Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A DJ's New Housemate (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC HERE

@Catpone Cerberus

It was early morning, and the cybernetic like mare known as Serenity Phase was busy getting the house ready for her new housemate. Sadly her last housemate had to leave to help their elderly parents, leaving her to be by herself, which was one thing she didn't like. She had just finished preparing the new housemate's room and was playing some of her tunes while playing a game on her laptop in the living room.

@AzureMoon
Emerald Tinker arrived to Canterlot train station very early in the morning, he hoped his new housemate didn't mind his early arrival, but he could always spend time in the city if they did, it wasn't like he had that much stuff with him. He had found a small business space from Canterlot where he could start selling the results of his tinkering more efficiently, as the Ponyville residents could only buy so much, so he had figured he could move there as well, since there really wasn't any reason to stay in the smaller town.

He was pulling a small cart with boxes in it and was carrying three similar boxes on his back, holding them in place with four of his six metal-limbs that were attached to a armor-like metal that covered his torso. Around early morning to mid morning there was a rather metallic knock on Serenity's door. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would hear the knock upon her door and would save and pause her game. She'd get up from her sofa and go to the door, opening it, and upon seeing the stallion at her door, she would smile. "You must be Emerald Tinker, my new housemate?" She would ask, not even blinking at the sight of his extra arms, leading him inside of the house."It's good you came early, I need to duck out to the shops soon, so you came in time for me not to miss you as you arrived." she says, leading him up the stairs to his room, all the while giving him a tour of the house. 

@AzureMoon
Tinker nodded with a friendly smile to confirm Serenity's question, he was bit surprised when he saw her but he did his best to not show it as he didn't want to be rude. He looked around as he entered "So you're Serenity Phase, It's nice to meet you, I'm glad my early arrival wasn't any trouble, wouldn't want to wake anypony up." sure with this new revelation about his new housemate he wasn't sure if she was the kind to sleep, but he decided to ignore such details for now since again, he didn't want to be rude. 

When they reached the stairs, the two extra arms that were free moved under the cart and lifted it up. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would smile and nod "I am indeed Serenity Phase, or as some call me, DJ Phase" she'd say with a chuckle "That's what I do for work, I'm a DJ and a video game streamer" she'd say before looking to him, "You may want some noise cancelling earbuds or headphones, I tend to stay up late and wake up early"

@AzureMoon
"DJ Phase, I think I have heard that name before, but I haven't seen you perform" Tinker said thoughtfully "And no worries about the noise, I'm also an early bird and my tinkering sometimes keeps me awake way too long." he then added with a smile, he could also build himself something noise cancelling if he needed it.

@Catpone Cerberus

She smiles "Great, then our schedules shouldn't clash too much then" she says as they arrive at the door down the back of the hall. "This is your room, and as I mentioned in the ad, it is fully furnished, and you may decorate it as you wish."

She then smiles "rent is fifty bits a week, plus your half of utility bills and food"

• Brohoof 1

@AzureMoon
Tinker nodded "Understood." and as he said it one of the arms let go from the boxes and opened the door "I'm positive we will get along well." he then continued with a smile, he had previously lived alone so he wasn't fully sure what else to respond. As he was talking with Serenity, his arms unloaded the boxes inside the room, for now only stacking them close to the door where there was room. "Do you want the rent paid each week or do you prefer longer time frame at once?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well it's mostly just to help me pay the rates as I own the house" she would say "I am not struggling, I mostly just wanted a housemate to have some company so..." she would think for a moment "What would suit you best, Emerald?" she'd ask with a soft smile "so long as you keep up payments, you should be alright" she'd say "I can have breakfast made soon, so I'll leave you to unpack" 

@AzureMoon
"I'll start with a weekly payments and let's see if there's a need to increase the time frame later?" Tinker offered, he wanted to show he was trustworthy and ultimately it didn't matter to him how often he would have to pay, since he would still make sure he would have enough for it weekly. He nodded as Serenity dismissed herself and would start unpacking when he was alone. 

@Catpone Cerberus

The room was pretty spacious, having carpeted floors, a large four poster queen size bed, a walk in wardrobe and two glass doors that were covered by curtains that opened up to a small balcony.

Serenity had hoped that the room was to his liking while she would wind up in the kitchen, making some pancakes and hashbrowns for their breakfast. She sighs as she looked around the kitchen, she wasn't exaggerating when she said she needed to get some things, as her previous hosuemate had also taken a lot of the food, for some reason. Truth was, she didn't really like the mare who had moved in previous, she was a little shifty.

@AzureMoon
Having six arms with four hooves, it didn't take too long for Tinker to unpack his stuff and put it in order, some personal stuff and few outfits into the wardrobe, his tinkering stuff around and on to a desk, and other miscellaneous things mainly to those two places. He then put the empty boxes into the wardrobe out of sight and set his cart one the balcony for now. He then made his way to the kitchen carrying a paper bag of miscellaneous food items with him. "I brought few things with me, there's condiments like salt and pepper among some canned food and apple juice, it's not much but I figured it was better to bring them with me instead of throwing them away."

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would hear him coming down the stairs and after he spoke, she would nod "Well, it's always nice when a new housemate brings something" she would say "Unfortunately, my previous housemate cleaned out the kitchen almost" she'd say with a shake of her head "I never really liked her to be honest, sketchy mare her" she would say, then turn to Emerald "Well I was able to make pancakes and hashbrowns" she as she plates up the food "we can decide on what we want to buy during eating"

@AzureMoon
"Sounds like a unpleasant mare, I can understand taking some of the food but most of it? That's just rude." Tinker commented as he took everything out of the bag, leaving them on the counter for now since he didn't know yet what was the correct place for them, exception being the apple juice that he put on the table for them to drink. "And that sounds like it will be delicious." he then said with a smile, it was weird to have food made for him, but he figured he could repay it later. He would wait for Serenity to be ready before proceeding to sit at the table, bit unnecessary maybe but he wanted to be polite. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would nod "I wouldn't be surprised if she stole from me" she would say then shake her head before serving up the food and sitting down, placing two glasses down "Eat up" she would say with a smile and begun to cut her pancake into pieces, "So Emerald, I think it best we discuss food shopping" she would say, biting her piece of pancake, chewing it a moment and swallowing it, "I normally go once a week, my previous housemate and I had an agreement that she'd put half in, and would write down what she'd like for hte week, not just food wise but meal wise"

@AzureMoon
Tinker nodded as he took a piece of his pancake "We can use the same system if you want" he offered "But we could also share the shopping visits, I'll need to go buy materials and take things to sell to my store anyway, so it would be only fair if I went to the shop too" he suggested before he took another piece "In fact that goes for all chores, I don't know how actively my predecessor¨helped you with the house, but I'd like to do my part, even if I inhabit only one room." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would listen to him and then nod "Splitting who goes when sounds like a good idea" she'd say, stretching a little "Though maybe just this time as it's almost an complete restock, we should probably go together, just this once" she'd explain "That way we can both carry things"

@Catpone Cerberus

Serenity would nod "That would certainly be a good idea" she says "I normally catch a cart home if I need to" she'd say "But of course..." she taps her horn "My magic does let me carry things with ease" she says, finishing her breakfast.

@AzureMoon
"I know." Tinker said as he too finished his breakfast "That magic is why I have these." his arms took a position where they were most visible "I envied unicorns when I was a colt, now I surpass average unicorns in some things." he explained as he put his dishes and the juice away. 

@Catpone Cerberus

She would nod "I can understand that, and it seems you found a way to get around the non-magic issue" she'd say with a smile "Honestly, I just know a few basic spells, and then there's the ones that helps with my DJ-ing" she would say with a smile, 

@AzureMoon
"That's how it tends to be I have noticed." Tinker replied with a nod "It seems that most unicorns are skilled in only certain type of magic relating to their talent, exception being those who's talent is magic." "Not that it works too differently compared to pegasis or Earth ponies, we also tend to have the basic abilities and whatever we are good at, but I think it's lot more noticeable when it comes to unicorns." he gave a humorous but slightly embarrassed smile "But it may be because I may or may not have had an obsession with unicorns and magic at one point.

@Catpone Cerberus

She giggles a little "It's okay Emerald, before I became this" she motions over her cybernetic body "I had nothing to do, ut play video games and listen to music, so that's where my love for music and streaming comes from"

@AzureMoon
Tinker had a curious look on his face for a second after Serenity mentioned her body, but he soon hid it and didn't ask anything because he wasn't sure if it would be appropriate considering that they had just met. "Not too different from how I got into tinkering, my father had lot of miscellaneous scrap laying around so not having anything better to do I started to mess around with it." "Then I met my first unicorn and that's where it all started." he said with a smile, he was starting to head upstairs so that he could get the cart, but he wouldn't go until it seemed that Serenity had nothing else to say for now. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I was bed ridden since I was a filly. I had cancer" She'd explain "It wasn't until a scientist came up with the experimental treatment of transferring my spirit and conscious to this cybernetic body" she'd say to him "It was experimental, but my family were desperate, and well..as you can see, it worked" she would say with a smile "And well what I did while sick, just carried on to   now and is now how I earn my living"