Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's gonna happen to the fandom?

Deltroz

I've just finished the last episode, and I know I'm late to the party but what's happening next? I am kinda in shock so it would also be nice to be told if that's the end of FiM. Is the fandom gonna die? Those are my only questions at the moment actually, but I wanna hear what you think will happen as well. 

This has been asked repeatedly. But think about it rationally, there have been G1 fans that have rode with the herd since day 1. So why would G4 suddenly die out? Especially with G5 coming, comics still going and cons still happening? 

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

This has been asked repeatedly. But think about it rationally, there have been G1 fans that have rode with the herd since day 1. So why would G4 suddenly die out? Especially with G5 coming, comics still going and cons still happening? 

Good point. First hearing of g5 and comics so that is nice to hear that it won't flicker out. Just liked watching more because I've always had a hard time getting involved with the fandom. Like really pushing it.

6 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Now we feast on the rotting corpse of a dead generation and scour its bloated entrails for hidden treasures.

I agree but with different wording

The fandom won't really die. It definitley won't be nearly as active as it used to be, but there are going to be plenty of people who decide to stick around. The show ended almost five months ago and this place is still fairly active. That should speak for itself.

• Brohoof 3

Maybe a better question is why does it matter?

I don't really know what will happen. It could fade out significantly if G5 is a flop. But I believe there will always be a G4 fandom, just like there will always be a Star Trek fandom.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Cash In said:

The fandom won't really die. It definitley won't be nearly as active as it used to be, but there are going to be plenty of people who decide to stick around. The show ended almost five months ago and this place is still fairly active. That should speak for itself.

Oh five months? I'm slow.

20 hours ago, Mirage said:

Maybe a better question is why does it matter?

I don't really know what will happen. It could fade out significantly if G5 is a flop. But I believe there will always be a G4 fandom, just like there will always be a Star Trek fandom.

To me it matters because I like to feel like I'm a part of something. And because until g5 comes out I will be lurking here, wouldn't be fun if it was dead

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Deltroz said:

To me it matters because I like to feel like I'm a part of something. And because until g5 comes out I will be lurking here, wouldn't be fun if it was dead

I like that answer. :LunaMCM:

The fandom won't die. I, myself only started to get into it around when Season 9 started, and I literally only became a real fan (like watching every single episode instead of watching small clips and very occasional episodes) a couple months after the show ended.

There are plenty of book/movie series and TV shows with fans who got into them long after they ended. Sure, some people may leave, but we are still getting hundreds of new fans every week. So no.

Also, I am really hoping G5 will be good, in fact, if it is good enough, there might be a lot of new fans.

• 3 weeks later...

MLP isn't going anywhere. It'll have a G5 and the fans of G4 and other gens will always be fans. The overall body of work will just keep expanding and making the ponies a bigger and bigger franchise. It's a huge business for Hasbro and they're not going to let all that business just vanish away. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, Deltroz said:

I've just finished the last episode, and I know I'm late to the party but what's happening next? I am kinda in shock so it would also be nice to be told if that's the end of FiM. Is the fandom gonna die? Those are my only questions at the moment actually, but I wanna hear what you think will happen as well. 

Well, first of all, things haven't really gone the way that was planned. First Youtube made it difficult for Hasbro to go with short cartoons because of COPPA. And then the Coronavirus happened and we have heard nothing about Pony Life.
Also, if there were any Pony Cons planned, they will probably be cancelled or are already cancelled.

This leaves us with nothing else than a forum, and our friends, to keep us "alive" as a community. If that starts to fall apart, then we are looking at a community which looked like it died. However, I believe no community truly dies. There are a few new members every week. The show is still on Netflix, so obviously new kids will discover it, and realize the same thing we did a decade ago, and they might start a new thing, or redefine what a Brony is.

The future is always uncertain. But the show must go on!

• 3 months later...