Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What volume do you keep your system volume at?

Muffinnz

What volume do you keep your system volume at?

Its basically the volume that controls stuff like the click sound when you click on a phone keyboard.

I always have it muted but when I type my phone vibrates for a fraction of a second after every key. I just find sounds like that annoying

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

On my computer, generally pretty low. If I'm listening to music I have it around 12%, but outside of that, it usually stays at about 8%. My phone only goes up in increments of five with the DAC enabled and I basically use it exclusively for music, so it stays at or above 15%. Sometimes I go all the way up to 50%, but very rarely.

Edited by Booker

I usually keep my volume pretty low on my computer. I've learnt my lesson of cranking my speakers on full blast, since I'm really sensitive to sound. As for my phone, I keep it on mute since I cannot stand when it goes off out of nowhere. I know that kind of defeats the purpose, but the vibration is usually enough for me.

Depends what I'm watching. My laptop's speaker's aren't what they used to be, keep them mostly at 76% or 100%.

I have two phones, one's a butt dial with service, the other's a smart phone with none. They take different cards and I've been too lazy/can't always afford to switch. The butt dial's volume has been broken for like 2 years now so it's at whatever it was at, and I have to answer on speaker because otherwise I can't hear anything, and even that doesn't come through very well sometimes. My smart phone depends, sometimes I have it at 12% if it's late and I don't want to disturb anyone, other times I have it all the way up for music. With headphones I keep it at around the 75% mark

I use 100% for global volume (to give a good range to both my speakers and headphones). And for Firefox, I have 18% so that MLPF's notification "fbloop" (my take at the steel drum sound) aren't too destructive. But I have to increase to 50% for Netflix. It is quite annoying.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

On my desktop I have it at 100% and use the speakers' manual volume. On my gaming laptop around.. 30% or so.

On phone I have key sounds off because I find them annoying. Most volume is around.. 80% due to often walking outside or around otherwise loud areas at work.

For my gaming PC: 50-60% but since I wear headphones attached to the speakers, it's so I don't have to turn my volume too far up and I get to control how loud or quiet it is.

For my laptop: the volume's on 4-6% when using headphones because even then it can still be a bit loud but when I'm not using my headphones, it's typically at 20-30%.

ipad: it depends on what I'm listening to and what I'm doing.  If I was brushing my teeth, the volume for the music that I'm listening to will understandably be louder but if it's quiet and the fan isn't running, it'd be really low.