Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Spongebob on Cartoon Network.

CastletonSnob

In all fairness, under Nick we got some pure gold, and my understanding is that CN isn't doing so well right now. Perhaps the exact same thing would've occurred given SpongeBob's success.

Depends when they might've picked it up. If it were during the years that Young Justice, Ben 10 (the original and better version by far), Teen Titans (same boat as Ben 10), the Thundercats remake, Generator Rex and a few others were made, the animation would've been cool and there would've been connecting stories. Nowadays? No. No, it would be bad. Very very very bad. All the shows lately are ugly from an animation standpoint (besides Steven Universe Future, which is ending soon anyway), have horrible characters that make a mockery of the originals, and horrible storylines. I've tried watching them before and I just can't stand them.

Though it's been a long time since I last watched Nick or CN, and as much as I find Spongebob to be a tired franchise, I could never imagine Nick the same way without it. :rarity: I'll agree, however, that Cartoon Network would have definitely ended it by now. I know they're still keeping TTG and the PPG reboot going, sure. However, that has to do with different companies having different marketing strategies. 

This would've been back in 1999. It probably would've been added to the Cartoon Cartoons block alongside Ed, Edd & Eddy, Dexters Lab & Power Puff Girls. It might've been an even bigger hit considering the reach of Cartoon Network. I mean can you imagine Adventure Time being a big hit on Nick? It also would've been ended by now, lasting a decade at most. The way I see it, Cartoon Network was willing to let shows go in order to cash in on something new and generate some variety back in the day, where as Nick wanted to milk the same few shows they had dry. 

Maybe it would have ended sooner... And the atrocities after Season 3/4 might never have happened...

But I don't see much being different. The way I see it Nick and CN are both struggling right now, they just insist on low-quality garbage. I mean the Loud House isn't bad but it's not necessarily good... Other than that, I see pretty much no real offerings between either. And SpongeBob on CN would have changed nothing there.

Edited by Angel_Dust
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...