Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cool Map Making Tool/Canterlot Throne Room

Ruby Aurora

Found this new program called DungeonDraft, a map making program for tabletop games, and figured I'd take a look at it. Below is what I made in my first hour or so of idly making a map of the Canterlot Throne room. I'm loving it so far, and will probably be making more maps of locations in the show and putting them up on here if I get the time.

The next game I hope to run is in the Royal Palace, so any suggestion for rooms that would fit are appreciated.

CanterlotThroneroom.thumb.png.e045ef39240cc02ba7055d6ce46a7804.png

• Brohoof 5

Reminds me a little more of the layout of that room they had the royal wedding in than the throne room itself. (which was part of the show intro). Looks nice for a basic map though, albeit it doesn't quite have that MLP art style and the thrones seem a bit primitive.

19 hours ago, Dabmanz said:

This looks awesome. good job. 

Thanks! The program did a lot of the heavy lifting for me, so it was mainly getting layout and such correct.

14 minutes ago, StormyVenture said:

Reminds me a little more of the layout of that room they had the royal wedding in than the throne room itself. (which was part of the show intro). Looks nice for a basic map though, albeit it doesn't quite have that MLP art style and the thrones seem a bit primitive.

I tried to get some references for the royal throne room, and while I did get some good images, the program does not yet have enough assets to make as detailed scenes as I would have liked. As for the show style, that's something I've long since abandoned, as most online maps are in a variety of styles, none of which ever seem to match up with the character icons sadly. I'll see if there are better throne assets, as there were a few that were larger and more stone looking.

• 3 months later...