Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Pinkie Pie Have Magic? (Shown In Season 8?)

Evil Pink One

Well i actually made one of this here but im new and i have no idea where it whent so sorry if i doubled it? So apparently season 8  last episode shows that one of the magic spirits whent back to their respectful owners, one is f those whent to pinkies hair.... Does that mean her hair has magic? Or theres an artifact on her hair.... Or is she an alicorn? So does that mean earth ponies can have magic?

(edited)

All ponies are inherently magical. The existence of cutie marks is evidence of that. In his first appearance, Tirek stole the magic of all the ponies of Equestria, including the magic of the Earth ponies.

I’ve always described the three main pony races as interacting with their magic differently:

• Earth pony magic is generally passive.
  • Unicorn magic is generally active.
  • Pegasi have a combination of both.

Pinkie Pie seems to be the rare Earth pony that has more active control over her inherent magic, effortlessly harnessing it in ways that allows her to manipulate reality somewhat, especially in giving her physical abilities that would otherwise not be possible, ie, scaling vertical walls without a grip, physically falling apart and reassembling herself, etc.

Edited by ShadOBabe
Elaboration
  • Brohoof 4

@ShadOBabe yes but season 8 fluttershy and apple jack and rainbow dash has no magic spirit that returned to them... Thus no magic, twilight rarity and pinkie has spirits that returned to them

..so passive magic? Maybe theyre like dwarfs... Very strong but not magic passive? And pegasus.... having active magic? When, Like flapping their wings to change the weather?... And passive magic...them having wings? , Can you give an example of an earth pony who has passive magical skills? And a pegasus who has eother of the said magic?

@CloudMistDragon well if you put the element that she is a cartoon.... Then arent they all cartoons? Then why is pinkie pie the only one who can do that...cheese sandwich can't compare to pinkie. Cheese sandwich is still in a lower level than her and she has no discord like power

Can you explain what passive and active magic is to you? 

@Light Blade but you see season 8 gave meaning to pinkie pies 4th wall breaking OP shit shes been doing! Im telling you she has potential to be a villain!

Oh diamond tiara has OP Abilities aswell i forgot about her. Shes an earth ponie 2 OP earth ponies.

But still they considered earth ponies have no magical Abilities more of a strength type character. Except pinkie pie, and maybe diamond tiara, i have little proof about diamond tiara but im sure pinkie has magic now, or pinkie has an artifact on her hair.

If cutie mark is magical... I didnt see them marks being gone when absorbed. And i think of it as a mark of their talent rather than magic though... And if your gonna refer to loosing their cutie marks and become equal, and apple jack cant kick very hard anymore, not sure maybe because she had the equal sign mark so her power and talents are equal to everypony.... And apple jack is the mane 6...and was chosen by the tree....she wasnt that strong to begin with, so maybe she was contaminated by magic, but doesnt mean she has magic...?

42 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Im telling you she has potential to be a villain!

P...please, don’t tear off the bandage. I already got enough evidence that Pinkie is vulnerable to power corruption; both from the official comic and series finale. And I find it difficult to stomach the idea of anypony going bad.

(edited)

@Light Blade crap, i thought i was the only one who noticed it, shes my favorite character aswell... Did you notice at the finally she seems a bit distant and, like something changed from pinkie pie.... It's like when i watched it like....i dont know..... Theres something on with pinkie...but who knows? Im rewatching mlp and im at season 9 now so I'll watch very closely.

Edited by Kujamih

And itll be a good story, i mean who else has a potential to be evil... Twilight? Hmmm thatd be nice... Apple jack?..... Meh...rainbow dash? Shes just gonna be an asshole..er person... Flutter shy? They already did it. Pinkie? Definitely. Shes easily depressed, susceptible to insanity ,etc. CMC....never. diamond tiara? YES ABSOLUTELY! she has the ability to get what she wants, but is it really just getting what she wants? Or control that person to get what she wants? She can potentially control other ponies or even the alicorn depending of how op her ability will get or how she can manipulate. ...ahmm any way thats my take.