Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What character(s) do you hate that everyone else love?

TBD

What characters do you hate or think it’s overrated but everyone else love them?

• Brohoof 1

Probably Sasuke from Naruto. He's a piece of shit who's committed multiple crimes including treason, genocide, war crimes, etc. Not only does he treat everyone like garbage he stabbed everyone in the back and by all accounts deserves to be executed, but they forgave him for everything because lolfriendship. Fuck off

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate Discord.

Shouldn't have been reformed imo; and I especially hate how the show likes to controversially pander to shippers with Flutters. It honestly disgusts me. Thankfully though, Big Jim and the show didn't confirm the ship and make it official, or else I would have bailed on the show and the brand entirely. I am a million times thankful that it was left open to interpretation, but I wish they went further and denounced it entirely. Many other friends and Fluttershy fans I know also feel the same way. (Don't @ me, because I am not interested in discussing/debating this btw.)

Edited by Flutterbattyyy
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Scootaloo (FiM). Absolutely cannot understand for the life of me why more people in the fandom don't hate her as much as the Internet hates the Ice Age baby... :dry: She comes across to me at least as obnoxious and she can be downright self-centered at times. She's more often than not a factor in ruining quite a few CMC episodes for me with how she acts. ALMOST LIKE HER PARENTS THAT ABANDONED HER FOR THEIR OWN SELFISH INTERESTS... :huh:

Gordon Freeman (Half-Life). I don't necessarily hate him as much think he's a bland slate with absolutely no personality to speak of, in fact his lack of character is poked fun at quite a bit during the events of the Half-Life games. I more find the general consensus on him worth despising, that he's somehow one of the best characters in the history of gaming. This blank slate? Really? Come on, that's just ridiculous.

Shatner's Kirk (Star Trek). I honestly fail to see how Kirk from TOS isn't generic, but Archer from ENT is. Archer had a ways more personality for most of his run than original Kirk did. Seemed to me that the best way to describe him is like Riker without the actual character and only with the whole pursuit of alien women. Dropped a huge bomb on that one for sure, and what's more: Pine's is better.

Edited by Angel_Dust
Adding yet another character.

4 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Dropping a bomb on this one.... Rarity.

:mellow: Dropping one more:  I hate Pinkie Pie.

Also Cloud from FF7.

47 minutes ago, Flutterbattyyy said:

I hate Discord.

Shouldn't have been reformed imo; and I especially hate how the show likes to controversially pander to shippers with Flutters. It honestly disgusts me. Thankfully though, Big Jim and the show didn't confirm the ship and make it official, or else I would have bailed on the show and the brand entirely. I am a million times thankful that it was left open to interpretation, but I wish they went further and denounced it entirely. Many other friends and Fluttershy fans I know also feel the same way. (Don't @ me, because I am not interested in discussing/debating this btw.)

This is actually a good one. I always felt he was directly responsible for some of the worst decisions in the show and some of its lowest points, and the finale was probably the breaking point. Whenever he does something terrible he rarely gets called out for it, gets a slap on the wrist, or in some instances rewarded(in the case of A Matter of Principals). I hate how people are always passing it off as "Discord being Discord", I hate how a lot of shit that happens in the show was the result of Discord deciding he wanted to be an asshole. It's not fun to watch at all. And when he isn't making everyone miserable he's just there to be a meme and a pop culture reference generator

This thread is making me sad. :dash: Regardless, I can’t think of a character I particularly despise, much less one everyone else likes. 

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

This thread is making me sad. :dash: Regardless, I can’t think of a character I particularly despise, much less one everyone else likes. 

Me neither. You have to get me really upset at the character to hate them. Even annoying characters like Zephyr Breeze can have their relatable moments that I can connect with.

Even characters seen as "greedy" like Tom Nook and Tingle can at least be fair by giving you all the time to pay him back, or give you a map showing the locations of all plot critical coupons, respectively

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Dropping a bomb on this one.... Rarity.

I don't know who you are, but I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna keel you 'till you're ded D:

Jokes aside tho:

Spike - I cannot stand the dragon. It has a lot to do with my image of dragons being powerful and unsubmissive. Not cutesy, friendly and sissy.

Plus, I also cannot stand excessive naivety and I swear he's an avatar of it.

Every single of your favourite Pokemon :umad:

Most jRPG main protagonists.

Trevor from GTA 5.

Powerpuff Girls ( all 3 )

Alex from Totally Spies

• Brohoof 2

Tracer (Overwatch). I honestly find her personality a tad bit obnoxious, her backstory to be total nonsense held together by some jargon thought up by Jeff and crew, and... Are there REALLY people out there who SERIOUSLY think Tracer should be in Smash Bros...? I guess that's what happens when Blizzard releases a game in any genre, even if there's far better games out there. The others get accused of being copycats while their game becomes a cultural phenomenon that just rakes in cash. Happened with WoW too... :dry:

For MLP: I think Discord in general was a bad addition to the show, while he could have been handled better the writers made sure that won't happen.

From DBZ. Vegeta is dumb. Like the genocidal maniac was just forgiven and everybody forgot about his past then Toriyama kept changing his attitude.
I think Namek saga Vegeta was good, but the later Vegeta and his "pride" was just annoying. I blame Toriyamas absolute lack of world building on one hand for that.

All characters from Shield Hero. They are all aweful, every single one of them, and the few that started out good were ruined. :angry: