Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's The Longest Amount Of Days You Have Worked Without Taking A Day Off?

EpicEnergy

Six days. It may not sound like much, but it wasn't back in those years where I felt good and could easily handle it, it was just last year. Working even one shift of the job is really tough with my pain. I'm still not sure how I managed six days in a row.

14 days and they took advantage of a loophole where they scheduled it over the pay period because we were paid biweekly, so they'd just bunch up your work because you're going to be working 80 hours over that time anyways so it doesn't technically violate the 40 hour rule when overtime should kick in. No concern for having a rest period in between, and then there's the onset of the following pay period. Now you might be thinking this is fine since when you eventually get time off it'll be an extra long weekend right? Except you get no choice in the matter and you're so tired by the time you finally get to stay home that you can't even enjoy it properly.

I may have put more time in when I worked elsewhere becaus eI was naïve with it being my first job, and just wanted to earn as much as possible by taking on other people's shifts, but I have no way to confirm that at this point. 10 hour shifts were pretty regular there.

My girlfriend is on an overnight rotation right now for her school, and luckilly they had enough students to split the shift up, but potentially they were going to give her 16 hour shifts for a solid 2 weeks, and she's paying them for that,,, no idea how that's legal. She'll have to jump right into the next rotation, and the one after that, so no days off till April I think.

5 days, but I work normally work 4-10 hour shifts so it can still be pretty strenuous, a few times I worked 5-11 hour shifts. Never gone working for 6 days straight though, since my job doesn't allow it

I have once worked 6 days in a row. My coworker went on vacation and I had to take over their shifts. In return, I got 6 days off when they returned which was nice ~

Around a month working 10-14 hours every day. I really lost count of work days back then. My manager took me and the rest of our team to a pub after that and paid for all our orders as a sign of gratitude.

1 minute ago, Deerie said:

@Blivy well meds had to be paid for somehow :lie:

Mine was when I worked at a moving company and worked from 1 in the afternoon till 4 in the morning! Oh I was tired and thaaaats how how found out I was getting old! 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Deerie said:

@Blivy with those jobs I worked 6am to 2:30 with one the other day 2pm to 11pm sometimes 2pm to 1am if the system was wonky xux cause orders had to go

Yeah I'm WAYYY to past my prime to kill myself with menial labor and shitty pay etc haha

• Brohoof 1

Most I worked was around 17 days without a day off if I remember right. 

Another girl I worked with did a full month, and another after her once did 90 days.

It’s why I get annoyed when part timers complain they haven’t had a day off in two days. I just laugh and tell them to work 15 days minimum and get then we can talk.

• Brohoof 1

Basic Combat Training, 62 days working 16 hours a day (except for Sundays, we only worked 10). But that's a special case.

There was also this one fielding event a couple years ago where I worked 42 days straight for 14 hours a day. Not fun.

And during the start of my tour in Korea last year I worked 29 days without a day off, only 9 hour days though.

• Brohoof 1

80.5 hours across 10 days straight last year because of July 4th. We had the day off like everyone else, but we had to make up the work on the Sunday prior so that we wouldn't be overloaded on the 5th. Thankfully I cashed in vacation on Fri-Monday after.