Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Air Your Grievances With COVID-19

Denim&Venöm

Things are stabilizing here in Colorado. Governor Polis wants to lift the "stay-at-home" order in favor of a "safer at home" order, effective next Monday. People will be encouraged to stay home (no longer "ordered" to), but other than that, most social distancing measures will stay in place and certain businesses will start to reopen with extreme precautions.

Now, I feel the pain of people who have lost their jobs. My girlfriend is just one person close to me who has had to file for unemployment. Small businesses are struggling, and many are projected to go under. But easing up this early doesn't sit well with me because there seems to be no plan to adequately increase testing before letting everybody loose. I can tell many people aren't going to care about staying home as long as it's only a recommendation. Everyone is stir-crazy. And there is evidence that rushing back into normal life without adequate testing and contact tracing can cause a new spike in cases... the situation in Hokkaido, Japan is one example:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52305055

But anyways...

I miss my girlfriend. Every day I miss her more. I wish I was in a situation where I could wait this out with her but I can't.

Edited by Prospekt