Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Mlp fan content hidden gems?

Dabmanz

The mlp fandom has a lot of fan content are there any hidden gems that you think others should know about?

This can include music fan games  art animation or anything fan made.

3 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Here's another old favorite!

I have seen both of these gems not sure if they are hidden though :) I could be biased because ive seen both of those videos multiple times so I keep getting recommended to re watch them. :)

Edited by Dabmanz
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Dabmanz said:

I have seen both of these gems not sure if they are hidden though :) I could be biased because ive seen both of those videos multiple times so I keep getting recommended to re watch them. :)

Hidden or not, I think they're gems!

• Brohoof 2

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/25148/all-american-girl

in my opinion, best take of future Equestria pre-S3, and specially S9. DJ Martinez being my all time favorite OC, there are other great ones, themes of identity, family, politics, human-pony relations, etc

PD: my waifu is there and DJ is Rarity’s eldest daughter :mlp_yeehaa:

5 minutes ago, Pastel-chan said:

If you've never seen the Ace Attorney crossover, Turnabout Storm, you're in for an amazing ride~

I have seen a meme where Scootaloo objects referencing Phoenix wright but I have not seen the actual series.

Edited by Dabmanz
Bad grammar. :P
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
(edited)

This is such a hard topic to talk about...
Unless you set the tone with some examples, it's hard to tell what counts as a rare or hidden gem, because every fan has a different experience.

I'm looking through a lot of the replies so far, and it proves my point. Some of these pieces of fan art, I've all ready seen, so they don't seem rare to me. The Living Tombstone remix of the song "Discord"? How is that rare? I thought everyone's seen/heard that by now! EilieMonty, the "Beat It" PMV by AnimatedJames... These and more seem common place to me.
But other things, I've just never seen/heard them before. There are some pieces of fanart in here I am seeing for the first time. Never heard "A Long Way Home" or "The Twilight Will Rise". I am sure to some fans, these are common place and well known, but I'm just now discovering them.

Point is, we all have different experiences and exposures to different things. It's hard to judge fan content as common or rare.
Merchandise is MUCH easier to judge as either common place or rare. But for fan content, you really need to give us an example of what you mean.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

This is such a hard topic to talk about...
Unless you set the tone with some examples, it's hard to tell what counts as a rare or hidden gem, because every fan has a different experience.

I'm looking through a lot of the replies so far, and it proves my point. Some of these pieces of fan art, I've all ready seen, so they don't seem rare to me. The Living Tombstone remix of the song "Discord"? How is that rare? I thought everyone's seen/heard that by now! EilieMonty, the "Beat It" PMV by AnimatedJames... These and more seem common place to me.
But other things, I've just never seen/heard them before. There are some pieces of fanart in here I am seeing for the first time. Never heard "A Long Way Home" or "The Twilight Will Rise". I am sure to some fans, these are common place and well known, but I'm just now discovering them.

Point is, we all have different experiences and exposures to different things. It's hard to judge fan content as common or rare.
Merchandise is MUCH easier to judge as either common place or rare. But for fan content, you really need to give us an example of what you mean.

Yeap that's what I thought i'm pretty sure everyone has heard of discord if anything I heard it being played as one of the songs that represent the fandom, but I guess it was being shared because it's good lol

I haven't seen the beat it video tho lol

• Brohoof 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, Quinch said:

This is an oldie but a loonie.

A must during the episode livestreams. Brings me lots of memories.

But as samurai said, experiences might differ.

There's also the fact that tastes can be different and not everypony can find the same art style, music or ideas amazing as other do.

Either way, I would like to direct you guys to one forgotten artist that left far too early, kmrshy. I love their art, so much I use 2 of their pieces for my avatar and banner on this forum xD

You can find they on dA, so give it a look.

Another hidden gem is Spanish-Scoot from dA. Her art style is quite aesthetic and her humour was really nice. Unfortunately, she seems to have abandoned her account a while ago as well. I saw her grow as an artist, but by december of 2015 she just stopped uploading. Either way, she had move on from the pony art, but still she kept up with digimon, gravity falls, persona and bojack horseman.

• Brohoof 2