Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weirdest Nightmare?

Emerald Heart

I'm curious... what has been your weirdest nightmare you've ever had? From the frightening to the "Why did that even scare me?" kind. 

I have a few, but I'll summarize them:

• Trapped in a padded room sitting on a stool holding a hedgehog that begins to multiply. Every time a new hedgehog appears, the room gets smaller. (Keep in mind: there are no windows and no doors). 
  • A group of people running behind a curtain and getting caught in this parallel universe where everyone is half goat and half fish. They don't swim, they just... float on dry land. Never touch the ground. What'd weird is that my dream had upped the scariness by adding some weird effect. The group tried to get out by escaping through the red curtain in which they had used to enter, but the other side was just a different part of the goat-fish town. They were trapped. (This a reoccurring one). 

I will share more if y'all share yours! 

• Brohoof 1

I always remember this one (it was years ago, potentially even over a decade ago now)

The dream starts with me being pregnant. I'm in a hospital lobby in a wheelchair, so it seems like the time to go into labor is soon. Family is all around, excited. But there's one face in the crowd that I identify as my...boyfriend. The father most likely. He is a person that my mind completely made up. Even factoring in that I'm a lesbian, this is far from the weirdest part of the dream.

It's there when the dream begins to go down the nightmare road. It was so cartoonish that it wasn't really scary, but still, a very weird dream. Anyway, suddenly a dark figure that resembled a mix between Disney's Maleficent and the villain from Samurai Jack appears and starts chasing after me. The fact that I'm in a wheelchair doesn't disappear, though. Someone is behind frantically pushing me away from this figure. I remember being pushed through tons of blocks in the city. The city resembled a town from a late 90s/early 00s cartoon like The Powerpuff Girls. And that's where it ends.

Lol.

I've had some legitimately scary nightmares, but none of them have that element of ridiculousness like the one above. lol

When I was kid, I watched the first, original Terminator movie and got so scared of the robot after he shed his human skin, I actually started having nightmares about the Terminator himself. Didn't last very long, but it still happened.

Not only was it a dumb thing to have nightmares about, but I saw the sequel way before I saw the original, and that movie never gave me nightmares before. I think the CGI they used to animate that robot in some shots was more ghostly/supernatural than the creators intended.

The scariest for me are deeply personal, usually concerning the safety of my pets.

The weirdest isn't mine but my youngest brother's. Him, my other brother, and myself were all sleeping in the same room one weekend when I went to visit. He woke up crying in the middle of the night which in turn woke us up. At first I felt bad and tried to console him by asking him what he was having a nightmare over. The kid was dreaming about a talking hamburger, and that scared him. He was much more imaginative than that and had seen far worse by that point, so we groaned and went back to sleep. He was laughing about it by morning and still does to this day.

In this really weird nightmare I had a week or two back, I was at my house and a stage was prepared on my neighbor from across the street's front yard. people start to get on stage except they're not actually people...

They're anthropomorphic horses. From the neck down, they look perfectly human except for having that coat of fur horses have and the heads... They looked exactly horse-like but their "manes" were perfectly human. Don't worry, they were fully clothed from neck to toe. They got on stage to sing and dance. The dancers were all women. At some point an ordinary pony showed up on stage and one of the dancers lifted it up, held it on her shoulder as she spun around. Yeah. An anthro horse with the build of a jogger somehow managed to hold up a pony that on average weigh as much as three people with one arm like it was an empty water jug.

When I dream, I'm usually gullible as all hell but this... I had to call BS.

Edited by Remnants

I used to have a recurring nightmare when I was little, involving a pink plastic ventriloquist dummy of an old lady who was always chasing me. No matter where I tried to hide she always found me and said, “Aha!” and came after me. She was relentless and could transform into a stylized train locomotive that could defy gravity so there was nowhere I could go to escape her. I finally decided that they were my dreams so I could decide what went on in them and confronted her the next time she showed up. I turned her into a pile of old soup cans and she never returned again.

I’ve also had dreams about being crushed by huge weights or gravitational pressure which were recurring for a long time but eventually subsided.

And I had nightmares about drowning for almost a year after I got caught in an undertow at the beach and nearly drowned for real.   

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

When I was merely 3-4 years old I had a dream that it was really dark out and for some reason we had to go to McDonald's, I was against it but we ended up going anyways, all the lights were off and it was really eerie, we pulled up to the drive thru and it was The Muppets from Sesame Street, they asked if "I wanted to die" or if I wanted something with "death" and it scared the hell out of me, I was only a kid, considerably a "baby", we pulled around and they were standing in the dark eeriely but we went past and I swear there was blood smeared on the window, however this was McDonald's, and it could have been some creepy cruel elaborate joke with Ketchup, but blood would have definitely fit the aesthetic... 

Another one I was about 7-9 I am unsure exactly, which TO THIS DAY makes it ever creepier and that will make sense in a minute... anyways it took place in a more industrialized version of my hometown, there was a lot more Hussle and bustle, but since I was a child I was a lot more impressionable and took a lot of dreams seriously/contemplated them deeply, (I remember MANY of my dreams). Anyways near where my favorite park used to be was now a giant factory, with HUGE smoke stacks that extended into the sky, the smoke stacks being a third or half the size of skyscrapers, and in the huge clouds of smoke was a giant digital clock, and mind you, each of this smoke stacks was colored and resembled cigarettes...but a over this digital clock it was written in the sky, "You will die In" and I can't remember the exact numbers which freaks me out but it had, years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds, and it was written in the sky in this weird industrial world and it freaked me out when I was a little kid.. 

I had some other ones like about being in this world where there were giant insects but the insects were all like people, and this giant stick bug I remember, literally towering over me pushed me out of his way, but it was like a society of giant bugs, and humans were living along side them but we were like a third of their size at best, some of them were literal monsters, and there were a lot more trees and it was freaky 

I was a child in this endless plane, crying for my mother, it was raining. And I knew there was nothing. I had no mother, or father. Because nothing had been created, yet. And I knew that no matter how much I walked, I would never find anyone else. Because I was the source?

I don't know if it was true. But it haunts me. It makes me very afraid - this pit of black tar inside my stomach. The feeling of seeing "myself" inside other people's eyes since childhood. And then the bible speaking about this solitary creator hovering over the face of the waters. It is so scary; that notion. A sense of loss and loneliness so deeply ingrained within myself, it keeps me from forming meaningful bonds with people. Because the fear of loss is that great. It gnaws at your mind and corrodes your sanity. Tearing at your heart like a cancerous "awereness" that follows you around no matter how far you run. A shadow with a voice. "Do you remember me?" It says on repeat. "No, "get out!" I start yelling to myself at night. "Get out, get out, get out". The fear is all too real.

Afraid of company, afraid of loneliness. I am a paradox without answer. I punch at my navel. But the blackness grows within me, like a bubbling disease. A void threatening to consume everything I know and love. These are my night terrors. Just a bad dream. You are never alone. Everything is gonna be alright. Rest, child. Close your eyes and sleep well. Find solace in the well-being of others and rest in peace. We all die.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 5 months later...

A Star Wars nightmare:sunny:  The Imperial alarm was going off.  I was flying an Imperial Lambda-class Shuttle with a badly damaged and fiery leftwing, the Sonic Adventure emblem achievement chime would go off on a few occasions.  Some ladies on a hologram would mock me for being incapable of flying it.  However, thanks to some searchlights during the night coming from an Imperial city, an Imperial officer's encouraging hologram message and the emblem chime, I got the courage to grab the controls, fly and land the Shuttle to safety:mlp_smug: