chaosprincess

Have you ever gone into a store and smelt something off or bad?

Recommended Posts

(edited)

I know this is random, but figured why not :kirin: we could use some randomness with everything that's going on

So as the title says have you ever walked into a store and smelt something off or bad?

I will leave a story of my own to get this thread started :mlp_icwudt:

I ended up going to a thrift store seemed more like somebodies cluttered house filled with junk a couple weeks ago with my cousin and walking through it everything seemed fine until I hit one part of the store as I was walking a certain smell hit my nose I looked at my cousin and said it smells like nuts which caused her to break out in laughter and saying how random that was, but for some odd reason it just smelt like rotten peanuts mixed with a different smell it just smelt bad :Cozy::blink: we soon left after that not really wanting to know where the smell was coming from or what it was.

Edited by chaosprincess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I can't say that I have. :P

But I used to have a friend I spent a lot of time with when I lived back in the south east of England. He used to have this pretty nasty trick with dealing with groups of people hanging around and loitering where he wanted to browse. He would approach the crowd, pretend he was browsing something different and let out a stealth fart and then walk away. He'd then wait for the crowd to disperse so that he could finally browse for what he was looking for.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I can't say that I have. :P

But I used to have a friend I spent a lot of time with when I lived back in the south east of England. He used to have this pretty nasty trick with dealing with groups of people hanging around and loitering where he wanted to browse. He would approach the crowd, pretend he was browsing something different and let out a stealth fart and then walk away. He'd then wait for the crowd to disperse so that he could finally browse for what he was looking for.

That's one way to disperse a crowd lol :ButtercupLaugh:

  • Brohoof 2
  • Smile 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

yeahhh went in to a store and they were throwing out all the bad rotted produce.... disgusting! I used to work at a bar that specializes in fish.... I would come home smelling like fish every night... also disgusting!

  • Shocked 1
  • Cider 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always that one person in Walmart who drops a frikkin gas bomb in the canned goods aisle. :unamused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

There's always that one person in Walmart who drops a frikkin gas bomb in the canned goods aisle. :unamused:

That is so very true and it's very difficult to pin point who it was :okiedokieloki: it's happened way to many times when I went to walmart almost every aisle had rancid death farts in it. :Cozy::eww:

28 minutes ago, vampireponyprince said:

yeahhh went in to a store and they were throwing out all the bad rotted produce.... disgusting! I used to work at a bar that specializes in fish.... I would come home smelling like fish every night... also disgusting!

You deserve that cider smelling like fish especially if its gone rogue and smelling rotted produce :yeahno:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

There was a time I went to a supermarket, and I smelled something strange,  probably rat feces. In the past, that supermarket was notorious for health violations that caused the goverment to close it for cleaning, and to train the owners on proper sanitation codes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Flow said:

There was a time I went to a supermarket, and I smelled something strange,  probably rat feces. In the past, that supermarket was notorious for health violations that caused the goverment to close it for cleaning, and to train the owners on proper sanitation codes. 

Well that's nasty :eww: glad they were closed for proper training and for cleaning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Often times, the people inside the store are the things that are off or bad. :P

  • Brohoof 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Pondering 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lyrabetes3939 said:

Often times, the people inside the store are the things that are off or bad. :P

You've got a point there. :mlp_icwudt:

  • Brohoof 2
  • teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I can’t really smell, but one time I was helping sort through donations at a thrift shop and… well, we discovered some soiled undergarments

  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I can’t really smell, but one time I was helping sort through donations at a thrift shop and… well, we discovered some soiled undergarments

That's horrible :blink: I hope nobody's hand touched it. :sunny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I never smelled anything weird with the store itself, but in some RESTROOMS, one time i smelled someone doing CRACK in the neighboring stall while i was on the porcelain throne.  

  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

I never smelled anything weird with the store itself, but in some RESTROOMS, one time i smelled someone doing CRACK in the neighboring stall while i was on the porcelain throne.  

Say no to drugs :glimmer: I do hope you made it out okay I'm sure you did, but drugs can make people do some crazy things. :mlp_wat:

  • Brohoof 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)

I have a family friend who owns a store on the other side of town. I went there once to drop something off, but as soon as I went in, I was greeted by a nasty smell. I remember that it was some sort of condiment and it was terrible enough that I haven't set foot back in there since. That was a few years ago, but I do feel a bit guilty for never returning. 

Edited by Cash In

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I have a family friend who owns a store on the other side of town. I went there once to drop something off, but as soon as I went in, I was greeted by a nasty smell. I remember that it was some sort of condiment and it was terrible enough that I haven't set foot back in there since. That was a few years ago, but I do feel a bit guilty for never returning. 

Some seasonings etc can have some strong nasty smells :yeahno: as for feeling guilty there is no reason to feel guilt some smells are just not so tolerable no use in putting yourself under stress and potentially getting nauseous or sick from a smelly store that smells well smelly you held nothing against them just their smelly condiment. :mlp_icwudt:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

15 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Some seasonings etc can have some strong nasty smells :yeahno: as for feeling guilty there is no reason to feel guilt some smells are just not so tolerable no use in putting yourself under stress and potentially getting nauseous or sick from a smelly store that smells well smelly you held nothing against them just their smelly condiment. :mlp_icwudt:

That's true. Doesn't help that I'm really sensitive to these sorts of things as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cash In said:

That's true. Doesn't help that I'm really sensitive to these sorts of things as well.

Which happens it's no good to force your body to do things it can't handle a lot of people are sensitive to certain smells etc myself included so as guilty as you may feel you did nothing wrong by not returning you did the right thing by not forcing your body to endure what it can't handle which is the smell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

What a vague topic for a thread.

Yeah, I probably have before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh yes the rotten peanuts fiasco man I hope we never go back to the place it really made my claustrophobia set off. But I would have to say there was two stores that really stood out to me that smelled horrible.

 

One is a store in our local mall that has a smell that I can really describe as bad body order and incense. Not the good nice smelling kind either. That is one store that I can happily avoid.

The second one was the time we went to walmart on black friday and someone for whatever reason was passing some rather rancid gas. I guess it was from the meal the day before but that could probably kill a full grown elephant.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Sure have. Used to work retail and someone had partially peeled the seal off of a can of cat food.

By the time I discovered it, it had maggots and smelled like death. :scoots:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AriaTheLovely said:

Ahh yes the rotten peanuts fiasco man I hope we never go back to the place it really made my claustrophobia set off. But I would have to say there was two stores that really stood out to me that smelled horrible.

 

One is a store in our local mall that has a smell that I can really describe as bad body order and incense. Not the good nice smelling kind either. That is one store that I can happily avoid.

The second one was the time we went to walmart on black friday and someone for whatever reason was passing some rather rancid gas. I guess it was from the meal the day before but that could probably kill a full grown elephant.

Nothing like walking down smelly lane lol that walmart trip though everybody was avoiding some of the aisles lol. :ButtercupLaugh:

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Sure have. Used to work retail and someone had partially peeled the seal off of a can of cat food.

By the time I discovered it, it had maggots and smelled like death. :scoots:

Yeah that's disgusting :yeahno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

12 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Yeah that's disgusting :yeahno:

Tell me about it. I had to clean it up.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

I never smelled anything weird with the store itself, but in some RESTROOMS, one time i smelled someone doing CRACK in the neighboring stall while i was on the porcelain throne.  

How did you know what crack smelled like?:yay: Hmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

How did you know what crack smelled like?:yay: Hmmmmmmm

I used to work graveyard shift at a fast food restaurant. Lots of crackheads and potheads came by the window. Once you smell it, there’s no denying it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.