Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Air Your Grievances With COVID-19

Denim&Venöm

On one hand, gas prices are fantastic right now, and my college may end up making that course I'm planning to take in the summer an online class instead of making me go all the way to the main campus.  On the other, my buzz is being killed left and right.  I can't sit in restaurants or cafes, and I can't even go to a movie with friends.  My friends and I have decided to cancel our usual soirees, so even that's out.  On the plus side, I guess there will be a lot of time to catch up on binge gaming and pony comics now.  I guess I won't be so busy with life that I don't have time for much else.  I am still able to work, but I have less of it currently.  Otherwise, I guess I'll revert back to my old indoorsy habits.  

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, AlbaTross said:

On one hand, gas prices are fantastic right now, and my college may end up making that course I'm planning to take in the summer an online class instead of making me go all the way to the main campus.  On the other, my buzz is being killed left and right.  I can't sit in restaurants or cafes, and I can't even go to a movie with friends.  My friends and I have decided to cancel our usual soirees, so even that's out.  On the plus side, I guess there will be a lot of time to catch up on binge gaming and pony comics now.  I guess I won't be so busy with life that I don't have time for much else.  I am still able to work, but I have less of it currently.  Otherwise, I guess I'll revert back to my old indoorsy habits.  

Why are gas prices fantastic right now?

And I do have a lot of games to play and TV shows to stream. And I can still do my job. It's outside, but human contact is minimal

I don’t have that many issues with the virus directly so far, but instead what became of my work. We are being overworked more than usual, including only one off day a week :(. Worst of all, I can no longer make “I’m not being paid enough for this” because I’ll get paid 10% more next week on top of my already neat salary :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm worried about some of my college roommates who are still in the student apartments right now because they are international students who are basically stuck... I'm just hoping they can get what they need and if not imma scrounge together what I can and drive back up to help them out as long as the authorities don't restrict travel too much.

Well, I just lost my job tonight. They will not be giving me paid leave, and I am up a creek. I have a college semester coming up I need to pay for, also it's looking like me and my boyfriend won't be able to see each other like we had planned. It is definitely putting an unhealthy strain on our relationship in fact I feel as if we are slowly but surely falling apart. :worry: I have been trying to stay as positive as I can but I am slowly crumbling and it's not fun. 

• Brohoof 1

A lot of ponies don't know  how to take care of themselves better. the problem is I guess their mother's never told them to wash their hands every time they take a piss or blow their nose and cough that how evil unicorns spread the Discord virus of chaos. If only ponies at work would wash their hands in the bathrooms and the only reason we have virus we the ponies are causing the germs on are planet you call Equestria ! " So now at my workplace corporate said at Oreilly auto parts today we can no longer can do Wiperblade installions, Engine light checks, help with testing batteries and Customers can't use our Restrooms !

Well it is also making it increasingly obvious that the mainstream politicians and news outlets as well as WHO officials can't always be blindly trusted.

The grievance part of course is the implication of that, and not the fact it's something I already knew (even the WHO part with the whole "Video Game Addiction" debacle).

Edited by Angel_Dust

OMG people in my country, the capital is full of people, at cafeterias and restaurants. It's madness! I wasn't in town, but Facebook pictures tells the full story!

I predict, by logic, that the spread of the virus from this day alone will cause the medical centers to be overloaded, in less that 2 weeks. My prediction.

As an example, if I get an illness that is life threatening, and I need to go to a hospital, there will be too many corona cases that they will never get to me in time. This is why you also have to think about your general health, and not just being infected with Coronavirus.

And also, our local store has no toilet paper or paper towels at all! They will get a new shipment on Tuesday, and I know that because I asked. Now, they said I was not the only one who asked this question.

• Brohoof 2

Getting pretty fucking tired of being reminded of this everywhere I go. Every application I use, almost every website, nearly everything feels the need to jam this shit in my face. I was on Spotify a bit ago and even they are showing a notice about it when you login. I use Spotify to listen to music, not be reminded for the 10 millionth fucking time about how the world is going to total shit.

• Brohoof 3

My job is still going on but they shorten our hours thankfully and when we close I go on a clean EVERYTHING shift.  But its like bosses or dpt manager act like this virus is not a real thing,  which kinda pisses me off a bit.   Most if not all my social acts have been shut down given most of it centers around writing and book clubs,  just if I get this thing, I can sit it out.  Just I do live with older parent and do not get me wrong.  My mom is a hardy soul but we already made a plan if things get bad,   she will head to nice cabin in the woods while I have to stay for my job sadly.   

I think another thing I'll add is that since the whole COVID-19 getting a foothold in the US thing, I've started to find it more and more difficult to find a job... I now live in a city with over 130,000 people and I've had to look sometimes as long as an entire hour to find a job I can apply for, and even then the postings are not really new postings.

I also think that it may be possible my boyfriend is starting to get a bit of cabin fever or something, and coronavirus may have something to do with it. So I suppose it's also plausible that it's putting a strain on our relationship now that we pretty much never go out of the house at all, not even for the occasional walk, anymore. :worry: I mean for the past almost day now he's been quite obviously upset, supposedly not with me, though he said that in a very passive-aggressive way.

Edited by Angel_Dust

I was thinking about going to a Smash Ultimate tournament this April but everything is shut down now, and the biggest tournaments are happening in the inferior environment of online Smash. Hopefully this situation ends soon, especially by August because I want to watch Evo.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, Will Guide said:

Why are gas prices fantastic right now?

And I do have a lot of games to play and TV shows to stream. And I can still do my job. It's outside, but human contact is minimal

I don't know much about what goes on in the oil industry, but it has something to do with the Saudis flooding the market so the price of oil is really low.

Whether one is able to work or not right now seems to hinge on the capacity for social distance.  Some people are really affected and others are not.  I hope for everyone's sake this madness doesn't drag on for too long, but I hear it's projected to continue for at least another month, if not longer.  

Other than getting sick from it, Coronavirus has also forced me to stop working and earning income as well as forcing me to not be able to see my boyfriend. It really sucks and I can’t wait for everything to go back to normal. 

The WHO and the Chinese government's handling of it... Seriously, if either of them had a shred of humanity they'd realize that covering up a virus for WEEKS is wrong. But nope. Or better yet they wouldn't try to shut Taiwan up when they try to talk. But yet again China downright hates Taiwan and the WHO is paid off to act like they don't exist so... :dry:

Out local store just had a fire this morning. It smelled like smoke all day, and fire trucks driving by. It was in the first hour when only old people are allowed to shop. My guess is, two old people started fighting over the last toilet paper, and it self combusted. Yep, I believe my own lies. :unsure:

So our local store is closed for days. This is going to be difficult.... Very difficult :nom:

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard about the "G5 causes Corona" bullsh*t stories. OMG, news spreads faster than the virus, and especially screwed up paranoid untrue stories. There are so many paranoid people in this world, that will help carry a fake story, until it gets so big it could become a problem. Don't let yourself get swept up in a news story without checking the source first.

I had a little bit of a laugh at this video:

Spoiler

My life hasn’t changed much.  I still go to work and come home like I’ve always done.  Except now I have to travel 3 hours away once a month for work to help at their other location which isn’t in a very nice location.  :dry:

But I still have a job so I’ll stop whining. 

Im ready for it to be over though.  I miss going to see movies and going out to eat with my friend.

• Brohoof 2

New cases has started to drop in our capital. This might be good news, as many people will take that as it is safe to get out in the sun. I am pretty sure the cases will start going up again as a result of people being too impatient :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

You know, looking back at the older posts, a lot of them aged very poorly.

Now that the virus has gotten considerably more severe in the US, trips outside are basically either to walk the dog or buy groceries. My dad still has his job and is able to work from home, but the economy as a whole is not doing well and there are several friends that have lost their jobs. Some of the restaurants are at risk of bankruptcy, and most of the "small business" loans failed to even get to them. And now there are anti-lockdown "protests" going on in California. It might get far worse here before the virus finally starts to slow.

• Brohoof 1