Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Are you afraid of getting the coronavirus?

Muffinnz

I am more worried about my parents actually. Both of my parents are health workers, they're almost always at work recently which makes them like the number one risk group. They also have some chronic illnesses, it makes me worry even more... I hope all this stuff would be over soon.

Just now, Ultraviolet Phosphor said:

Not really. I live in a rural area and wash my hands regularly. Also, my work is not open to the public, so there's fewer people around.

Still, keep a nice distance to people :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

When everyone out abroad came back after typical break time everyone started getting sick and it was like a more aggressive flu, looking back I've probably already had it honestly because it felt like regular flu and allergies but more agressive on the lungs and the recovery time took a WHILE

Now that more time has passed, I'm actually a bit anxious about getting this. It's unlikely I'll have any problems but I am in a class of people who have an increased risk of death. Let's hear it for having a heart problem. ugh.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more concerned for others than myself. My body is pretty much demonic when it comes to natural defenses. So my only concern related to me would be passively carrying it around without knowing and passing it on to someone who is vulnerable to it, despite keeping myself thoroughly clean. But I don't actually go out unless it's vital anyway. And even then, I usually keep my distance from people even during the normal of times.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm pretty worried for my grandparents in Europe and my dad, who's already in his 50s. Other than that, I could really care less about "contracting" the virus. People these days preach its death tolls and fatalities so much, like it's some Bubonic Plague. They just need to play it cool and remain calm or this thing will never be over.

(edited)

I’ve had it already. No, I’m not joking. I fell ill with covid-19 back in February and I will say it was the worse form of flu I’ve ever had in my life. I even got bronchitis right afterwards, so I was sick for a grand total of 3 and a half weeks. I’m young and don’t have any underlying health problems so I recovered pretty quickly though. Y’all want some of my Corona antibodies? Lol. 

Edited by Spark Plug

21 minutes ago, Spark Plug said:

I fell ill with covid-19 back in February

You can probably do a test to see if it was Coronavirus. But remember, if it wasn't, you can still get it. Any reason to still be careful. Also, getting Corona in the U.S. as early as February, is kinda early, isn't it? The real spread started in March. I might be wrong though. Still, stay safe!

I am super scared of Corona, especially for my mom which is in the risk group. I keep myself as far away from people as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about 4 weeks since I was last officially scared of getting the Coronavirus (post above). Guess what? I am still afraid, and still taking precautions with the same behavior as before. Why? Isn't it safer now than it was before? Maybe, but probably no. I take no risks or chances. And I recommend you do the same as well!

Stay safe!

I live in a rural area and social distancing is pretty easy for me, even at my job.  

I’m not afraid of it, however, my parents are over 60 so I am a bit afraid of them catching it.  They are really healthy folks, but still. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 months later...

Well I’m a fit male in my early 20s so the mortality rate is the lowest for people in my bracket. So I’m not overly concerned for myself, but it’s my parents and sisters kids that I worry about. Stupid, compromised immune systems haha

I'm relatively young and have no health issues so the risk to myself from getting infected is virtually nothing (I'm not exactly healthy per se, but I'm still losing weight so I'm probably healthy enough not to be at risk). Although somehow I managed to get an ear infection right when this all started...

The joke that "I was social distancing before it was cool" applies to me. Since my social life is entirely online these days, COVID-19 hitting now of all years is weirdly convenient. All it really did was chop commuting out of my daily routine. So I'm not worried about infecting anyone else either.

Nope, not one bit. I'm young and healthy enough that it doesn't matter to me if I get it, so are my friends, and I've never been one to go out a lot anyway so my risk wasn't all that high.

I learned not too long ago that I have some kind of auto immune disorder, so I'm probably in the higher risk category. Since early April I've only really gone out for appointments and medical tests and always wear a mask.

Yeah, mostly because if I get it it's pretty guaranteed my fiance will, and I still have to head out to buy food, pay rent, etc. which would then mean more people would. I wear a mask and social distance, but it's not a foolproof solution.

To some extent. I'm just trying to be cautious, wearing a mask when I go out and keeping my distance in public. With the current state of the world, it's all you can really do. 

My throat felt a little itchy today so obviously I thought I had gotten corona. Turned out I just needed to eat and drink to fix the problem. I am afraid to get it, yes!