Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Air Your Grievances With COVID-19

Denim&Venöm

• The fact that we were so lax in our initial dealings with it. Now it’s too late and we just have to do our best. 
  • The CDC dropped the ball several times early on which resulted in considerable damage now.
  • People are using this as an opportunity to scam other people by saying they have a “cure”.
  • People who may have the disease are too stupid to heed the warning to “stay home if feeling sick.”
  • I keep waiting for some good news but only see bad.
  • Finally, people pulling shit like this:

402F47D8-D55C-4C1B-8CB5-F3853BC89DEE.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

The rampant panic hasn't really affected me much yet, aside from the very empty isles in stores. My company's still going strong and doesn't look like it's about to close up shop just yet.

• Brohoof 3

COVID-19 keeps letting his dog shit on my lawn. People are too damn afraid to tell him off, but I’m not. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:
  • Finally, people pulling shit like this:

402F47D8-D55C-4C1B-8CB5-F3853BC89DEE.jpeg

Why do I feel sad for this old man? They are usually the ones starting fights :(

So my main issue with COVID-19, is the fact that people don't come together to help the world get a better place. This threat is a typical example of a training exercise for the human race to fail. We are just not smart enough to deal with a simple problem.

• Brohoof 3

My biggest grievance is the fact that my grandma has barely been able to get her hands on supplies, since there's a shortage of them at stores. She's almost 80 and has diabetes, so I'm more than a bit concerned and frustrated.

We haven't personally been hit super hard yet. Mostly irritated due to the panic buying of toilet paper. We just happened to be running low right as people started raiding stores. My father was luckily able to find some at a dollar store, and also brought us some leftovers.

A closure of all restaurants and bars for my state also goes into effect tonight, effective for the next two weeks. It only applies to dine-in. Delivery and drive-thru are unaffected, but it's going to put the squeeze on our weekly Saturday lunchdates.

I feel bad for those who have been more strongly affected by this. I got off pretty lucky, and I'm grateful for that.

I think most people's problem isn't with the virus itself, but with the dumb hoarding reaction that seems to have gripped the world.

With any luck though, they will run out of space and the stores can start to hold stock again soon.

• Brohoof 2

As expected, restaurants are now shut down unless they offer some form of takeout or delivery. So now my girlfriend has to apply for (probably stingy) unemployment benefits from the state and beg for help from the landlord if she can't make rent. Only the utility companies are willing to offer a grace period until circumstances change and certain other counties are willing to suspend things like evictions. My current living situation wouldn't allow me to take her in, so now I'm especially worried. I can't imagine any place would be hiring right now except for perhaps grocery stores.

23 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Everything is sold out at the store; even stuff that isn’t all that important. Everyone is hoarding EVERYTHING (even perishables that won’t keep) like the end of the world is nigh! It’s bullsh*t! More people die of the flu every year and it has thousands more cases! This is a perfect example of something being blown into a frenzy by the media and everyone taking leave of their senses because of it. There are precautions to be taken, as with any illness, but it doesn’t mean going insane over it (and this is coming from a world-class germophobe!). And when selfish people buy up all the basic supplies in overabundance so no one else can protect themselves at all, it makes things a hundred times worse. That’s the real sickness here. I can deal with most aspects of this virus, but I don’t like the hoarding.

On top of that I work at Disneyland, which is closed now until at least April. But it’s not exactly a vacation. It’s been chaotic and difficult for a great many of us trying to keep everything orderly and functional. A regular work day sounds like a vacation after what I’ve been through today. It’s as much the psychological effect as the virus itself that’s causing so much of the hardship. I wish everyone would come to their senses and help others as well as themselves. It would make a world of difference.  

22 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Agreed on the hoarding. I’m so angry. But not for myself.

It’s because my Mom went to the store, and walked past this poor woman with like, a BRAND NEW baby. Like just days old.

And she’s just staring at this completely stripped baby aisle and just saying to herself, “What am I gonna do..?”

I can’t think about it for too long, it just makes me want to pop a vessel, I’m so mad... 

I guarantee that the CEO's of these large companies that make these products are busy lining their pockets with more gold with absolute glee because of all of this. Yay capitalism.

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I guarantee that the CEO's of these large companies that make these products are busy lining their pockets with more gold with absolute glee because of all of this. Yay capitalism.

Nah. This type of rapid bulk buying doesn’t make them money, it costs them investors, and a horrible SEC filing in the quarter after things return to normal. There is a reason companies place an emphasis on production forecasts and accountancy.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Nah. This type of rapid bulk buying doesn’t make them money, it costs them investors, and a horrible SEC filing in the quarter after things return to normal. There is a reason companies place an emphasis on production forecasts and accountancy.

I'm sure they're doing just fine regardless. They couldn't care less about what happens to the rest of us.

I work in an accounting firm so I've been watching all the talk about extending the deadline. I just finished corporates last night, so it didn't affect that at least. However, my boss stopped doing sit-down appointments so now everything has to be done via email or over the phone. If my building gets shut down, I can still work from home.

My gym has been closed until further notice. Due to my work schedule, I haven't been there in two weeks and now I don't expect to be there for another month at least.

My mom got everything she need grocery shopping last Friday in spite of most of the shelves being cleared and waiting an hour longer to get cold cuts and pay at the checkout.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/15/2020 at 4:52 PM, Megas said:

My birthday is on tuesday and my parents usually like to take me out for dinner, but COVID-19 paranoia coupled with the weather is making the chances of that more slim

We won't be going out after all, but we will be ordering take out. My parents still want to make it special

Unfortunately I'll still be working(supposed to be with overtime, but it doesn't look like to be the case anymore), which I can honestly understand given people want to stay home right now and just buy stuff online, and they've also promised to increase our pay, which is cool and all, but with how much people work in my warehouse it still puts us at huge risk

Edited by Megas

People are letting their fears get the best of them. They think that they’re going to be quarantined for months. So they buy everything in sight regardless if they need it or not. My local stores are out of pretty much everything from cereal, produce, milk, orange juice, frozen vegetables, water, toilet paper, and paper towels. 

• Brohoof 3

People need to stop overreacting to the virus. We have had plenty of other outbreaks before like the swine flu that was much worse, and WWIII didn't happen because of it. Just stock on what you may need, be alert, and hope the whole ordeal will be over soon.

• Brohoof 2

BABScon, which I was going to staff at next month, is likely getting postponed or cancelled. My siblings are out of school for 6 weeks. I work at an airport so my job is okay for now, but if domestic air travel gets shut down then my job is gone.

• Brohoof 1

And now I can add a new grievance. My dad has recommended that I cancel my vacation to San Diego. I was gonna fly out and surprise my grandma for her 80th birthday. We had a big party planned where we were gonna play out a whole detective story adventure for her. But now most of the guests can't come without being quarantined and even if I did fly in for the party, there'd be nothing to do for the other three days. Everything is shut down.  Plus there's the chance that my flight coming back could be cancelled, effecting when I get back. 

So return the costume I got. Cancel the vacation. Cash in the flight for airline credit. Continue to work where they're going AWOL on sanitation and health precautions. Go straight home since everything is closing early. Terrific :yeahno:

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And now I can add a new grievance. My dad has recommended that I cancel my vacation to San Diego. I was gonna fly out and surprise my grandma for her 80th birthday. We had a big party planned where we were gonna play out a whole detective story adventure for her. But now most of the guests can't come without being quarantined and even if I did fly in for the party, there'd be nothing to do for the other three days. Everything is shut down.  Plus there's the chance that my flight coming back could be cancelled, effecting when I get back. 

So return the costume I got. Cancel the vacation. Cash in the flight for airline credit. Continue to work where they're going AWOL on sanitation and health precautions. Go straight home since everything is closing early. Terrific :yeahno:

Plus she is 80 years ols so it's always better to not rish infecting an elderly person as they are most at risk! 

• Brohoof 2

Nothing to grieve over on my end. Don’t think I have a bright future ahead of me but who knows. Maybe it’s not as I think so. Me, my mother, my father are at risk. It’s only a matter of time when we contract it. So what the hey, I have the elusive seed known as “The Black Seed” AKA Nigella Sativa from which it along with it’s oils are known to potentially cure all kinds of illnesses/viruses/diseases regardless (natural or man-made).

https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/black-seed-remedy-everything-death

Might as well press my luck making Black Seed Tea out of this if me or any of my family members contract it. Only one way to find out.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding the Latin Scientific name of the seed in question

Things that irritate me the most are people not taking it seriously enough and people overreacting and panic buying FUCKING EVERYTHING. People whining about events being cancelled because of a pandemic are gratingly obnoxious, and people acting like "it's not big deal" are equally infuriating. This is serious. Be smart and stop being idiots!

• Brohoof 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:22 PM, Oleks said:

Almost all soccer events are cancelled, which is understandable, but still upsetting for me as a soccer fan. Even Euro 2020 can be postponed.

Some medical supplies became deficit, because people buy everything in panic.

Other than that, things are not that bad for me. I work from home now, which I quite like, and I usually don't go outside if I don't have to, so nothing has changed for me in this aspect.

Leeds United fan. Top of The Championship, about to be promoted to the Premier League after a 16 year absence, season currently abandoned. There’s a fear if it’s void we’ll lose our manager, best players and be set back to square one. 

Of course that could be the least of my worries in the coming months. I have Auntie’s and Uncle’s that smoke, an Auntie with MS, and grandparents of course. Also work in Elderly Care, terrified it could mean the untimely end of some service users.

Also, my sister was meant to get married in Puglia in early June, that’s already looking doubtful :(

• Brohoof 2