Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most boring pony and why?

eddeams

I have to go with Silver Spoon. I always forget she even existed most of the time and she never even had a redemption arc like Diamond Tiara. Or I don't think she did at least? She just existed as the Stacey of a popular girl gang type group, and that was it.
No offense to anyone named Stacey, but you know what I mean. :awwthanks:

If not Silver Spoon, I have to go with Flurry Heart. She's cute, but her only personality was to just sit there and sell toys (and to literally commit arson without even touching anything). Surely, Hasbro could've came up with a better idea for The Crystalling, or even a niece for Twilight in general. I mean, with a cuter look than normal pony babies, you'd think she would have at least behaved better, or played a more interesting role?

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It takes a lot to annoy Pinkie and screw him for doing so! :okiedokieloki:

No wonder i love pinkie...... We both hate the same person....pony....

I was actually just randomly thinking who i hate the most... And he just pops in my mind like * snap*.

Edited by Kujamih

20 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

For me it's *puts on a helmet and steps behind an Army barricade* Sugar Belle.

Why?.. is it becausebshebkilled a bird on a train? Or because she barks like a dog?

Edited by Kujamih

• 3 months later...

Some of the more boring ponies that come to mind are Flim and Flam, Cadence and Shining Armor, and of course, Mudbriar. Although they don't really count since this is referring to Ponies, I find the Student Six very boring. Same thing goes for Thorax, post-reformed changelings, the yaks, most of the dragons, and other uninteresting characters.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-07-17 at 8:33 PM, Landi said:

Some of the more boring ponies that come to mind are Flim and Flam, Cadence and Shining Armor, and of course, Mudbriar. Although they don't really count since this is referring to Ponies, I find the Student Six very boring. Same thing goes for Thorax, post-reformed changelings, the yaks, most of the dragons, and other uninteresting characters.

THIS!

On 2021-07-17 at 9:00 PM, Mammon said:

Easily Mudbriar. Boring and annoying.

DOUBLE THIS!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
On 2021-07-17 at 7:10 PM, JMTV99 said:

You know, out of all of the pony characters, Princess Cadence is most boring and wasted potential.

She saved Spike and the Crystal Heart from King Sombra while on the brink of collapse, helped Twilight beat a tatzlwurm, and was ready to kick Sombra's nads into his throat in the S9 opener. Doesn't sound like somepony boring. In fact, those moments cemented her as my third favorite princess with the most adorable handshake. 

But yeah, the last seasons made her and Shining Armor kind of basic. 

For mine:

• Ms. Harshwhinny. She had three appearances, all of them confined to the Equestria Games mini-arc, and after that just... disappears. And yet she's been strong on my mind lately. I have no freaking idea why.
  • Flim and Flam. A little bit of those two goes a long way.
  • Mudbriar. There's being knowledgeable, and there's being tactless. 
  • The yaks. It's very telling that after the first time they appear, they vanish for two seasons, reappear once, and again as part of a monothematic season. 
  • Sassy Saddles. She starts out nice and easy and is genuinely likeable, but when she starts taking over Rarity's boutique, yeah... 
  • Zesty Gourmand. She's like the Svengallop of food. 
Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Sasoriman said:

She saved Spike and the Crystal Heart from King Sombra, helped Twilight beat a tatzlwurm, and was ready to kick Sombra's nads into his throat in the S9 opener. Doesn't sound like somepony boring. In fact, those moments cemented her as my third favorite princess with the most adorable handshake. 

But yeah, the last seasons made her and Shining Armor kind of basic. 

Fair enough. It would've been nice if they had more interesting depths to her character like giving her a backstory, but that's just me.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, JMTV99 said:

Fair enough. It would've been nice if they had more interesting depths to her character like giving her a backstory, but that's just me.

The comics gave her one, but it was a complete suckfest from start to finish. It had some nifty 80s references, but that was it.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Sasoriman said:

The comics gave her one, but it was a complete suckfest from start to finish. It had some nifty 80s references, but that was it.

Yeah, I know that, but I'm talking about animated though.

(edited)

You know say what you will about Mudbriar but there's some weird second-hand likeable-ness to him that I find funny and appealing, at least to me.

6 hours ago, Sasoriman said:
  • Ms. Harshwhinny. She had three appearances, all of them confined to the Equestria Games mini-arc, and after that just... disappears. And yet she's been strong on my mind lately. I have no freaking idea why.

Her professionalism.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If I have to pick, I think it's Marble Pie, mostly cause she doesn't really talk.

There's also Mudbriar, especially when he said 'technically' one too many times

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Toastypk said:

You know say what you will about Mudbriar but there's some weird second-hand likeable-ness to him that I find funny and appealing, at least to me.

Her professionalism.

Unpopular opinion, but Mudbriar's introduction was the first time Maud was interesting since her debut

It's not fair to compare them probably, but the pillars after their introductions, other than Spade-stallion *checks* I mean Rockhoof, were pretty dull. Other than that, what @Sasoriman said pretty much. Also, after Starlight's village ponies had their introduction episodes they were pretty boring and I wasn't that interested in the Sugarbelle stuff (although her introduction and 'muffins' etc was great :D )

Most of the more significant characters had their time to shine over the seasons. 'Tia, Luna, the Mane 6, thhe CMCs and some of their friends etc have all had their moments.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with @abrony-mouse, I thought reformed Sugar Belle wasn’t that great either. It was weird to throw her into a marriage with someone she really hadn’t known that long as well. I also felt that Featherbangs was boring too, he was just some cheesy love interest character that got thrown away in the end anyways.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I agree with @abrony-mouse, I thought reformed Sugar Belle wasn’t that great either. It was weird to throw her into a marriage with someone she really hadn’t known that long as well. I also felt that Featherbangs was boring too, he was just some cheesy love interest character that got thrown away in the end anyways.

I agree. Say what you will about about Cheerilee, at least Big Mac knows her a lot more than Sugar Belle was. Why he choose Sugar Belle instead of Cheerilee is really beyond me.

Yeah, I didn't care for Feather Bangs either. He's just Justin Bieber as a pony. Plus, JB's popularity was already dead when the episode came out. So, he's pretty much pointless.

14 hours ago, Sasoriman said:
  • Flim and Flam. A little bit of those two goes a long way.
  • Mudbriar. There's being knowledgeable, and there's being tactless. 
  • The yaks. It's very telling that after the first time they appear, they vanish for two seasons, reappear once, and again as part of a monothematic season. 

These characters definitely! 

Every one of them are one-note characters who repeat the same things over and over. 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

It's not fair to compare them probably, but the pillars after their introductions, other than Spade-stallion *checks* I mean Rockhoof, were pretty dull. 

I chalk that up to the show leaving them to their new lives without much of a focus.