Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

opinions on starlight and equestrian girls

swedishfanofmaud

How canon EqG is, is one of those debatable things. We know Sunset Shimmer IS canon in FiM - she appears in cameo in the finale. We also know that GlimGlam IS canon in EqG as she has appeared there during tales of canterlot high, and of course the whole of FiM can be considered canon for the EqG universe, after the crossover episode that featured "pony" SciTwi and the Storm King's staff.

The question is if EqG as a universe is canon in FiM, which isn't certain, but there is nothing in EqG that contradicts canon, so why not?

• Brohoof 1

That's some watertight, evidence-based argument you have there Sonny Jim, but I seriously doubt that comparing a canon turd to a non-canon one gets us anywhere.

SpikePls03.png.3b5768bef09d9cf8079f9a5871be544d.png / 10

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Brony Number 42 said:

Regardless of the canoninity, Sunset in EG is awesome.

^ This! Sunset went from insulting Twilight foil to Precious Bacon Hair Princess and I loved her growth. It makes me wonder what she'll do in the future. Will she stay in the human world forever with trips back to Equestria? Will she move back to Equestria eventually? Will she go onto collage in the human world? Or start a career? I can see her becoming a councillor of some sort or advisor

• Brohoof 3

I consider EG secondary canon, and, honestly, I’ve never been a fan of it. I really dislike the high school concept and the lead character, but I admit that EG has a couple of enjoyable moments and good songs. 

As for Starlight, I really like her, and prefer her over any of EG characters. Her duo with Trixie is especially great and powerful.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

^ This! Sunset went from insulting Twilight foil to Precious Bacon Hair Princess and I loved her growth. It makes me wonder what she'll do in the future. Will she stay in the human world forever with trips back to Equestria? Will she move back to Equestria eventually? Will she go onto collage in the human world? Or start a career? I can see her becoming a councillor of some sort or advisor

Unfortunately there is no future for EQG. It got cancelled. :Cozy: I guess we will never know how it ends.

I personally do consider EQG to be part of canon, since it doesn't directly contradict FIM.

As much as I love GlimGlam, I love Sunset even more :wub:

2 hours ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

Unfortunately there is no future for EQG. It got cancelled. :Cozy: I guess we will never know how it ends.

Or rather, that we each get to decide how it ends for ourselves. 

I don't think it works like that. Both are equally valid canon series of their own produced by Hasbro, the only thing differs is that how much those two are tied together (share the same universe). When you say canon, it means canon to FiM. Just because there is no way to say FiM isn't canon, doesn't mean EQG is less canon.

One of the best thing came out of both series is Sunset Shimmer. Her sole existence justifies all the flaws of EQG, and even FiM. (and even Sunset is a flawed product)

For me, the only way to understand what you're saying is to interpret 'If EQG isn't canon' as 'If EQG and Sunset Shimmer didn't matter at all'.

Strange thing is, I don't like both Starlight and EQG. I just tolerate them. I make myself extra generous towards them until I don't dislike them anymore.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1