Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Uses of certain words

Steve Piranha

I’m curious if the following words are allowed:

-retarded: save of the obvious direct use on another user, I wonder if it’s use as a synonym is allowed. Example would be “This is so retarded” instead of “this is so stupid”

-loser: I understand this is a Canadian site. And Canada considers this word to be very strong. Very well known in the fandom due to censorship of the word in pony in Canadian airing :dash:

(edited)

Not a mod, but I hate the R word. Just say stupid instead. 

The R word is just... horrible. Why would you say that to another person anyway? It's such an awful word. I mean, the other person could actually HAVE  a mental illness. How do you think that would feel, to use such a horrible word to someone who you barley know, or have never seen the face of?

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

We never allow the use of the word retarded under any circumstance. Whether it may be directed towards somebody or not, we believe it is not okay to use albeist language on MLPForums. Loser is more acceptable, however, it should be used in a way that doesn't insult or belittle anyone.

I hope this clarifies your question :D

Echoing what @Odyssey said. We can be lax on casual swears if they aren't actually being used to insult someone. But let's say something like racial slurs, that is a no go.

As this has been answered twice, I will be locking it now.

• The topic was locked