Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What age do you start to feel old?

Muffinnz

I’m not sure I understand understand the question. What would watching cartoons have to do with how old you feel?

And for “feeling old” are you talking about, like, physical? Mental? It’s relative for both.

• Brohoof 1

@ShadOBabe any way. Some people say they feel old because the world changes around them, other say because their body feels weaker. Others say because they have kids they feel old etc.

I just asked if cartoons had anything to do with it because cartoons is generally made for younger audiences

• Brohoof 1

Still not quite grasping your thought process. But yeah, it’s all relative, so everyone is going to have a different answer for you.

I almost 30 and I’m all fat and slow and even more low energy than I was as a kid. But I don’t feel old at all in my brain or my heart.

• Brohoof 1

I was raised pretty old-fashioned, which makes me feel like I'm old sometimes.

Physically, I started to feel old a couple years ago or so. I don't think most people develop problems with their body like mine before turning twenty.

Physically, I've been feeling old since I was fifteen. I have my reasons, but most of them are beyond my control.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Yoshi89 said:

I want to say 25 because I've been graying quite a bit since then. That's also when I stopped enjoying birthdays.

Can relate. I stopped enjoying birthdays when I was about 11 because nobody cared

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

I'm 22 and I sometimes feel like I'm in my 40s, so... Though I sometimes feel like I'm 10 years old or a teen or something. Odd. :huh: Guess how old I feel depends on circumstance. Like how I feel or particularly if I start getting back pains.

Edited by Angel_Dust

I have Old Man in my given nickname and I feel like it's well earned despite being only 22. However, this will soon be me.

Image result for cat with waffle dino nugget

Honestly, I started feeling it in the 4th grade.

Edited by SharpWit

During the 10 year anniversary of the premiere of Wizards of Waverly Place 

oh, god....

And even more so of the 12 year anniversary of High School Musical 

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

By the end of having turned 18. That sounds silly, but by the end of that year a lot of things changed in my life. I began to experience medical issues, my childhood dog got sick and passed away and my grandpa had a heart attack and almost passed away that same year (it would be a few years later that he would pass away). I felt so shattered in late 2007 and early 2008, it wasn't even funny. My childhood was suddenly over.

2018 and beyond I've got a new health issue that has made me really feel like an old lady... Plantar fasciitis and arthritis. I can't walk or stand for too long without pain, and getting up is never easy. It's all a hundred times worse when I'm working. =(

Just a few years ago, things were 100% different. I had practically no limit to my walking or standing. But don't get me wrong. I'm glad I can still stand and walk.

Honestly, I believe in the phrase “forever young”. I feel the farthest I ever could be from old...but I am only 19 though. ^_^ My mother is in her 40s and she says she doesn’t feel old one bit and doesn’t plan on it ever. I strive to be like her in that regard. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

About late 20's for me. Started noticing certain joints aching more often, most likely due to all those years working at a small engine shop.  :worry:

On 3/24/2020 at 7:29 AM, Yoshi89 said:

I want to say 25 because I've been graying quite a bit since then. That's also when I stopped enjoying birthdays.

I'm 30 and so far only have 3 gray hairs. Hope it stays that way for a while  :P

I try to keep a youthful outlook no matter how I feel physically. And physically I’m doing well as can be expected. I admit I started feeling a little old when I reached a mandatory age limit on certain things I could do at work about half a year ago. That depressed me pretty badly for a while but I’ve learned to roll with it.  

Watching MLP helps keep me feeling young and always will.

• Brohoof 1

Older than dirt! And considering dirt is billions of years old I really am an old fuck! 

That and the fact that I mentioned the show "king of the hill" to 18 year old and the unlucky son of a gun didn't even know what I was talking bout I tell you what! 

• Brohoof 3