Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Starlight Glimmer Could've Been A Better Villain

YoungJustice12334

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

The ONE BIG Change I'm making is that instead of Starlight using one of Starswirl's spells to travel back in time to stop the Sonic Rainboom As she did in the original Events of Season 5's finale, When Twilight and Her Friends arrive home to the castle, Starlight's revealed to be the one who Broke into the Castle of Friendship where she holds Twilight and her friends hostage before she threatens Twilight Sparkle that if she doesn't give her her Cutie Mark, then she will destroy her friends.

One Bigger change I'm making to Starlight is that Her goal In my rewrite isn't to rid Equestria of their Cutie Marks, but rather trying to claim Twilight Sparkle's Cutie Mark for herself so that she can become a dangerous Alicorn.

Twilight, unfortunately, has no choice and she surrenders her Cutie Mark to save her friends and Starlight Glimmer uses her magic to make her original Cutie Mark disappear before replacing it with Twilight's Cutie Mark after ripping it off her flank of course. This resulted in some dark magical transformation that turned Starlight Glimmer into a demonic Alicorn entity.

I know this sounds like a rip-off of when Sunset Shimmer transformed into a she-demon In The first Equestria Girls movie, But I think this would make her a Far more dangerous Villain than seeing her poorly written backstory and forced redemption.

Starlight's motivation for purging the world of Cutie Marks won't be because her childhood friend Sunburst got his Cutie Mark and moved away to study at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but because she was bullied by other fillies for being a blank flank her whole life and she really didn't like other ponies were being better than her.

Sunburst tried to protect and & comfort Starlight from all the teasing, but She started to go down a dark path. This resulted in Starlight studying dark magic and learning how to use her magic to remove Cutie Marks and replacing them with a different mark.

Starlight chose an equal sign as a replacement for all Cutie Marks because she couldn't find an original symbol and was lacking original ideas. Plus, she never understood equality and friendship because she never had any other ponies who respected her.

Starlight Glimmer would then learn that if she claimed the Cutie Mark of an Alicorn Princess, then she would become an Alicorn so that she can be better than everyone else and gain ultimate power and enslave Equestria.

Without her Cutie Mark, Twilight Sparkle is a little weaker than before. Starlight starts to wreak havoc among the ponies of Equestria and uses her newfound dark powers to brainwash every pony into becoming her mindless slaves.

The tyrannical she-demon Starlight attempts to Destroy the elements of harmony, but The Mane 6 manages to can grab them before Starlight can destroy them, and Discord then appears to use his magic to teleport the Mane 6 and Spike to safety.

The Mane 6 start to lose Hope, But Discord starts telling our heroes that they don't need the Elements of Harmony to save the day because the Magic of Friendship has always been inside them the whole time.

With their hope restored by Discord, the Mane 6 and Spike hold hooves until they restore the elements and unleash the Ultimate Power of Friendship, which resulted in Twilight's Cutie Mark freeing itself from Starlight's flank and returns to its rightful owner and thus, Starlight Glimmer is defeated and her reign of terror over Equestria is over now.

In the end, Princess Celestia has Starlight Glimmer arrested for her crimes against Equestria as well as Cutie Mark Magic before she decides to remove Starlight's magic and Cutie Mark and have her locked up in Tartarus with Lord Tirek for an eternity.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends rejoice in saving the world of Equestria and Discord and Pinkie Pie throw a party and Season 5 ends with the Mane 6 Living happily ever after**...**That is, until Starlight talks with Tirek about how they hate the Mane 6, and that's when Starlight plans on Making A Group of her own.

Another Huge change I would make is that Season 6's finale would have Starlight assemble her own group of Villains to take down the Mane 6. The villains in Starlight's Legion of Doom would be Tirek and Chrysalis, for starters, and maybe some other rebooted Gen1 villains but IDK Yet.

Both Chrysalis and Tirek would have their own backup plans in case Starlight's operation is a failure, and Despite the fact Starlight would be A Villain like them, she's a pony and Tirek & Chrysalis don't like or trust ponies so they don't really trust her that much.

We would also see hints towards the Pillars and Pony of shadows, which would be a subtle set-up for Season 7.

So what do you guys think of my Take on Starlight Glimmer? Let me know what you all think.

4 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

I didn't find Cosy Glow to be a good villain honestly, she was one of the worst MLP Villains to me.

Also, do you think this would've been a better villain arc for Starlight Glimmer?

It would be have been a nice arc but it wouldn't really fit in with season 6 onwards. Plus, some of the bits of the story just feel like repeats of stuff that happened in other seasons.

I actually found Starlight's original arc inetersting since it explored how changing time can have devastating effects. Starlight had the power to produce an impact far worse than what any of  the other villains could have done, so in that aspect, had she ultimately succeeded, she would have been the best villain. 

And yeah I agree that Cozy Glow wasn't really a good villain. Season 8 was actually really disappointing in my opinion. 

I don't like Starlight being redeemed because to me, It happened so fast and receiving forgiveness was so easy for her. The Mane 6 wouldn't forgive Discord, but they'll forgive Starlight just like that? It makes no sense.

One idea I have is that Starlight's role of being Twilight's new student of friendship could've been replaced by Moondancer instead. I mean, I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to see more of her in the show, and I think her taking Starlight's role of being Twilight's heir in Season 6 could be better.

How that could work is after Starlight's arrested for her crimes against Equestria, Twilight decides to work more on Rekindling her friendship with Moondancer and after Twilight's successful with making amends with Moondancer, she decides to become Twilight's new student. I find Moondancer and Starlight to be similar in some ways, but I found Moondacer to be more sympathetic honestly.

Sure, Moondancer was Rejected by her friends like Starlight was but at least she didn't develop an anti-party philosophy and create a cult that was against parties.

Do you like that idea better?

For me, Starlight Glimmer could have been kept a villain a little bit longer, like maybe through half of season 6. Hair hairstyle was better when she was evil, and she had a cool attitude as well.

Then the season 5 finale would fit a hostage situation in the castle, so I think that would have been a good idea, @YoungJustice12334

Okay, I see. What do you think of the way I wrote her as A Villain though? 

One idea I have is that Starlight's role of being Twilight's new student of friendship could've been replaced by Moondancer instead. I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to see more of her in the show, and I think her taking Starlight's role of being Twilight's heir in Season 6 could be better.

How that could work is after Starlight's arrested for her crimes against Equestria, Twilight decides to work more on Rekindling her friendship with Moondancer and after Twilight's successful with making amends with Moondancer, she decides to become Twilight's new student. I find Moondancer and Starlight to be similar in some ways, but I found Moondacer to be more sympathetic honestly.

Sure, Moondancer was Rejected by her friends like Starlight was but at least she didn't develop an anti-party philosophy and create a cult that was against parties.

Do you like that idea better?

5 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

I didn't find Cosy Glow to be a good villain honestly, she was one of the worst MLP Villains to me.

Also, do you think this would've been a better villain arc for Starlight Glimmer?

If you gonna move them gums you should bring some argumentation to the table. Go ahead. Tell us why Cozy is bad.

P.S: No cause you've practically stolen the villain arc from last seasons and inserted your waifu. Cozy works with the other villains. The only characters Starlight works well with are the background variety that don't have to be nerfed in order to make her shine. Tirek and Crys are not minions for somepony like Starlight to assemble.

7 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

I don't like Starlight being redeemed because to me, It happened so fast and receiving forgiveness was so easy for her. The Mane 6 wouldn't forgive Discord, but they'll forgive Starlight just like that? It makes no sense.

On the contrary.

1. Discord had a history of manipulating the Mane Six until they were broken down and the opposites of themselves. Instead of brute strength, he played mind games. When they accepted Celestia's task and released him, he intentionally got under all of their skins, which continued into season four. Despite claiming to be reformed, he didn't act so and sometimes suggested that he didn't take their friendship as seriously as he claimed. Their lack of trust in him was justified. Not until season seven did the lessons he learned apparently stuck.
  2. Starlight committed some very serious crimes, too, so what makes things different? Twilight treated Starlight as an equal and saw the pain she held within, so she offered her help to give friendship another chance. At her most vulnerable, she accepted Twilight's offer, and everyone agreed to help her in return. From the one-plus season as Twilight's pupil onward, she soaked in those lessons to become who she is today.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

On the contrary.

1. Discord had a history of manipulating the Mane Six until they were broken down and the opposites of themselves. Instead of brute strength, he played mind games. When they accepted Celestia's task and released him, he intentionally got under all of their skins, which continued into season four. Despite claiming to be reformed, he didn't act so and sometimes suggested that he didn't take their friendship as seriously as he claimed. Their lack of trust in him was justified. Not until season seven did the lessons he learned apparently stuck.
  2. Starlight committed some very serious crimes, too, so what makes things different? Twilight treated Starlight as an equal and saw the pain she held within, so she offered her help to give friendship another chance. At her most vulnerable, she accepted Twilight's offer, and everyone agreed to help her in return. From the one-plus season as Twilight's pupil onward, she soaked in those lessons to become who she is today.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

47d0ba23cab60f72597c3d6f9580043d.thumb.gif.e39d0d5e2e85a1b539a9ac90eaced5de.gif

And I like Starlight Glimmer better as a hero than a villain.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think a mix of Starlight Glimmer and Cozy Glow would have made an unbeatable villain. Both of them have the attitude (S09E24), brain power (S08E26), and scariness to them (S05E01) that just would make them unbeatable.