Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What character(s) do you hate that everyone else love?

TBD

The characters from Xenoblade Chronicles. Every last one of them. I tried watching Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of it. Keyword being "tried". These are the most bland boring humorless characters i've ever seen in a video game. Xenoblade Chronicles seriously has all the humor and personality of wet cardbord.

5 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

OMG, I hate Rey too.

@Dreambiscuit

I thought Rey was simply okay. Nothing special, but at least she wanted to help the Galaxy and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Angel_Dust said:

Gordon Freeman (Half-Life). I don't necessarily hate him as much think he's a bland slate with absolutely no personality to speak of, in fact his lack of character is poked fun at quite a bit during the events of the Half-Life games. I more find the general consensus on him worth despising, that he's somehow one of the best characters in the history of gaming. This blank slate? Really? Come on, that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, I find it silly a blank state like him can considered one of the greatest characters ever. I could argue the same with most Links from Legend of Zelda, specially OOT and TP. Two of the most popular ones. Man, any Toon Link has more charm than the two combined, and BOTW has a bit of charm too :dash:

12 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Me neither. You have to get me really upset at the character to hate them. Even annoying characters like Zephyr Breeze can have their relatable moments that I can connect with.

Even characters seen as "greedy" like Tom Nook and Tingle can at least be fair by giving you all the time to pay him back, or give you a map showing the locations of all plot critical coupons, respectively

Yeah, it’s hard for me to outright hate a character. It takes a lot of being exposed to negative traits for me to hate them. But oh boy, if I hate them, I DO hate them with gusto :Cozy:

Just now, Will Guide said:

I thought Rey was simply okay 

I heard she was given the Mary Sue treatment of giving her all the necessary skills to succeed or whatever. Dunno, never been a die hard SW fan, and I’m not planning to watch Force Awakens continuity to confirm

16 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

heard she was given the Mary Sue treatment of giving her all the necessary skills to succeed or whatever. Dunno, never been a die hard SW fan, and I’m not planning to watch Force Awakens continuity to confirm

Mary Sue or not, helping others does not make a character hateable in my eyes.

But if you want to know, I never cared at all for the Simpsons. That's a show that went on WAY too long. And the characters never appeal to me.

And that Spider Pig thing from the movie, I hated it from overexposure like how Frozen Haters despise the overexposure of Let it Go back in the day

10 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Mary Sue or not, helping others does not make a character hateable in my eyes.

I think the problem most people have with her is her dominating all kinds of force powers in mere hours or whatever

1 hour ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

I hated pinkie pie until pinkies pride with cheese sandwich. I cried...

Even after all the season and eps even when it seemed she had "good moments"  did not change my mind.  Still Don't Like Her!

From MLP - Discord. He started off fine, but they just started using him way too much and I got sick of him. I think he's the type of character that needed to show up just once a season

From other media - Deadpool. I really don't get the appeal of him. His humor feels like something an edgy 12 year old would write.

3 hours ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

You have no soul! :mlp_okiedokieloki:

Oh I have a soul,  I rent it out on weekends. 

(edited)

I'm not a fan of Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert from the movie "Tangled". I think he's annoying & I don't think he's very funny.  

The Tangled TV show makes him a lot more likable though, IMO. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also *really* don't like Discord & Scootaloo from Friendship is Magic.

I don't like Discord because I don't think his jokes are funny  &

I don't like Scootaloo because I think her voice & hero worship of Rainbow Dash are both *really* obnoxious. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I'm going put this out. 

Jotaro Joestar. I don't technically hate this character, He's just my least favorite jojo. God his reaction is so slow. I don't know if it just the writing but I always get irritated by his slow reaction towards a situations. He's so dense most of the time and even more dense than Polnareff because at lease polnareff can sense enemies faster than he could. 

Dio. yeah he's cool but god I hate this guy. There's no character depth on Dio other then he just a blend power hungry guy. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hank Schrader from Breaking Bad. I honestly have no idea why the consensus on him is a positive one... His holier than thou attitude is OBNOXIOUS (like every other character in the show that doesn't do or sell drugs except much worse) it seems and what seem to be commonly cited as his best qualities that make him a good character to me just look like an act to build his image on, oh and don't get me started on the fact he stays with his wife that he knows is a kleptomaniac but yet he still virtue signals all the time about drugs. If only a character like that could understand just how hypocritical that is... Ugh. :dry:

Edited by Angel_Dust