Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is it better to be cute or handsome?

Muffinnz

20 hours ago, Muffinnz said:

A girl told me I was really really super cute today but idk if that's a good thing. I didnt know what to say, what do I say? I was kind of afraid

Read the whole thread. Yes it is a good thing. She is clearly interested. Next time you see her, say hi and start up a conversation. If that goes well, ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. Ez.

As far as the question in the title goes, the two are synonyms, with handsome being gender specific. Don't overthink it m8. Gl.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It depends. I don’t mind if someone calls me cute, but it’s unusual for a girl to be called handsome. I consider handsome a term for stately, dignified people. If I think a guy is attractive I often say he’s beautiful, which is about the same as calling a girl handsome.   

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think cute is better. You can be a bit overweighted, have imperfect appearance, but if you're cute, it's always a big plus to your attractiveness

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
15 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I am cute AND handsome

Did you have any luck with this girl @Muffinnz? Did you get the answers you were looking for?

I dont really want to talk about it

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

Well it really depends. 

Handsome is something I don’t particularly feel that I invoke unless I’m wearing more masculine clothing, but would rather be complemented that I’m cute. Of course, not cute like a baby or a teenager. Not necessarily look young. 

I would say I would even prefer pretty. Of course hot would be great too. So yeah. Cute is best for me when the person isn’t trying to say I look like I’m young. Handsome would feel out of my place for myself. Tho I would still see it as a complement. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it's a little silly and unnecessary to worry about.  After all, these words can be pretty vague and interchangeable.  A lot of women these days call any guy they're attracted to "cute" as a blanket term.  "Handsome" sounds formal and has fallen out of style.  "Cute" can kind of mean anything.  If a woman calls a man cute, it doesn't necessarily mean that she thinks he looks like a six week old kitten or golden retriever puppy, or an MLP pony.  In fact, it probably rarely means that.  Just means she likes the way he looks.  I often hear women refer to prototypicaly gorgeous male actors like George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Denzel Washington as "cute".  Cute is always a good thing, imo.

Personally, it's always ground my gears a bit that it's considered weird or unfashionable to refer to men as "pretty" or "beautiful".  There's nothing inherently feminine about the definition of beauty.  Beauty is asexual.  Why can't men be beautiful?  Ariel seems to think they can be.  (Referring to Prince Eric)

• 3 years later...