Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is it better to be cute or handsome?

Muffinnz

A girl told me I was really really super cute today but idk if that's a good thing. I didnt know what to say, what do I say? I was kind of afraid

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 3

I think it depends on the situation!

You want to be both cute and handsome (of course). But being called cute can mean different things, like you were acting cute rather than looking cute. Also, if you are English, cute is an insult (my English teacher said that once, wanting me to use the word "pretty" instead. I ignored that teacher. I think using the word "cute" is cuter than the word "pretty").

Handsome has a formal tone to it. Like you have dressed up nicely and look all grown up and handsome! But that is my take on it.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I think it depends on the situation!

You want to be both cute and handsome (of course). But being called cute can mean different things, like you were acting cute rather than looking cute. Also, if you are English, cute is an insult (my English teacher said that once, wanting me to use the word "pretty" instead. I ignored that teacher. I think using the word "cute" is cuter than the word "pretty").

Handsome has a formal tone to it. Like you have dressed up nicely and look all grown up and handsome! But that is my take on it.

Idk what I did, i just walked into my school library to go print a file out and and on my way a girl (who looked really pretty herself) stopped me

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Muffinnz said:

Idk what I did, i just walked into my school library to go print a file out and and on my way a girl (who looked really pretty herself) stopped me

:ooh:Find that girl. Stop her and say she is cute as well. :o:wau:

• Brohoof 5

11 minutes ago, Muffinnz said:

That's too scary for me :(

Next time you see her, and there is no one (immediate) around. Just walk up, clear your head of anything, smile and say "hi, thank you for noticing me".

You have nothing to lose. I know it is scary, but she made a move, imagine how she felt? She might have been as scared or even more scared than you. It's definitely something you should consider, if you get a chance.

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Next time you see her, and there is no one (immediate) around. Just walk up, clear your head of anything, smile and say "hi, thank you for noticing me".

You have nothing to lose. I know it is scary, but she made a move, imagine how she felt? She might have been as scared or even more scared than you. It's definitely something you should consider, if you get a chance.

It was probably nothing and I'm just overthinking it

• Brohoof 1

It's really personal preference and I really don't see much of a difference between the two terms. Both are intended as compliments. I've been called both and while I don't agree, they are often delivered with good intentions.

1 hour ago, Muffinnz said:

It was probably nothing and I'm just overthinking it

In this situation, it was definitely something.

I would rather be called cute by a girl, like that, than be called something else. Whatever the meaning of the word "cute" was, it is far better than any alternatives (including silence).

That really depends entirely on personal preference. In my own appearance, I personally prefer to go for cute since I prefer to have an appeal that's more, shall we say, based on your average masculine non-straight guy's proclivities. But when it comes to guys I'd go for, I go more for handsome. ;)

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Cute is better in the long term if you want to have serious relationships I think, but ultimately it doesn't matter once you're older.

@Muffinnz at the very least pass this girl a note if you're interested :ooh:

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 4