Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Are you afraid of getting the coronavirus?

Muffinnz

Nope. Not interacting with very many people since I'm not leaving the house very much, in an area with low traffic in terms of people coming and going at the moment and caution signs and hand sanitizers are already everywhere. There's also the fact that while the virus has spread very quickly, it's not actually very dangerous unless you were already at risk to other things. Plus, I've already spent most of this year sick. I got hit left and right with stuff from December 28th onward, lost my voice for nearly a month, wasn't completely better till after 40 days. I've met my sick quota for the next few years in my opinion.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

I don’t really think that I’m going to get it, but I do try to take my precautions. Because of my ridiculously weak immune system, it could possibly be very dangerous if I were to hypothetically catch it. There have already been a couple cases reported in my city, so I’ve just gotta stay safe!

Edited by applesjck
Grammar problem, oops
  • Brohoof 1

No, I’m not concerned at all. I haven’t been in any of the heavily affected areas. Also, as long as you’re not older than 60 and don’t have a pre-existing health condition, you’re almost certainly not going to die from it.

One of my professors was freaking out about it today, but he’s previously proven that he’s kind of dumb :P

45 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

Nah. If I die, I die. Memento mori, right? I'll spend my days as happy as I can until then, coronavirus or not :catface:

What a beautiful soul.

I'm not afraid and won't bother to 'protect' myself. I'm already prepared because I'm sure I'll get it and that's okay. I'll take a couple days off!

Edited by Mirage
  • Brohoof 2

No :ButtercupLaugh:

A lot of people are terrified of this virus simply because it’s spreading rapidly and appears to spread easily. However, not much is known about its fatality rate. It’s not like every single person who catches the disease is sentenced to death... That’s just now how it is. The people who are the highest risk for death, when it comes to most diseases, are children and the elderly. If you catch the illness, seeking out medical treatment will help your healing rate immensely. This disease isn’t going to be the end of the world and there is no need to go into a full blown panic. Do what you can to avoid it like washing hands and staying away from people who may have it. You’ll be fine.

I work in a very public place with ppl going coming and going all the time.  Just thankfully I don't live in a high area of air travel or that has a ton of ppl at the same time.   So I think my chances are very low. 

I've eaten at four different Asian restaurants that have been fairly deserted since the news of the virus broke, one of which was an open Chinese buffet. :kirin: I am not scared, I haven't had so much as the flu since I was fifteen. I'm like Killua from Hunter, I want my body to be ready for anything. :nom: 

Nah. Never been that much of a concern to me. I keep an eye out for news about it, but aside from that I don't have a reason to fear it.

Might of had it??? Last year I was just sicker than shit for around a month and could hardly breath and my whole body was either ice cold or red hot so no not really, I'm pretty damn tough in that reguard.

• Brohoof 1

These forums should be renamed to My Little Virus Forums with how these threads keep popping up left and right. So tired of seeing this thread over and over again :l

And I'm not afraid at all. While I live in major city in PL, I'm far away from airport or any meaningful stations, plus I've been recently sitting inside of house due to having more stuff to do via online means rather than in the city.

2 minutes ago, Passion said:

These forums should be renamed to My Little Virus Forums with how these threads keep popping up left and right. So tired of seeing this thread over and over again :l

And I'm not afraid at all. While I live in major city in PL, I'm far away from airport or any meaningful stations, plus I've been recently sitting inside of house due to having more stuff to do via online means rather than in the city.

I think a lot of it has to do with people buying into the media hype exaggerating the virus to get people interested in the news.

• Brohoof 1

I do take precaution which it's nothing new since I had always been keeping good hygiene. So I'm not too worry about it.  But the people who are affected mainly in China and South Korea, you have my sympathy and I hope it will pass with a cure.

11 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I've eaten at four different Asian restaurants that have been fairly deserted since the news of the virus broke, one of which was an open Chinese buffet. :kirin: 

People avoiding anything "Asian"  thinking it will spare them makes me laugh. :nom: