Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now that the series is over, I'm curious. Was Twilight actually getting taller or was that just the fans' imaginations?

gingerninja666

(edited)

Was Twilight actually getting taller as the series went on, or was it a trick of the mind by fans who thought that was what they were seeing?

It seemed to come up every season or so, people making comments like: "Is it me or is Twilight getting taller?" or "Twilight's horn is slowly getting bigger, right?" Was that actually a thing? It was pretty consistant.

Edited by gingerninja666

Oh definitely. She may not be standing up straight in the first and is zoomed in more but look at

the horn placement, and you can go back and see her slightly higher than her friends as time

went on. Not to mention eventually becoming Celestia's size by the looks of it.

Image result for twilight sparkle's height

• Brohoof 1

Twi DID get taller and had her horn elongated since her first appearance post S3: Equestria Girls. In fact, the book The Art of Equestria, details that they added a curve on her neck

13 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Twi DID get taller and had her horn elongated since her first appearance post S3: Equestria Girls. In fact, the book The Art of Equestria, details that they added a curve on her neck

I know she got taller after her ascension, but did she continue to get taller throughout the later seasons?

Just now, gingerninja666 said:

I know she got taller after her ascension, but did she continue to get taller throughout the later seasons?

Other than her queen form at the very last episode: no

On 3/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, SharpWit said:

Oh definitely. She may not be standing up straight in the first and is zoomed in more but look at

the horn placement, and you can go back and see her slightly higher than her friends as time

went on. Not to mention eventually becoming Celestia's size by the looks of it.

Image result for twilight sparkle's height

Very interesting.  I always thought it was just people's imaginations, but now I'm not so sure.  There's no denying the difference here, but I thought that she remained identical in size and shape to all the other base female models.  I.e. I thought her friends changed by the same amount.  Perhaps I was wrong.  I going to have to look very carefully when I rewatch the series next year, as I'm planning to.

She seemed to get taller when she was first made an alicorn by Celestia, but I don't think she grew at all between the rest of the seasons, until the epilogue where she was somehow Celestia's size.

Did that later increase to full alicorn size happen all at once? Did she achieve something for it to happen? Does she get the power to make alicorns too now? There are a lot of unanswered questions.

She's definitely taller since becoming an alicorn, but I don't think she actually continued to grow over the course of the series. I'm also not 100% sure when the height change happened, but I'm pretty confident it was at least the start of S4.