Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How much toilet paper do you still have left?

Muffinnz

21 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

5 and a half boxes.

And this was before the virus hit. 

Same. I buy household goods and toiletries in bulk from BJ’s so I’ve not been impacted. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Megas said:

My parents bought one of those bulk-Costco packs right before the craze started(not out of fear, they've been buying these for like, the last 5 years). So we should be good for a while

Scratch that, we still have half a pack left on top of the new one

• Brohoof 1

Usually we just buy a pack of 4-6 rolls and just buy a new pack when we're down to the last roll. A virus or an apocalypse isn't going to change that. If things get really desperate to apocalyptic levels, I'll just start using the junk mail that comes through my letter box. Not even the end of the world isn't going to stop that.

• Brohoof 3

Today I managed to snag the last tp in the aisle, before another person showed up and he looked very disappointed. I have not seen any tp for the last 4 days.

In our country, we sometimes make funny of other countries and how "stupid" they are. It turns out, by getting into this tp business, we have proven to be as stupid as the rest.

People usually walk into the store, look at the tp and then say to themselves, better buy now, before the stupid people buy them all. And that's the story!

• Brohoof 1

Worst case scenario, you could always use paper towels and napkins if you run outta toilet paper. I wouldn’t trust the structural integrity of tissue paper though...:sealed::umad:

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

Worst case scenario, you could always use paper towels and napkins if you run outta toilet paper. I wouldn’t trust the structural integrity of tissue paper though...:sealed::umad:

Support Ebay sellers. They care for the world.

You are absolutely right, paper towels are basically tp but before they cut the roll in half. You can fold them once, and they will fit (oh my god, TMI)

• Brohoof 1

Went to Safeway last night and their toilet paper shelf was empty. They also had signs up limiting how much people could get, originally saying 5 but marking it down to two. No toilet paper, no paper towels, no napkins, no flour, hardly any ground beef, rice, bagged beans (half of the canned were gone), noodles, peanut butter, frozen vegetables, ramen, and half the eggs. I was surprised they weren't out of oatmeal, Mac&Cheese, bread items, and they were completely full with daipers. I've seen pictures online where people were completely filling their carts with milk and other mass quantities of single items.

They were kind of getting low but still had some tissues and flushable wipes. Got some more of the latter, the children's variety were the better deal :ButtercupLaugh:

We still have our 12 rolls and 2 partially used packs of wipes.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure on the exact amount, but I can say safely, enough. I tend to stay stocked up on this kind of thing anyways. Of course not like the TP mafia that's been buying all of it, but enough that I usually don't have to worry about it.

• Brohoof 1

So today when I walked into the local store, they had gotten new stock of tp, and it was the good brand! I am sorry, I couldn't resist buying as much as possible.

I now understand the value of greed! :Pharynx:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

It’s such a relief to see toilet paper making a comeback in stores! My local Publix was fully stocked with it yesterday. :D We’ve got plenty of rolls now. 

Haha this thread is hilarious, I mean it's like nobody even considered using paper towels. I have plenty in stock and there are plenty in stores. So I didn't really buy into this toilet paper running out and besides there are paper towels if the toilet paper runs out.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

It’s such a relief to see toilet paper making a comeback in stores! My local Publix was fully stocked with it yesterday. :D We’ve got plenty of rolls now. 

Tell that to our local store. We only have "Tork®" brand. And it smells funny.

Tork translated to English: Whipe

I am seriously not using it, it is the worst :eww:

I still have my stash from last month. Making me one of those TP criminals! :unsure:

We have plenty in my house. When stores were in shortage, we still managed to catch some.

• 1 year later...

A little over a year after this, I'd say we have a good 20 or so packs.

Not going to drive 300 miles for 3 packages again. 6 month to a year supply on hand now. The stores even had to limit newspaper sales during that mess and some stores took apart the packages and sold them by the roll, limiting one roll at a time, which did help some. 

I remember laughing when we found out one store had stocked up on it before the shortage and basically everyone had forgotten about that store. Cheaper, plentiful, and a better selection than anyone else...until word got out but we had our start of a stockpile by then and it was towards the end of it.

(in reference to the 300 miles part) When I had found some after driving all over a few towns, at a lumberyard/contractors supply store, I had walked in and figured they might and was about to ask if they had any, when I heard a commotion coming down the main corridor.  Here there are 3 poor employees running, pushing and pulling a hand pallet cart full of toilet paper down the way, being chased by about 50 people, all asking for them to stop. They try to start some type of system, meanwhile the manager walks by me and says quietly "there's a limit of three, I'd take them while they aren't mobbing it" so I did. The cashier looked quite jealous as did quite a few people on the way to my pickup...and then I was followed for quite a ways...but that lasted us through the initial "two weeks to end it" and until we found more.

At least this shortage made a little sense, unlike the Johnny Carson joke one.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Splashee said:

Always have at least one pack spare in case I forget to buy (which I never do)

On 2020-05-09 at 7:56 AM, Splashee said:

Done to one roll. Pray to god they will get new ones in the store!!! :BornAgainBrony:

So...is the new post due to the last post? Or did you make it?