Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Jumaneji: The End of the Rainbow Serpent.

TBD

Here's my Daring Do fiction, "Jumaneji: The End of the Rainbow Serpent." I'm going to spit it in pages since it's pretty long.

Page 1:

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash got excited when she received a letter from the world's greatest author, Daring Do. She squealed as she opens the letter wondering what’s the letter about.

The letter said

Dear Rainbow Dash, I am sending you this letter in case I don’t come back. Just a few days ago I’ve discovered something usual. A relic of some sort. Rumors said that it doesn’t exist. The relic is called Jumaneji, an interesting name. Good news, I found it, hidden in the deepest center of a temple. Ever since then, something about this relic gives me this strange vibe. I’d hear drums playing in my head and not knowing where it came from. I flew around the house and outside, trying to find where that drum beating is coming from. I flew back in and there it is, the relic now places itself at the front. It begins to glow, and the drum banging becomes louder and louder. Out of panic, I hooved kick it and the drums stopped at it hit the wall. I think I know how to crack it.

I have a feeling someone is watching me, I guess I’m not the only one after it. Not surprised. I must act fast. I’m asking you Rainbow Dash, something is afoot and I can’t stay here long enough to explain more. 

Daring Do.

Rainbow Dash turns over the letter to the back confused and hoping there’s more. Blank.

“Something afoot?” Rainbow dash thought to herself, “what could Daring Do mean by that? She’s probably in trouble!”

Rainbow zoom and started packing. As she was packing her stuff a knock from her door startled her.

Page 2:

Spoiler

“Rainbow Dash! It’s me Pinkie!!! Have you forgotten our game night?!” Pinkie pie’s voice squealed in a high pitch.  “Oh, and I hope you don’t mind me bringing some friends over too!!!”

Rainbow Dash smacks her hoof on her forehead. She has forgotten about their game night. 

“Just a second Pinkie!”

RD flew down and to the front. She opens the door and saw Pinkie with her wide smile and behind her which to Rainbow Dash surprise, Discord, Princess Luna, and Spike. 

“Princess Luna?! Wha- what are you doing here??” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Yeah we here too, thanks.” Spike pointed out.

“I can’t pass a game night or any game ‘I that matter” princess Luna smile.  “although I couldn’t help it yet to eavesdropping a bit when pinkie pie hither was singing how fun a game night had been. ”

Rainbow Dash stared at the group.

“Sorry Pinkie Pie but the game night has to be canceled. I have this urgent news from Daring Do and it seems she’s in trouble.”

Everyone but Discord gasped.

“Pfft, what else is new?” Discord rolls his eyes. “Although….this sounds like another trouble I will be happy to get involved in.” Discord smiling deviously as he rubbed his goatee.

“What sort of trouble? We can help!” Princess Luna stepping in.

Rainbow Dash wanted to refuse but knowing her friends, except Discord, of course, a helping hoof won’t hurt.

“Alright, we’re going over at her place and I’ll tell you guys the rest along the way!” Rainbow Dash explained everything to her friends as they made their way to Daring Do’s house.

“I’ve read about this relic known as Jumaneji.  Although it’s just only a rumor…or so methought.  Thy friend, Daring Do is something. ” Luna said as they walked inside Daring Do’s house.

The house was a mess, broken tables and papers scattered all over the place as if there has been a fight. But laying there in the middle of all the messes is a Jumaneji relic.  Pinkie bounced over and bent down to examine it.  Her Pinkie sense is tingling. 

Page 3:

Spoiler

“I sense bad vu ju!” Pinkie smiles with excitement! “I think we have found our culprit!”

Princess Luna used her magic to lift the relic and concentrate it in trying to break the code Daring Do has mentioned in the letter.  All a sudden the relic begins to glow and it immense a hologram-like screen-almost like a video game screen.

“Choose your player,” it said.  The section is shown five different players with five roles assigned to them. Archaeologist, Zoologist, Cartographer, Doctor, and Martial art expert.

Everyone froze and at the same amazed by it. 

Oooohooooh!” Pinkie jumping up and down in excitement. “I will choose hmm…Zoologist! Even though I knew nothing about it, but it reminds me of this delicious Zoo cake I made today!”

“Martial art expert sound more like me” Spike exclaimed as he pretends to do some karate kick and chops.

“No way Spike!” Rainbow Dash jump in. “That’s more like my role!”

“Too late!” As Spike chooses his player.

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes. “Agh,  I’ll guess I’ll pick Archaeologist, sound like a leading role!”

“blah..” Discord said in disgust. “All the roles sound so boring and not villainy enough. But I guess I will pick cartographer since I’d love to misguide people.”

“Perhaps we should'st on a second there. ”Luna jumped in the middle of everyone’s excitement. Even though she also couldn’t help but to feel utterly excited when it comes to gaming  “We never know what this shall bring or what it doth.  We should'st bear off a bit and doth more research.  And more importantly, figuring out what happens here.”

“Relax Princess Luna, it won’t take us to a different dimension, it just a rumor. You say so yourself. It looks more like a magical video game!” Rainbow Dash said.

“I was referring to the relic itself.” Luna pointed out. “Besides we have no time for games, Daring Do is in trouble as you said so yourself.”

“Oh um Right haha” Rainbow Dash feeling embarrassed as she let her excitement get best out her.  “Alright guys, you heard the Princess,  let’s hold off a bit guys and see what we can find around here. But Is it weird that the relic is still here? You would think the bad guys would’ve taken that too.”

Page 4: 

Spoiler

“Oh, party pooper.”  Discord rolls his eyes “it has to take one person to ruin it for everyone…unless of course, you have me around.” He smirked and take Princess Luna hoof to force her to choose her player “Doctor”.

The relic begins to glow, and they can all hear the drum banging. The feeling of getting sucked in was overbearing.

IT’S A TRAP!!! Discord exclaimed, his face turns into something that looks like space alien fish. “I always wanted to say that” He turns to spike, grinning.

“Ahhhh” everyone screams as they all got sucked in.

------------

Rainbow Dash opens her eyes and groans in pain as if she has fallen out from the sky. She spotted a griffin, a breezies, a Kirin, and a donkey all laying and waking up.

“Who are they?” Rainbow Dash asked herself as she got up and stretches her wings. But something was off. She couldn’t feel her wings at all. “oh no is it broken?” she panicked and turn to check on her wings. Her wings were gone but instead saw a dragon tail and she let out a scream!

The others got spooked by her scream and Rainbow dash look around herself. Her body now a dragon, or in a dragon body. She doesn’t know which is which, all she knows she’s no longer a Pegasus.  

“What just happen?” A breezie in a tiny voice asked as he rubbed his head. “Who da? Who are you, everyone?

I’m Rainbow Dash! And you are?”  She leans over to the breezie in suspicion.

“Why should I tell a dragon who claimed herself “Rainbow Dash”? Not that I have anything against dragons since I am one.” The Breezie stood tall with pride.

“Spike?”

“yes…how did you kn-wait…”

Rainbow Dash now even more confused but it looks like she isn’t the only one.

“I believe we hast been drag into another dimension. Not only that, but I also believe we’re not ‘in our original bodies anymore yet in different bodies of the characters we choose. ” A Kirin stepping in to clear the confusion at the same time looking very concern.

Page 5:

Spoiler

Kirin’s speech sounded familiar, “Princess Luna?” Rainbow dash said. “You’re a kirin!”

“It appears so, um…Rainbow Dash(?)” Luna carefully addressing the name carefully to the dragon who said her name.  

The rest of the gang gathered in a circle and give each other a long stare.

“Alright, guys!” Rainbow Dash jump in the center of the circle to break the ice “Who’s who!”

“Well I’m Princess Luna” claimed a Kirin.

“Spike here.” claimed a breezie. “Although I’m pretty sure I chose “expert in martial art”. As he turns to look at his small weak body. Looking doubtful now.

“Pinkie pie’s present!!!” a griffin jumping up and down!

“he-haw! Discord. Guess I’m a donkey now.”

“It’s not like you never were.” snicker Rainbow Dash.

Discord gives Rainbow Dash a look and offended by her rude remarks. “We should do something about that potty mouth of yours.” He snapped his finger. Nothing happens. He snapped again two times. Still, nothing happens.  Till he realized he has hooves.  He clapped his hooves together. Still nothing.

Discord places his hooves on his cheek. “GASP! I’M DISCORDLESS! Where’s the fun in that?! This game is broken!”

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes. “Don’t be such a drama queen.”

“Where are we anyway,” Pinkie pie asked

“Dunno, but I’ll check!”  Rainbow tries to fly but couldn’t.  “Agh!” Annoyed.  “I can’t fly anymore! What kind of a dragon that is a flightless kind?”

“Ahem?” Spike looked at her raising his eyebrows.

Before anyone else could say anything, they heard a rattle coming from a bush.  Rainbow Dash being bigger than the others stepped in forward ready to attack back.  “Let test this dragon body out,” she thought to herself as she growled showing her sharp teeth.

Page 6:

Spoiler

A filly Pegasus stepped out and was wearing some sort of a tunic. She was gasping and huffing as if she was running away from something.  She stopped when she saw them. She put her hooves down as if she’s ready to charge at them.

“hah, I guess Ahuizolt upgraded up his minions. Dragon, kirin, griffin, do you worst!”

“Wow, I guess we’re not that threatening enough to be included.” Discord said sarcastically as he looks at Spike. “The irony of that” staring down at a tiny filly. “Alright bring it on pipsqueak!” Discord said playfully as he waves his hoof “bring it” as a mockery. 

“Wait! Did you just say Ahuizolt? Only Daring Do know him!” Rainbow break in the tension.

“I did.” The filly relaxed but still not putting her guard down.  “Who are you and how do you know my name?”

“GASP! Daring Do!” Rainbow Dash couldn’t believe her eyes! Not only Daring Do is now a filly dressed in tunic but the fact she also got dragged in the game. That’s probably what’ve happened!

“It’s me, Rainbow Dash! This is Discord, Princess Luna, Spike, and Pinkie.” I guess we’re all stuck here now.”

Daring Do eyes beam, happy and glad to see her friend Rainbow Dash, even though she’s now a dragon. Lucky. Being a filly wasn’t easy for Daring Do especially there are strong enemies ahead.   “Technically yes, but there’s a way out too.”

“Huh?”

“Since this like a game, to get out you’ll have to win.”  Daring Do signed and Rainbow Dash sense she probably has been through a lot. 

Princess Luna came in, “Daring Do yes? Could you tell us what’s all this about?”

Daring Do stares at the group and felt bad for having all of them getting involved but deep-down relief to see some helping hoofs. Afterall Rainbow Dash has taught her to never be afraid to ask for help. 

“Ahuizolt and his minions attacked me at my place after they heard about the relic being discovered.  Then something bizarre happen. The relic glows and drum begin to play. The next thing we knew we were all got dragged in and I woke up in this body. I might’ve chosen a “village mare” as my character. Anyways when I gained my senses back, I saw a group of giant bats who called themselves Camazotz.  Their leader is bigger than his minions was instructing them to keep digging.  I allow myself to move closer to hear what’s the commotion about.  I overheard the leader mentioning something about searching for a Rainbow Serpent to ties both dimensions together. I think he means this dimension and our world. The boss chuckle and said “Ahuizolt will rule them all.” That last thing I heard before they spotted. I want to fight but my body is too weak and helpless. I made a run for it. I have been hiding ever since. Also trying to get used to this new world. And now here I am. A useless filly I guess.”

Page 7: 

Spoiler

There were silences. Rainbow Dash can feel the pain Daring do is feeling, the feeling of helplessness.

*whistle* Spike broke the silence.

Rainbow Dash wants over to Daring Do and place her hoo-dragon hand on her back. “hey don’t worry we got your back Daring Do! We just need to figure out their plan and counterattack it!”

“Thanks, Rainbow Dash, but this game is not like any other game. It’s dangerous and too risky. I have to do this alone and end this game.”

Rainbow Dash can read Daring Do like a book; well she did read all her books 10th times. She knows when Daring Do doesn’t mean what she said.

“Look whether you like it not, we’re coming right guys?”

Her friends nodded in agreement.

“Plus this is going to be fun!!” Pinkie pie shouted excitedly. “Dangerous but fun!” Although now that I think about it. If this is a game and we are the player who’s playing us? Or are we just here controlling ourselves but that will defeat the whole purpose of gaming. Now I begin to wonder if my pet Gummy was right along about characters in the game DOES have a mind of their own and forever pandering about the existence as a player without no meaning except being used like a pawn to win the game and when the whole thing is over they have started over and over and over-

Okay Pinkie Pie we get…” Rainbow does not have the slightest clue what she’s talking about. “Alright, Daring Do what do we have to do?”

Daring Do takes something out from her small bag, a half-ripped map. “This was from Ahuzizolt before I made a run, I took the map. But one of his minions grub the hold on the other side and it ripped. From the look of it this the map is going to tell us where to find these missing artifacts that will help us get to the Rainbow Serpent. I’m not sure how this will tie to us winning the game and getting home, but I have a good feeling it does. “

“I hast read something about a rainbow serpent myth,” Luna said as she rubbed her chin trying to remember the myth. “The rainbow serpent is known for giving life and divinity. I hast an ill feeling about this Ahuziolt thou speaks of. He might crave to bend the rule once he gets his hands on it.”

Page 8: 

Spoiler

“Ohhh I like the sound that!” Discord grin widely. Everyone glares at him. “Pfft, of course, it won’t fun without Discord.” Discord crosses his arms on his chest.

“Anyways I think you’re right kirin-“

“Princess Luna” Luna smiles.

“Yes Luna that’s why we have to track these half of the missing artifacts before it will fall into the wrong hands and I have no doubts Ahuziolt and his minion will be searching for this.” She waves the map. “But first thing first, to play the game you guys have to understand how it works.”

“Ohh here cometh the fun part!” Luna grin ear to ear. “I mean, *ahem* continue” She resumes her posture while smile nervously after her excited outbreak.

Daring Do chuckle and resumed “Well each of us has our own skill sets and weakness. To know what that is, concentrate and think about your character. Like this.” Daring Do look up to the sky and said in a firm confident voice. “village mare file open.” The same magical hologram immense.

It said

“Village mare resident”

Species: Pegasus

Skill set: Sixth sense around their surroundings. Surviving skills.  

Tools: A bag and a fighting stick.

Weakness: poison.

“Now you guys try.”

The rest did the same as how Daring Do did hers and at once their character’s information appeared. 

Rainbow Dash: Archaeologist 

Species: Dragon

Skillset: Good sense of finding things, puzzle, and athletic. 

Tools: Anything that can be picked up 

Weakness: Height and Water.

“But flying is my thing!!!” whimpered Rainbow Dash.

Princess Luna: Doctor

Species: Kirin

Skillset: healing from any injuries.

Tool: Doctor bag that carries food and water and medicine

Weakness: vulnerability 

“Vulnerability? O what’s else is new for this princess?” Luna said sarcastically as she scoffs.

Discord: Cartographer

Species: Donkey

Skillset: Can read maps and good sense directions.

Tools: compress

Weakness: Fire and insects

“yawnnnn boring..” moaned Discord.

Spike: Martial artist expert

Species: Breezie

Skillset: Martial art and can squeeze in tight places.

Tools: punch and kick

Weakness: rain and almost everything due to their small sizes.

“Almost everything?! What that supposed to mean?” Paranoid Spike hides inside Pinkie’s bag. “This is not what I was expecting when I picked a Martial art expert!”

Pinkie Pie: Zoologist.

Species: Griffin

Skillset: Knowledge of animals and insects

Tools: a bag to carries things.

Weakness: no agility, no strength, no speed, and cake. 

“Hey, that’s my weakness too, cakes!”  Pinkie licks her lip in bliss “I can’t say no to cakes!”

Page 9:

Spoiler

‘Okay guys, now that you all know what you’re capable of and against just remember we’re giving three lives.” Daring Do tone changes into all seriousness.  “If we lost all three lives, game over.”

“Eh what happen after game over?” Spike poked his head out from the bag

“I don’t know, but by “game over” it could mean you’ll be either be stuck here forever or cease to exist.”

The last part kills the “fun” part of the game.

“But don’t worry” Daring Do amps her serious tone into a more optimistic tone. “If we work together and also help each other’s we can win this!”

Rainbow Dash always admired Daring Do but it’s not like every day she gets to hear a pep talk from her and that got her excited and more confident than ever.

“She’s right guys and beside the fate of the Equestria is in our hands now!  We won’t let Ahuizolt win and rule it!” Rainbow stood next to Daring Do.

“Yes for the Equestria! Even though unlike my sister, adventuring out is not my specialty but I, Princess Luna it is my duty to protect it at all cost!” Princess Luna raises her Canterlot voice.

“Okay well, it’s not like we’re going to bail out or anything. So, there’s no need for all that cliché pep talk. Besides having any chances to ruin someone’s fun is always be my pleasure. “Discord mischievously smiling.

Daring Do feeling grateful and despite of this group may seem feeble compared to Ahuizolt and his minion, she knows that they have this in the bag.  And of course, she trust Rainbow Dash and her judgment in counting on others to help.

“Alright then!” Daring Do jump in and ready to lead the group. “Let’s-

“ALLONS-Y!!” Doctor Luna shouted in excitement. Awkward silence “Sorry, I don’t know why I quoth that(?)” 

Everyone laughs as they headed up into the deep forest in a search of the missing artifacts that will lead them to the Rainbow Serpent. And to stop Ahuizolt and his minion from using to rule both the Jumanejii world and the Equestria.

Page 10:

Spoiler

“Um excuse me, guys.” Pinkie interrupted. “I don’t know about your guys but I’m starving! Say Luna do you have food in your medical bag?”

“I guess so?” Princess Luna opens her doctor's bag and pulls out a fruit, vegetable, and a cupcake.

“Ohh cupcake how convenient!” Pinkie takes the cupcake from Luna’s hoof.

WAIT! PINKIE DON’T! Daring Do shouted.

Pinkie shoved the cupcake into her mouth and swallow it. Lick the frost from her lips and grin. “Now that hit the spot.”

Silences.

“Now Daring Do what were you goi- BOOOM!!!

“PINKIE PIEEEEE!”

Pinkie pie disappears and the only thing left is just pink smokes.

Discord waving his hoof to push the smoke away and coughing.  “Well, that takes the cake.”

Spoiler

Don't worry Pinkie is alright. she got two lives left.

Moment of silence they hear pinkie pie from the sky.

“AhhhhWEEEEEE!” Pinkie pie laugh as she falls out from the sky. She landed on Discord with a big “Off!”

“That cake was a wowzer!” she put on a large grin.

Extra: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I can imagine this being played out. Princess Luna vs one of the Minion 

One of the minions to Princess Luna: "And who are you suppose to be??"

Princess Luna: "I AM...THE DOCTOR!"

"Doctor who?"

*Luna lands a karate kick to his face!*

• Brohoof 2