Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you ever liked the G4 merchandise first before seeing the show?

Shigaraki

Well for me I got Twilight and her wedding car, before I watched the show and got a Mc Donald's toy of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy before once again without seeing the show. I never even cared about it at all when it first came out, but now after I got Twilight and seeing the box art, I just thought of maybe this new MLP show won't be so bad.Also that is what made me to be into the show when the 2nd season was out during that time

So what about you guys, did any merchandise ever made you curious about the show before watching it or made you get into it?

Edited by Osoka_Topez

No. Not that I disliked MLP or anything, just wasn't interested. I may have bought an anime figure at some point, but mostly I was interested in recordings or equipment. After I started watching MLP, I decided I want to buy some figures (with molded hair because they look more accurate).

No. I doubt I would have ever touched any merchandise on my own accord if I never became a fan of the show.

Heck, only recently did I even go out of my way to buy pony merch....right as I end up having a falling out with the show and when it ends

18 hours ago, Megas said:

No. I doubt I would have ever touched any merchandise on my own accord if I never became a fan of the show.

Heck, only recently did I even go out of my way to buy pony merch....right as I end up having a falling out with the show and when it ends

much much to buy

I never had any interest in the toy line because at the time, I was way past the intended age group in addition to the fact that I'm male. Even now after having watched the show for so many years, those toys still don't appeal to me.

I never was really a fan of the toy line. Most people agree that the G4 toys are cheap. Besides, I didn’t even know G4 existed for most of its time on the air. 

• 3 months later...

I used to think all MLP merch was just cheap and stupid toys for little girls. Of course, that was when I knew nothing about MLP. :awwthanks:

I still think most of the pony toys Hasbro produces are bad. But most non-Hasbro merchandise, like the Funko ponies, are pretty good. :grin:

• 1 month later...