Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

Forests ears perk up when he hears some hooves trotting out, he waits though, he peeks to see who it is and finds out that its just Trilby.

Not yet, she must come out.

And so he waits for his prey.

(edited)

@Samurai Equine @Bastian

Shadow suddenly felt if she went out, there will be a problem. Before Trilby can say anything, she moved away from the clothing rack and yelled “Trilby, come here, i need to tell you something”

Unknown to her, the dark magic inside her was growing slowly, her eyes had turned pure black but quickly went back to normal. Those who are either skilled unicorns or those who are aware of her secret will feel the aura and get the feeling as if Nightmare Moon is just around the corner. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

Somehow, Forest got lucky. Trilby didn't see him. But he stops just before he can completely leave the shop.

"Hmm? What's wrong, my dear?" He hurries to her side. True, a skilled unicorn MIGHT be able to since the aura. However, Trilby is not. He is just a hat and clothing maker. He doesn't sense a thing.

(edited)

@Samurai Equine @Bastian

“Does this building have a back door? I kinda feel nervous about using the entrance?” she whispered, visibly uncomfortable, for her dark magic is manupilating her. Despite she didn't knew Forest is outside the store, the magic inside of her knows and wants to avoid him at all cost. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

At first, Trilby is confused. He might not be skilled enough to recognize dark auras in his presence, but he knows when a mare is in distress. And so, he smiles and nods, putting a hoof on her shoulder to reassure her. "Of course. We can take a scenic route. It has more twists and turns, but for a pony like me who has lived her a while, it'll be easy to navigate."

Taking his clothing racks again, Trilby moves them towards the back door, motioning for Shadow to follow him.

@Samurai Equine

“Thank you, Trilby” she said, giving a smile. She followed him outside, her distress slowly cease and the dark magic releasing her from it's grip. 

As she followed him, she began to give him questions which are very important that she hesitated “Trilby, do you know the Shadowbolts” she asked

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby thinks about it. "The Shadowbolts... Sounds familiar. Isn't that like a dark version of the Wonderbolts? I've never seen them, but how bad can they be, am I right? I bet Princess Luna probably helped make them. She has shadow guards, you know. The opposite of Princess Celestia's guards? At least, that's what I've heard. But I bet, given the right opportunity, they could show the world they aren't so bad. If they exist, that is." Trilby says.

@Samurai Equine

Shadow shivered “But if one of your friends turns out to be a Shadowbolt, how would you react? Would you... befriend them?” she asked him. She didn't want to ask him this kind of question but it was important if he would ever found out she's a Shadowbolt. or atleast a former Shadowbolt. 

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @Windy Breeze

Forest sensed an increase in the darkness of Shadow's spirit, it involved nightmare moon for sure, had the spirit of her stayed? Was there some kind of cult to her? He had yet to find out.

They never left the shop through the main entrance, the had started to get out through the back. He quickly entered the shop and started walking very slowly towards them, her dark spirit was easy to track down so it wouldn't be a problem to follow them. He just hoped she wouldn't feel him as well this time. 

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

As they wind down back roads and various alternate paths to their destination, Trilby thinks about her words. "Hmm... Well, I might not know all the details, but I think I could! Or at least, I'd try to stay friends with them. After all, Shadowbolt is just their title. It's not who they really are. Not completely, anyways. For example, I may be the town's haberdasher, but that's not everything about me. I am still a pony who likes to help others in need, I like to have teas and lattes, and I know how to sing and dance~! Just a little though." Trilby says, laughing at himself.

For a minute, it looks like they went down the wrong road. They seem to be getting further and further away from the town square. But then, Trilby stops for a second and offers his hoof to Shadow. "Do you trust me?"

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

@Bastian

Trilby looks at his hoof and smiled “Sure I do” she accepts the offer however, she suddenly feel extremely scared and uncomfortable. Glancing around, she said “I think we should be hurry, Trilby, maybe we should take the scenic route you are talking about and maybe take some pictures” 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

Forest walked faster, yet silently, he was just some steps away, if Shadow turned of started to run he would jump and catch her, he had to be wary of Trilby though, he would surely try to get her off his grip, he was prepared for everything, or so he thought at least.  

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

Forest is going to regret not acting sooner.

As soon as Trilby's hoof connects with Shadow's, he gives her a kind smile before closing his eyes. His horn begins to light up, and...
Poof.
They are gone! Teleportation, right before his very eyes.

Trilby and Shadow, and the clothes racks, reappear in the behind stage area of the concert hall. "Ooh~ What a rush." Trilby puts a hoof on his head. "I can't do that too many times."

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

If he hadn't acted sooner, Shadow Trail's magic would lash at him. The dark magic released her again as soon as they teleported. “Oh thank you so much, Trilby!” she hugged him so tightly, mainly because the magic was also 'hugging' him as well for helping it and its host get away from its enemy. She found herself standing with him behind a stage area of what it seems to be a concert hall “Oh, this is the concert hall? I love its interiors!” she said.

@Bastian

If she was happy for Trilby, her magic would be teasing Forest. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Damn! I didn't know he could teleport! They should be in the concert place.

He then realized that Trilby had just made her escape.

Is he protecting her? Then they both must be interrogated, next time they will see.

He ran towards the place they were, he would arrive later than expected as Trilby had lead him further away, that also meant that he was tired and that he wouldn't be able to teleport anymore, or risk himself of getting older like Mistmane did.

Edited by Bastian
Im headed to sleep, bye for now.
  • Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Trilby's minor head pains are soon replaced with delight when he get hugged, he even blushes a little. "Oh! Heheh... Yeah. No problem. Anytime." He hugs back while he has the chance.

"Yeah, I'm surprised they built this place so fast! Usually, the citizens are very unmotivated. But when somepony gets excited about something, they can do just about anything." Trilby moves his racks to places where the performers can access the clothes. "Hmm... I forgot some racks back at the shop. Can you stay here a while?" He leans in and whispers to Shadow. "If you need to hide for any reason, there's plenty of dressing rooms and bathrooms."

@Samurai Equine

Shadow looked at him in confusion but decided to shrug it as if it was normal “Oh, okay” she smiled and sat on her haunches “I'm going to wait for you here” her magic seem to calm down, knowing it is no longer in danger. Now, that she have full control of her body, she didn't feel anything other than happiness. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

Trilby take a chance and magically teleports again, this time arriving back at his shop. Specifically, outside his shop.
Why?
Gives him a chance to walk off any strange feelings he gets from teleporting.

Once back inside, he decides to move any remaining outfits onto the last clothing rack so that he won't have to come back.
He also puts up a "Closed" sign in the window. "Hmm... Didn't somepony order some kimonos yesterday? I have them... Oh well, I'm sure I'll run into them at the concert."

Trilby finishes loading up and concentrates for another teleportation back to the concert hall.

Edited by Samurai Equine

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

Shadow sighed in relief when she saw Trilby arrived but was concerned for using teleportation magic. Despite born as a pegasus to reign the weather just like the rest, she still read books about magic spells and one of the spells she'd studied is the teleportation spell. 

She approach the stallion with a concern look “Are you okay Trilby? Teleportation can be exhausting to unicorns if they're not very talented”

Edited by Windy Breeze
Oops, I didn't realize you are just about to cast the spell... My southeast asian mind
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Windy Breeze, @Bastian

"That sounds lovely! We'll spend a little bit of time at the concert, go visit a local school, and then a restaurant on me. Would you like to help me move some of these clothing racks?" Trilby grabs two and wheels them out.

He'll be the first one out the door before Shadow. So if Forest acts, he'll end up surprising Trilby instead of Shadow.

@Astral Vision

Astral wouldn't have to trot very far. "Ugh... Why do some performers get this nervous during practice?" Samurai throws out a few sick bags in a nearby dumpster, but then notices another pony out of the corner of his periphery. "Astral?" He walks over to him. "Good morning! You're up rather early. Are you here to take part in the concert? I know it's rather last-minute, but the citizens are so excited for activity that many of them started pitching in without question. Almost like they were waiting for this their whole lives."

@Samurai Equine

"You're actually the second pony today who's asked me that. While it does sound interesting, there's something I need to talk with you about first." Astral said with a nervous chuckle.

"You know how I took Dynamo and Pastel to the library yesterday, and how we were going to research this town's history? Well, I found something, but it only created more unanswered questions." Astral pulled the town history book out of his Satchel, and then turned to the location of the missing pages.

"It seems likes someone wants to keep the mayors' dispute in the dark, and the pages could be anywhere. Assuming you've lived here for a while, is there anything you can tell me about the mayors?"

Forest was arriving at the concert place, it wouldn't last long until he got the concert hall, they would not get away this time.

He closed hus eyes and focused his energies for some seconds and he...  

...dissapeared. Vanished into thin air.  

12 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

@Dynamo Pad

Pastel broke out laughing as Dynamo fell out of the bed, dropping the flyer in the process.

"Nyahaha! You shoulda seen your face! It's like you saw a ghost!"

Pastel jumped triumphantly on the bed for... some reason. Maybe she felt powerful. Maybe it's an earth pony thing. As Dynamo brought up the flyer, she snapped back to reality and swept it off the bed towards him.

"There's gonna be performances today! Music! Singing! Bands will be ready, and anypony interested can take part! How cool is this!?"

She seemed more excited than usual. It's hard to imagine this off the wall filly in front of a crowd, let alone performing, but her confidence was certainly something.

Dynamo's ears fell as he gave Pastel a deadpanned expression based on her laughter. He understood that Pastel was just kidding around, but he felt hurt from the laughter. He probably was looking too much into it or took things too seriously. However, after what he had experienced growing up from bullies. He still felt as if he was being treated poorly from others. 

"Well, you did happen to show up out of nowhere. I wasn't sure if you were in your room or outside of the house. Speaking of which, I need to remember to let the census pony, or someone know that we are staying here."

He expression faded as he blinked from Pastel jumping off of the bed. As she presented the flyer to him, Dynamo managed to catch the flyer in a levitation spell. After scanning the contents of the flyer, Dynamo's eyes lit up in both curiosity and excitement. 

"Hmm...this sounds rather interesting. A performance of concerts and open mic? It seems like there'll be plenty of karaoke." He says with a grin. While he was fond of singing, he wasn't too keen on singing in front of others. Due to having stage fright and worried about the opinion of others. However, he felt that he could at least see what this sort of activity had to offer. "Are you feeling hungry? Maybe we can go get something to eat. Afterwards, we can head to this open mic concert."

@Blitz Boom

Pastel... didn't quite get the reaction she expected. At the most she expected to get an anime style boink on the head; that's what her grandpa would do if she was being too much. She seemed confused and quiet.

"U-Umm... Sorry... It woulda been bad if you got hurt..."

She sat quietly with her long tail wrapped around her as Dynamo talked and avoided looking into his eyes. She was weirdly modest suddenly; it was cute and odd. Maybe she went too far, she thought. She didn't wanna lose her new friend... She blinked and nodded, finally looking at him again when he suggested food. Simple minded creature.

"O-Oh, yeah! Food would be good. Then we can go to the festival. If you don't wanna go with me that's okay too, I totally understand!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Pastel-chan

Dynamo looked at Pastel with concern and worry. She had suddenly grown quiet, while wrapping her tail around her. It didn't help that she was avoiding eye contact. Did he go too far in how he was feeling. He sighed softly as he felt guilty for what he had said. 

"Hey. I'm really sorry if I said anything wrong, or out of line. The problem is that I guess I"m not used to all of this going on. I can understand that you were kidding around. I tend to act like a goofball, if you can believe that. I was mostly bullied for my kindness and wanting to help others. To the point that the bullies rallied everyone in my school to go against me. Using me, laughing at me and treating me like I wasn't a good friend for anyone. To be honest, you and possibly Astral and Samurai are the first real friends I've ever had. So, I guess I don't really understand the concept of friendship. I guess I really need to learn what being a friend is all about. I hope you can forgive me for the way I've been acting.

He blinked as Pastel had suddenly changed gears at the mention of food. He smiled softly as she seemed simple minded, but kind and spontaneous. 

"I want to go to the festival and I want to go with you, my friend. That is, if you'd still like to go with me to the festival. If you don't want to, then I can completely understand that." He would say, opening his arms in the chance she would accept a hug.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Windy Breeze

(It's fine, it worked out for me after all. And I think you've got a wonderful mind. :mlp_smug:)

Any slight dizziness he had is quickly forgotten when Trilby sees Shadow's happy face again. "Of course! I mean, I might not be one of those talented unicorns from Celestia's school, but I've had to make a few emergency deliveries using Teleportation before. It's no big deal, really. Besides, what kind of coltfriend would I be if I left you waiting when you need me?" Trilby says, trying to lay on the charm.

With Shadow by his side, he puts up the rest of the outfits. He doesn't know how much longer til the performances start, but the concert is an all-day event. "Did you hear anypony practicing while I was gone?"

@Astral Vision

Samurai looks at the book, noticing the missing pages. "Hmm... Well, I know the mayors use to get along really well. They were quite close. I heard this town was suppose to try and replicate the success in friendship rates that other towns have had, like Ponyville. But when that didn't succeed, the town began to loose some of its citizens. The remaining ones began to lose interest in just about everything, making them act like bored little zombies most of the time. And the mayors began to drift apart due to creative differences on how to run the town. Hardly anypony sees them. But I know for a fact, there is a curse hanging around this town. A magical curse that has kept the mayors separated. And I know because I have one of the pages you seek." Samurai informs him.

Edited by Samurai Equine