin as armour, before shrugging it off and continuing to inspect the rest of his ensemble. He noticed the sword and whip at his side, both perfect companions for any adventurer. But the most interesting bit by far was the long, slender dragon perched upon his shoulder. It didn’t seem to be able to talk, but hopefully it would obey commands without much issue.

Silver briefly turned his attention to Pastel who was going on about Trilby being the ‘toilet paper salespony’ again. What the correlation between hats and toilet paper were in her mind, he’d probably never know.

At any rate, the Kirin waited for everypony else to show up, then hopefully he could figure out what this game was all about. His past experiences told him that he would probably be better off working alone, if possible. He would need to wait for some sort of mission description or goal which they would need to achieve to determine whether that was possible or not.  

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

As his vision began to clear, Astral found himself in a Friendshire completely different from what he'd known; the setting seemed to be medieval, yet there were Sci-fi elements that graced the skies, it was certainly different. Following his analysis, Astral saw that instead of his usual grey jacket, he now wore a royal blue wizard cloak, adorned with golden stars and broad shoulder guards, and he even had his own wand. Astral was content with what the game had provided, and felt calmer seeing the rest of his friends unharmed, but was also surprised to see Trilby in what appeared to be some sort of medical wear.

"Trilby, so you got roped into this too huh? Well, I'm glad to see that you're unharmed, and that all of you are safe." Astral said with a warm smile.

@Pastel Heart

Astral looked down at the Pink filly who had taken the appearance of.. some sort of ninja, likely a Rogue class. Astral couldn't help but chuckle, seeing the little pony filled with so much energy with the appearance of those who were mainly silent, it was highly contradicting yet oddly fitting at the same time.

"Well hark thee young squire, let us hope that thou does not wish to rob anyone in our party, such an act would be unwise."

...First puns, then ye' old fancy talk. The longer Astral spoke within the group, the more his 'mysterious' facade began to fade.

"Well friends, the question still remains in what we are to do next? Surely, once our party is fully formed, we shall have some form of quest?"

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection @Windy Breeze 🥧

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection @Astral Vision

When Pencil awoke from what she hoped would be her final teleportation, she was clothed in a painter’s smock spotted with various paint splotches. She also carried a ginormous paint brush that was amazing almost as big as she was. What was more amazing was that she was able to hold it without toppling over.

Pencil looked around and saw that most of the others had joined the “battle field” she was currently in. She knew Dynamo, Astral, and Thundy already volunteered to play the game, but she wasn’t sure how everyone else got here. Curiously, she walked over to all of her friends to see what they were all doing.

“Hey, guys! I absolutely have no idea what just happened, do you? I know we—or at least most of us—were supposed to be in some VR game, but I didn’t think we were gonna get sucked in the game!” she rambled to nopony in particular. 

While she waited for everyone to get caught up, Pencil thought now would be the best time to test out her new paintbrush. She painted the first thing that came to mind on the ground, not really caring if she would get in trouble for vandalism or something later. Much to her surprise, there was no need to paint as the creature she thought of came to life in an instant, creating a soft glow around itself. Pencil looked up in awe at her creation as it quickly sprang to life.

She had created a deer, similar to the one she had drawn with her markers earlier. The deer was staring pensively at her, as if it was waiting for her command. Pencil was puzzled at first, until she noticed a small set of dice hovering to the side. She anxiously tapped the dice, afraid they would jump out at her if she did anything too hastily. Thankfully, the dice only beckoned her to roll them with a welcoming spin.

“Well, might as well see what these can do,” Pencil told herself.

She grasped the dice in her hooves and gave them a firm shake. She let them go, throwing them a bit more forcefully than intended. The dice lost their antigravity abilities as soon as Pencil threw them and landed on the hard floor with a loud clack. The dice landed on a one and a five, not a particularly high number.

She looked up at the deer once again and was able to see a list of his stats. They weren’t terrible, but they weren’t considerably strong, either. It was strong enough to get past minor enemies but couldn’t survive a second in brutal combat. She was disappointed in this, but it wasn’t like she had much choice in the matter. At least, for the time being, she could use the deer for a couple of minor useful things.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea approached Pencil when she recognized her. "Oh hey there Pencil. I do think we could be working together...but I'm not sure who we're facing yet..." Chelsea said looking at Pencil. 

Meanwhile Thundy was still waiting for Dynamo to answer him. 

@Dynamo Pad

14 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

As soon as the bright light faded from his vision, Dynamo's eyes slowly opened to a room he was not familiar with. Looking around to take in his surroundings, he noticed that he was in a sort of throne room. The room itself looked to have been a cross between medieval and sci-fi, but that was besides the point. Taking his his appearance, Dynamo discovered that he was wearing an outfit he wasn't familiar with. "Huh? H-How did I get this outfit?" He wondered aloud. He was wearing a derby hat, a gentleman's suit and he was fitted with a monocle on his left eye. He even took note of the neon colored accessories that were attached to the suit. Look ahead, he smiled as he saw that the others were in the same room as he was.

@Pastel Heart @ExplosionMare @Astral Vision @Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection @C. Thunder Dash

16 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @GeneralDirection @Windy Breeze 🥧 @Astral Vision

Selecting her character, Pastel felt and saw her form change, like a transformation in a magical girl anime. Looking at herself head to hoof... Oh yeah, this was gonna be FUN.

Pastel appeared in the spawn location, cloak hiding her face until swinging her mane to rhe side dramatically, standing up hammishly. She was way too into this. She looked like some game protagonist. Her green cloak, scarf, twin daggers in their hoists, skirt under the cloak with a lightly armored leather vest and saddle... She was like Link almost, with a anti-hero vibe.

"Oh yeah! Pastel Heart, Princess of Thieves is here! All the worlds riches will-- Geh, the Toilet Paper Salesman is here too!"

Pastel was in the midst of another chuuninyo outburst until she pointed at Trilby and made a familiar comment. She doesn't forget. Less than half of the room will understand what that's all about.

Dynamo could hear Pastel's outburst, while taking in her appearance. She was in a green cloak, scarf, light armored vest, saddle. All the while, wielding two daggers in their holsters. The blue unicorn had to admit that Pastel had looked pretty cute in her design. It seemed that she was getting into her character role, or wherever they were transported. "It's good to see you Pastel-chan. The same for Silver and the others. I'm honestly not sure what happened, but it seemed like you and the others got involved too." He would say, blinking in confusion as she pointed at Trilby.

15 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Samurai Equine

”Well then, nothing like a good tabletop game. Though dependent on luck due to dice rolling, let’s see what I can do.” Thundy said. 

“Just like my own abilities...” Chelsea said noticing a stallion who she had not seen before 

@Dynamo Pad

Thundy turned and saw a familiar face. “Yo Dynamo!” He called out. 

Dynamo turned towards Thundy, who had called out to him. The gaming unicorn waved, while taking his and Chelsea's appearances. "Hey, Thundy. Do you know what just happened? I thought it was only going to be you, Astral, Pencil and myself, but I guess that's not the case. I don't recall ever putting the helmet on for that VR game." He stated, while wondering if anyone could make heads or tails on what just occurred.

4 hours ago, Astral Vision said:

@Samurai Equine

As his vision began to clear, Astral found himself in a Friendshire completely different from what he'd known; the setting seemed to be medieval, yet there were Sci-fi elements that graced the skies, it was certainly different. Following his analysis, Astral saw that instead of his usual grey jacket, he now wore a royal blue wizard cloak, adorned with golden stars and broad shoulder guards, and he even had his own wand. Astral was content with what the game had provided, and felt calmer seeing the rest of his friends unharmed, but was also surprised to see Trilby in what appeared to be some sort of medical wear.

"Trilby, so you got roped into this too huh? Well, I'm glad to see that you're unharmed, and that all of you are safe." Astral said with a warm smile.

@Pastel Heart

Astral looked down at the Pink filly who had taken the appearance of.. some sort of ninja, likely a Rogue class. Astral couldn't help but chuckle, seeing the little pony filled with so much energy with the appearance of those who were mainly silent, it was highly contradicting yet oddly fitting at the same time.

"Well hark thee young squire, let us hope that thou does not wish to rob anyone in our party, such an act would be unwise."

...First puns, then ye' old fancy talk. The longer Astral spoke within the group, the more his 'mysterious' facade began to fade.

"Well friends, the question still remains in what we are to do next? Surely, once our party is fully formed, we shall have some form of quest?"

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @C. Thunder Dash @GeneralDirection @Windy Breeze 🥧

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Samurai Equine @Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash @Pastel Heart @GeneralDirection @Astral Vision

When Pencil awoke from what she hoped would be her final teleportation, she was clothed in a painter’s smock spotted with various paint splotches. She also carried a ginormous paint brush that was amazing almost as big as she was. What was more amazing was that she was able to hold it without toppling over.

Pencil looked around and saw that most of the others had joined the “battle field” she was currently in. She knew Dynamo, Astral, and Thundy already volunteered to play the game, but she wasn’t sure how everyone else got here. Curiously, she walked over to all of her friends to see what they were all doing.

“Hey, guys! I absolutely have no idea what just happened, do you? I know we—or at least most of us—were supposed to be in some VR game, but I didn’t think we were gonna get sucked in the game!” she rambled to nopony in particular. 

While she waited for everyone to get caught up, Pencil thought now would be the best time to test out her new paintbrush. She painted the first thing that came to mind on the ground, not really caring if she would get in trouble for vandalism or something later. Much to her surprise, there was no need to paint as the creature she thought of came to life in an instant, creating a soft glow around itself. Pencil looked up in awe at her creation as it quickly sprang to life.

She had created a deer, similar to the one she had drawn with her markers earlier. The deer was staring pensively at her, as if it was waiting for her command. Pencil was puzzled at first, until she noticed a small set of dice hovering to the side. She anxiously tapped the dice, afraid they would jump out at her if she did anything too hastily. Thankfully, the dice only beckoned her to roll them with a welcoming spin.

“Well, might as well see what these can do,” Pencil told herself.

She grasped the dice in her hooves and gave them a firm shake. She let them go, throwing them a bit more forcefully than intended. The dice lost their antigravity abilities as soon as Pencil threw them and landed on the hard floor with a loud clack. The dice landed on a one and a five, not a particularly high number.

She looked up at the deer once again and was able to see a list of his stats. They weren’t terrible, but they weren’t considerably strong, either. It was strong enough to get past minor enemies but couldn’t survive a second in brutal combat. She was disappointed in this, but it wasn’t like she had much choice in the matter. At least, for the time being, she could use the deer for a couple of minor useful things.

Dynamo looked over to Astral, who looked to be some sort of wizard. Given the hat and robes that were cloaked around him. He chuckled at the pun he had made on Pastel's class, before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not sure, but I was hoping you would have the answer to that. What even happened? I think we were touching the helmets and there was a bright light. I don't remember much, but I remember waking up to some sort of void. After that? I was just selecting a class from this sort of room/grid." Looking over at Pencil, he took notice that she was wearing a smock with different paint splotches. Not only that, but she wielded a gigantic paint brush. Dynamo blinked as he pointed a hoof at Pencil with a tilt of his head. "Hey, Pencil? Have you or anyone know or played Kirby? The outfit and paint brush you have remind me of a character from the series. I think her name is Adeleine. She too carries a giant paint brush and help create creatures and such for aiding Kirby." He explained, furthering his point as the creature she created had come to life. Taking note of the dice near the purple unicorn, Dynamo looked to see a pair of dice was next to him, as well. Even to everyone else in the room, the dice were present among them. "I wonder what we are able to do with these dice? I guess they help us in battle, or something?" He asks, wondering what the neon attachments to his suit were all about.

• Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"So apparently, this game seems to have taken over our reality. When you touched the VR headset, there was this massive beam of light that spread everywhere. What this seems to me, is that this game is enchanted with some sort of magic. Normally, you'd just put on a headset and off you go, but this has affected everyone...even Chelsea, who really didn't wanna play." Thundy said. 

Chelsea walked over to Dynamo. "Now the only thing I'm hoping is that we all are together on a team." Chelsea said. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"So apparently, this game seems to have taken over our reality. When you touched the VR headset, there was this massive beam of light that spread everywhere. What this seems to me, is that this game is enchanted with some sort of magic. Normally, you'd just put on a headset and off you go, but this has affected everyone...even Chelsea, who really didn't wanna play." Thundy said. 

Chelsea walked over to Dynamo. "Now the only thing I'm hoping is that we all are together on a team." Chelsea said. 

@C. Thunder Dash

"So, it seems like it's some anime I've heard. Where some player's get trapped in the game and have to complete the game in order to escape." He responded, wondering if what he said and where they were was linked in some way. He frowned slightly at the mention of when he had touched the VR helmet. The way Thundy had spoken, it felt like it was Dynamo's fault for getting them into this mess. Whether it was the case or not, he didn't have to mention it. He didn't know something like that would happen to him and the others. Trying to hide his expression, he looked to Chelsea with a nod. "I hope we're all on the same team together. We'll need to work together if we are going to get out of here. I'm just wondering where we are, how we got here, or what happens now." He would say, noticing the words WAITING FOR PARTY was still floating above everyone.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Trilby didn't mind Shadow tackling him to the ground. In fact, he welcomes it, and hugs her. They are dating, after all. "Hi, Shadow. I'm glad you're safe too." He gets up and dusts himself off. Mostly out of habit. No dust in video games. Still, he kisses Shadow's cheek. "Thanks for caring about me."

Though he did find Pastel's comment rude. "For the last time, I'm NOT a toilet paper salesman! I'm a haberdasher, and I'll have you know that I PRIDE myself on the quality of my work. When you've had a hat made by Trilby, you'll know it's the best thing you've ever put on your head." Trilby says with pride.

But any offense he felt washed away when he sees Astral. "Hey there, Astral! My good friend. So I guess it's true then, huh? We really are in game... At first, I thought I had died and gone to Tartarus, but seeing you all here and in crazy get-ups like mine must mean we are definitely in some kind of virtual video game world." Trilby goes over to shake Astral's hoof and welcomes him. "I think I'm going to need your help. Well, everyone's help, really! I'm not much of a fighter. If anything, I'm a coward... I tried to pick a different character that would let me stay on the sidelines, but I tripped on that slippery digital floor, and I picked this by mistake. Now it's a REQUIREMENT for me to be part of this party! So I'm really counting on you, Shadow, and the rest of Samurai's friends! Whose names are... uh..." Trilby look at them all and tries to remember. "I think it was.... Dynamo? Pencil, I think? And Pastry? And uhh... Was it Theodore and Cheddar? And... Who are you, again? We met once before, right?" Trilby was sweating bullets trying to remember all of their names. He clearly messed up Pastel, Thundy, and Chelsea's names. And since he only met Silver once, he completely forgot it. "...please don't hate me..." Trilby quietly begs, knowing he probably messed up just trying to get their names right.

However, after they all exchange some words, something happens.
The words "WAITING FOR PARTY..." disappear.
Lights come on, including a spotlight over the throne that stands above our champions.
The throne turns around to reveal a pony in royal attire. It is a mix of golden armor, fancy red tights, some high tech details, and a golden crown on his head.
But Astral and Trilby all ready know who this is. It's Mayor White!

"Oh my... I'm not sure why I was brought into this game, but it seems the game has called me to be your mentor and guiding ruler. Further more, being here has somehow made all of my medical issues go away... Guess I might as well introduce myself. Greetings everyone! In this game, I am the JUSTICE KING, and you are currently in my castle. You are the party of champions. Your mission is to defeat the champions of the DARK KING, and to obtain the TRUE TREASURE. I'm not sure what this treasure is, but it sounds important. Your party is rather large, so I must tell you that it's not necessary for everyone to stay in one group. You can split up into two groups. One will fight the major battles, while the other can go on side quests. The only time you would ever need to come back here to this throne room is if the castle itself is under attack. Any questions so far?" The Justice King, Mayor White, asks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daring Decor gives a high pitched scream and waves his armored hooves, trying to stop Kronos. "Hey! What's the big deal?! I haven't done anything to deserve this! ...Today. Is this about my rival furniture store, or the kart race? I haven't done anything since then!" Daring Decor ties to defend himself. "Can we even fight each other? It seems like we're on the same team..." Elusive Facts asks.

About that time, one more pony joins their party. She has on a dark outfit, with a horned head piece similar to Maleficent, and many long black tentacles growing out of her backside. She uses them to walk towards the party. "My, my... So this is the party I'm suppose to be part of? Quite the noisy group." It's Tempest Shadow, now in her Shadow Wraith outfit selected by the game. "I would appreciate it if we didn't try to kill each other right off the bat." She uses one of her tentacles rub Kronos' chin. "Hello, handsome. Seems we meet again." She gives him a wink. She also goes over to Keen. "You seem like the odd one out amongst this group. I bet you're very fun to hang around." Tempest compliments her too.

However, after they all exchange pleasantries, something happens.
The words "WAITING FOR PARTY..." disappear.
Lights come on, including a spotlight over the throne that stands above these champions.
The throne turns around to reveal a pony in royal attire. It is a mix of silver armor, fancy navy tights, some black parasitic details, and a silver crown on his head.
But Kronos all ready knows who this is. It's Mayor Black!

"I don't get what all this is, but I like it! Seems like this game has chosen me to be your mentor and guiding ruler. Further more, being here has somehow put me in the best physical state I've ever been in! Guess I should introduce myself... Greetings, players! In this game, I am the DARK KING, and you are currently in my castle. You are my personal party of champions. Your mission is to defeat the champions of the JUSTICE KING, and help me protect my treasure." The Dark King, Mayor Black, points to a rather large treasure chest right next to him. "This game has different levels, so I guess I'll be assigning each of you to be different bosses for different levels. Just try not to get defeated. If we can defeat at least half of the JUSTICE KING's champions, then all of you will be given the chance to attack his castle. If you can defeat the JUSTICE KING, then it's Game Over, bad ending! Any questions so far?" It seems Mayor Black is absolutely loving this set up.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

@Dynamo Pad

“I do have a feeling we have to work together to win...and it’s not gonna be easy. By the looks of this game, it’s a tabletop hybrid. Sadly, it’s luck-based, which means it will depend on the dice roll. We must defeat enemies and we hope they won’t affect our dice rolls.” Thundy said. 

@Samurai Equine

“It’s Thundy and Chelsea...way off there Trilby.” Chelsea said seeing Trilby. 

• Brohoof 1

@Astral Vision

"Ahoy, magic user~! Have no worries, I don't covet your staves and old books... Unless they're worth something~ mwehehe~"

Well, she was in character aleeady. Or maybe she always was. Dun dun dun... 

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel struck a pose, blatantly showing off to him as she swayed her cap.

"Nya ha ha~ whacha think, Dyny? Looking for a dashing rogue to sweep you off your feet? I'll steal your heart, and your bits!"

@Samurai Equine

"No way! My cap is way better than any of your... Toilet paper hats!"

Seeing him cower upon not remembering their names was weird. Maybe she shouldn't pick on him so much, she thought 

@C. Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Windy Breeze 🥧 @GeneralDirection

Being out of the loop, she'd never seen this mayor before and didn't understand what was wrong with him exactly, but him introducing himself as the JUSTICE KING made everything click in her chuuni mind. She listened intently, and hung on the "treasure" part.

"Ooohh, treasure, huh~? I'd definitely like to take and redistribute that! Politics are not my forte, but a treasure hunt is! Show me the way! Maybe it's best if I hang in the back party though. I can't take that many hits."

She smiled awkwardly. Atleast she was genre savvy.

Bluebell looked around trying to figure out where she was,   and  then she saw in front of her the words, SELECT A CHARACTER in front of her, along with pictures of various characters.  "Oh-oh m-m-my." She randomly reached out and touched one of the pictures and was instantly transformed.  She had a dark brown cloak on  with  what appeared to be a large open-ended wrench tucked away inside.   Above flashed the words, " WAITING FOR PARTY "

• Brohoof 1