Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bright side of the coronavirus?

Early Sunsets

Worked at home this past week, so my mornings are much less stressful.  Also, my busy season's been pushed to July so while I won't be making as much overtime I'm not rushing to get tax returns done. I'll take it.

• Brohoof 1

Today I watched There Will Be Blood and the 1998 Godzilla Movie with the Girlfriend. The latter is a guilty pleasure from my childhood. Had some food from a local burger joint delivered to us and just enjoyed the quiet tranquility of quarantine ("Stay Home Order").

Spoiler

Little worried with how the whole direct deposit thing from the US government's going to work. Me and my girlfriend could certainly use it, but not sure how it'll be for someone who up until 4 days ago was considered a full time student, and I decided to get my tax returns done really early but only just sent in my amended copy yesterday because I couldn't actually be claimed, and I think I may have filed that way incorrectly for the past 3 years so feeling potentially screwed on that whether they pick to go off of my filing for 2019 0r 2018. That already kind of happened in 2017 when the IRS decided I owed them money when I didn't and they corrected it but then didn't and just took wha tthey thought I owed the following year. I know it's technically fixable even now but I tried then and it just seemed like such a hassle over 150 or so dollars. Also the amended filing takes up to 16 weeks and has to be manually filed via mail so it all really seems up in the air.

It's given me a lot of time to do some thinking, like ways to grow my business, how I might fix my house up, and reevaluating my political alignment. I've also watched a lot more anime recently and finally got around to beating FF7. Not all terrible.

8 hours ago, TBD said:

0954E452-3DB8-48B0-BA6A-D8F2C78E2B0D.jpeg.6843644486fa0cc1f7475de2799f7514.jpeg

Screenshot_34.png.3df917b60b247bb803337c892df5156c.png

One good thing IMO is it is teaching people that the government will not and can not protect everyone so people are getting far wiser and arming themselves with firearms to protect themselves! While a lot of people view this is a negative I view it as a positive and previously "lefty pro gun control folks" are now waking up to the harsh reality of the real world.

• Brohoof 4

Overall, this whole lockdown thing has been a huge patience lesson for me. I've also found a couple new hobbies I really enjoy because of it. I'm also never going to complain about going to work after this. :ButtercupLaugh: 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if it has that many positives for me

My sleep is ruined because of the lack of school in the morning and set schedules

I am less productive than usual

And I cant focus studying at home

Also, it doesnt really change my lifestyle that much

Staying at home because of this feels like those days on end of semester holidays where I waste most of my time doing useless things

1585309679107.png

3 hours ago, Blivy said:

One good thing IMO is it is teaching people that the government will not and can not protect everyone so people are getting far wiser and arming themselves with firearms to protect themselves! While a lot of people view this is a negative I view it as a positive and previously "lefty pro gun control folks" are now waking up to the harsh reality of the real world.

You fool. Guns in the hands of irresponsible people kill lives!

The harsh reality is exactly why we need to believe that good times will return again. Hope is one of the most important things anyone can have.

"Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending is a very powerful thing"

-Mary Margaret, ONCE Upon a Time

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Overall, this whole lockdown thing has been a huge patience lesson for me. I've also found a couple new hobbies I really enjoy because of it. I'm also never going to complain about going to work after this. :ButtercupLaugh: 

I'm just going to be riding on and working on my quad through this whole thing.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Blivy said:

While a lot of people view this is a negative I view it as a positive and previously "lefty pro gun control folks" are now waking up to the harsh reality of the real world.

They’ve also realized how “unfair” the gun control laws they pushed for have become while thinking criminals will follow those laws. Pretty ironic.

• Brohoof 3

Companies are actually putting health of employees above profits. It has also show some companies that remote work can be beneficial to cost saving strategies. People are becoming more aware of personal hygiene. People are finding unique ways to manage situations. The TP and quarantine memes are hilarious. 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

What are your new hobbies?:confused:

Quieter today. Went to Walmart and they actually had some toilet paper. We were still doing good with 10 rolls left but given I haven't seen any available for about 3 weeks I grabbed an 18 pack. Girlfriends going to chat with some friends online, and I'm planning to make sausage rolls.

The Earth is already improving now that people aren't selfishly polluting it every single day. That's a global benefit!

Personally, working from home has been glorious. Not driving an hour to the office is the best.

• Brohoof 1

1. I get to spend more time with my online friends

2. I can recharge my introvert batteries after consecutive days around other people

3. The memes

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 4

Oh I have a "bright side" indeed, but if I were to tell you upfront, Big Brother would not hesitate to find and kill me on top of my family. And my "bright side" would violate NSFW rules in theory. Let's just say, I'm praying to The Abrahamic God about this "bright side" of mine from such a terrible situation.

(edited)

One thing on the bright side is that here in the U.S. things are not as bad as they could have been. If China and Europe travel wasn't cut off as early as it was we would be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I truly believe it could have been be chaos. The health care system would be crashed at this point, the stock market would be done, banks and stores would probably be nonfunctional. people would be rioting and looting.

We had TIME to get some plans, systems, and logistics rolling. And time to even COMPLETELY rebuild some old unusable/under equipped systems. By no means are things great, but they are brighter than they could have been.

Another plus is low gas prices- although it's not good for the industry.

It also has exposed many drawbacks of globalism. Hopefully more people will start using their brains. I have no problem with the US being a "neighborly" country, but we NEED to take care of and PROVIDE FOR OUR OWN "HOUSEHOLD (people)" AKA bring back manufacturing in vital areas.

Hopefully it also makes people realize the true meaning of the 2nd amendment. Look around you. Police departments have said they will not be responding to a lot of issues in a lot of areas. Criminals don't follow gun laws no matter what and government and the wealthy will always be first to have protection via armed guards in some capacity.

If things were real bad and it was chaos, armed people will have a chance and the unarmed will be the sad ones and the ones taken advantage of by criminals/looters. If s#it hits the fan, the police aren't going to be around to help out Average Joe Taxpayer. The second amendment also keeps the "WoLves in sheep's clothing" hiding out in government from overstepping because they know they might have teeth to deal with. People need a wake up call to take stock of what really matters, and see through the BS "WOKE" PC smokescreen. There are a lot of despicable sociopaths who have made it up the ladder and are hiding out in government- some who don't even make much of an effort to hide anymore. Several are in positions where they are virtually untouchable and unaccountable- which I'm sure they were seeking. Before 2016, I pretty much couldn't have cared less about politics and didn't really identify as one side or the other. In fact I just thought it was funny that Trump was president because it would at least be a good show for the next 4 years. Now I just thank God that he's there during this because I doubt Hillary would have locked down travel or would have built up such a good economic buffer over the last 3 years. I also don't think she would have been able to whip up private business into action in the way Trump did so fast. Trump may have a big mouth he doesn't know how to shut, but I think he's making the right moves with what resources that are available.

The spirit and meaning of the country needs to be brought back to the forefront which I hope happens after this.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

I've been getting tons of work projects done around here, plus I've been on my bike a lot more. Also I feel the world has become a cleaner place thanks to all this. I'd say those  are all positives. 

• Brohoof 2

Imagine if there were a new form of Bronies, that were formed because of the Coronavirus, to help the world, and care for the old, and help everyone in need? We would be called the Coronies? :huh:

There are people that save up money to help the ones in need. There are also people being nice, and aware. I am hoping that the world will become a better place after this. As well as learning to protect ourselves better in case a more deadly virus is discovered (like banning flights immediately, stopping things from even moving)