Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle - Made for success? [S9 spoilers!]

Stardust Live

Just now, nightshroud96 said:

Its pretty iffy that not a single pony is not bothered by this.

But not even that. No politician can please everybody, because different people have different opinions. No matter what you do, somebody is going to hate it and you can only hope to please the most people or those who voted for you etc, but not everyone. Twilight, OTOH really wants to be "perfect".

I'm pretty sure some ponies did not like that Cozy was turned to stone. Let's say Twilight decides to free her. Guess what? There are some other ponies who liked seeing Cozy as a statue.

11 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

But not even that. No politician can please everybody, because different people have different opinions. No matter what you do, somebody is going to hate it and you can only hope to please the most people or those who voted for you etc, but not everyone. Twilight, OTOH really wants to be "perfect".

I'm pretty sure some ponies did not like that Cozy was turned to stone. Let's say Twilight decides to free her. Guess what? There are some other ponies who liked seeing Cozy as a statue.

I feel like some changelings(rouge or reformed) would feel like Chrysalis didn't deserve being a statue when they find out its ultimately Discord's fault she went off the deep end further. Like she was essentially used as cannon fodder in his plan(till it went haywire).
Even if Chrysalis "deserve" that, lets remember if Discord kept his claws off of her, she wouldn't been causing this huge trouble. She would most likely be starving in the forest and losing her mind. 
Honestly with the mental health she was in, she needed to get mental help. Not being used as freaking fodder to boost Twilight's confidence.
That's one factor on why Chrysalis rejected reformation in Frienmies, it still feels like she is still not right in the head. Her mental state is still in terrible condition in a way.

Edited by nightshroud96

Yeah, Luna retiring never sat well with me. Nor really Flurry taking over after her mother after such a short period of time. Sure, common for regular ponies, but aren't Princesses supposed to kinda live longer?

Twilight seems to already be grooming a successor, unless Luster decides to go Sunset on us. How will Twilight cope with a student that doesn't turn out the way she wants?

1 hour ago, Stardust Live said:

Twilight seems to already be grooming a successor, unless Luster decides to go Sunset on us. How will Twilight cope with a student that doesn't turn out the way she wants?

She doesn't need to go Sunset. I figure she only needs to show that she is unsuitable for that position. For example, Twilight could have joined Starlight in her village, then let her friends "persuade her" otherwise (getting the cutie marks back etc), but write a detailed letter to Celestia how Starlight's system is so much better and that Celestia should implement it the first chance she gets. This would cause Celestia to really rethink her plans without causing any real damage etc. 

So, I guess Luster could do something similar, or, if the EG world has a history similar to the real world, Luster could become a "fan" of one (or both) of the human leaders with cool mustaches who were at war once. It does not need to be for real, just make Twilight think it is.

Then again, if Twilight wants to find someone else to take her place as quickly as possible, I do not blame her. I would too (if I somehow failed to get out of that in the first place).

3 hours ago, nightshroud96 said:

I feel like some changelings(rouge or reformed) would feel like Chrysalis didn't deserve being a statue when they find out its ultimately Discord's fault she went off the deep end further.

That too, but still, my point was that the decision to keep Cozy (or Chrysalis) in stone or release her, either way would make some ponies dissatisfied. Just like Brexit in the real world etc, whether you are for or against it and not trying to discuss whether it is good or bad, you have to agree that whatever the governemnt does (no-deal, some deal, cancel everything and rejoin) will have some people disliking it - there is no decision that would please everybody. 

For Twilight Sparkle to sum up, she suffered from being the Chosen One trope for the entire series. Starlight Glimmer in her conflict with TS in their season finale pointed it out.

Also Twilight starts off from a higher position as someone who is out of touch with the rest of the world.

Edited by Singe