Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guessing the year of the music that is released-battle!

Sepul-Coloratura

• Guess which year the music on the previous post was released!
  • It can be guessed within three years. ex) 1982~1984
  • If you already know exactly what the song is and know the exact answer, no fun on saying it. Also try to post a challenging one.
  • It would be better if the poster tells you if you're right or not.
  • Stating the reason behind your guess might make it better!
  • Don't Google it.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

@Emerald Heart

letsdothis.jpg.cc08b8227d3d904ef7d8bc24f2f9594f.jpg

Deduction time.

Angry Birds got its fame as being the first popular game on iOS, probably due to being the first of its kind not programmed in Flash, which iOS didn't support. Following the trends, it's likely the song was written and made during the game's rise to fame, probably within a year since the game's initial release before the novelty burnt out. This is also supported by the graphics, both of the game itself and the animation, which lack the pizzazz of newer animation techniques. Plus, the video shows an iPhone as part of an ad, and since it has a fairly old-looking design {no fingerprint-reading home button}, definitely puts the song past the five-year mark.

So, with that in mind, I'd say the song pretty much matches the release of iPhone, give or take twelve months. Which... I don't actually know off the top of my head and, will make an educated guess {iPad 2 was still a thing in 2013 , and I think iPads came after iPhones} and say 2010.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Quinch said:

@Emerald Heart

letsdothis.jpg.cc08b8227d3d904ef7d8bc24f2f9594f.jpg

Deduction time.

Angry Birds got its fame as being the first popular game on iOS, probably due to being the first of its kind not programmed in Flash, which iOS didn't support. Following the trends, it's likely the song was written and made during the game's rise to fame, probably within a year since the game's initial release before the novelty burnt out. This is also supported by the graphics, both of the game itself and the animation, which lack the pizzazz of newer animation techniques. Plus, the video shows an iPhone as part of an ad, and since it has a fairly old-looking design {no fingerprint-reading home button}, definitely puts the song past the five-year mark.

So, with that in mind, I'd say the song pretty much matches the release of iPhone, give or take twelve months. Which... I don't actually know off the top of my head and, will make an educated guess {iPad 2 was still a thing in 2013 , and I think iPads came after iPhones} and say 2010.

Ooh, so close! It was 2011. Good job!

thereportsaysyousuck.jpg.2cf1fa6a9019df2324ee2fdcddfda178.jpg

@Sepul-Coloratura Oh, and I'm going to guess... that it's actually fairly recent. The casual mention of hyperspeed in the lyrics makes it seem like that it's far removed from the sixties and seventies the cover image is reminiscent of. The sound quality is also fairly good, with the vinyl crackle and other imperfections actually seeming a little too perfect to be natural. The loud, eclectic style is also becoming more and more of a thing than it used to be even a decade ago, mostly thanks to the increasing accessibility of tools for making art, musical and otherwise.

So, I'm going to go with.... 2018 or thereabouts?

(edited)
3 hours ago, Quinch said:

@Sepul-Coloratura Oh, and I'm going to guess... that it's actually fairly recent. The casual mention of hyperspeed in the lyrics makes it seem like that it's far removed from the sixties and seventies the cover image is reminiscent of. The sound quality is also fairly good, with the vinyl crackle and other imperfections actually seeming a little too perfect to be natural. The loud, eclectic style is also becoming more and more of a thing than it used to be even a decade ago, mostly thanks to the increasing accessibility of tools for making art, musical and otherwise.

So, I'm going to go with.... 2018 or thereabouts?

It's actually too much exactly like how I was trying to trick you. The reason you might guessed so is because it is very hard to find the original record and the ones you can find are the re-released CDs between 2000 and 2009. The song might sound like that because they ripped the vinyl version (not the master recording) and put that into the CD version, it happens to lot of rare old vinyl re-releases.

Spoiler

But even so, 2018 is too recent it's 1969! They were way ahead of the time and some say it's proto black metal.

4 hours ago, Quinch said:

Woohoo!

Alrighty, how about this?

I think this is obviously retro revival. I didn't mean to judge it by the music video, but the sound also has a combination of the 80s vibe and mid to late 90s vibe like the video. Which isn't possible until the late 2000s and 2010s. This kinda feels like vaporwave, but a little early and free from the cliche formula that got popular in the 2010s. The romanticism of the 80s didn't happen in the 90s, which I almost guessed it came from 1997. I guess it could be between 2009~2011.

@Sepul-Coloratura Well, I don't know about you, but I am amused.

I didn't expect the song to be a trick, so good job there - I confidently walked right into it. On the other hand, the song I posted was, in fact, an oldie, and I didn't really expect that degree of analysis. Namely, it was released in 1990, during the initial rise of electronic music, and actually enjoyed a period of semi-popularity {never made the top of the charts, but hovered around them for a while}.

So, uh... does that mean that someone else can post a song for everyone to guess now, since we both missed?

(edited)
4 hours ago, Quinch said:

@Sepul-Coloratura Well, I don't know about you, but I am amused.

I didn't expect the song to be a trick, so good job there - I confidently walked right into it. On the other hand, the song I posted was, in fact, an oldie, and I didn't really expect that degree of analysis. Namely, it was released in 1990, during the initial rise of electronic music, and actually enjoyed a period of semi-popularity {never made the top of the charts, but hovered around them for a while}.

So, uh... does that mean that someone else can post a song for everyone to guess now, since we both missed?

Yeah, or we could post another song until others join. And that song was a legit 90s song and a music video? 2010 hipsters ruined my sense of judgement. It was a genuine electronic music of the 80s-90s.