Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The best fanfiction genre?!

ThatYoungBrony

While I agree that Grimdark is the bestest genre of fanfiction ever churned out by writers around the world, some people just can't understand that Grimdark is not about violence.

Another I genre I love to read is comedic slice-o-life. Kinda reminds you that life can still be good after all that shit.

please excuse my rant here...

Grimdark is not about murder, it is not about mutilation, it is not about rape either. Grimdark is, by the simplest of words, a state of perpetual hopelessness, where everyone is utterly insignificant and disposable. Grimdark is where no matter what you can do, what are you, how many allies you have, shit will always happens on the worst scale.

If a measly squad of Royal Guards can rescue you from the situation, that's no grimdark :/

• Brohoof 4

Human and crossovers. Don't really like the human turned ponies though. With the exception of "Through the Eyes of Another Pony". That dude better finish his rewriting of the story and continue where he left of. I'm starting to forget too many events in that story..

In all honesty, I'm one for Grimdark. I like blood, gore, and creepy things. I know it sounds messed up but hey, that's me. I also like a lot of zombie movies and stuff, but that's irrelevant to the topic. So, Grimdark and Creepypasta for me :3

Well, actually the genre isn't a big deal for me. As long as it's "sane" and has a good storyline, I would like it. In this case,

While I agree that Grimdark is the bestest genre of fanfiction ever churned out by writers around the world, some people just can't understand that Grimdark is not about violence.Another I genre I love to read is comedic slice-o-life. Kinda reminds you that life can still be good after all that shit.

please excuse my rant here...Grimdark is not about murder, it is not about mutilation, it is not about rape either. Grimdark is, by the simplest of words, a state of perpetual hopelessness, where everyone is utterly insignificant and disposable. Grimdark is where no matter what you can do, what are you, how many allies you have, shit will always happens on the worst scale.If a measly squad of Royal Guards can rescue you from the situation, that's no grimdark :/

I would like an adventure story filled by romance and some grimdark situations on it. Fixed genre is the best genre, LOL.

When it comes to reading, I like just about everything but straight-up Adventure. Yeah, it's fun to watch a rag-tag group of heroes stumbling their way from one danger to the next, but after eight chapters of that it gets a little dull. If it is spiced up with Romance, Grimdark, or even Comedy, then I will consider reading it. In fact, MLP fanfics got me turned on to Romance novels. And now those are the only fanfics I read on FiMFiction. 

When it comes to writing, I can only write Adventure, Science Fiction, Comedy, Light Grimdark, and Crossover. 

I've read every type out there at least once, and grimdark has to be my favorite. With trixie and twilight grimdark being my favorite, sorta the trixe V.S. twilight one of them ending up dead or injured.

• 8 years later...

I enjoy crossovers a lot because of the versatility of them the story can be mixed up massively depending on the crossover.

I also enjoy regular HIE fics if done properly.

This one is controversial but I also enjoy conversion bureau fics because I like the general theme of it and the variety of ways it can be managed.