Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Why do people choose to have kid(s)?

Muffinnz

Most of you will probably have kinds one day. It's just how nature works. If everyone was against having kids, our species wouldn't survive. *Puts on helmet to protect myself from a debate*

• Brohoof 1

Hahahahaha i love this! You know why? Because this is STUPID!?.... I love this question!

But seriously its like you just said that you yourself didnt want to exist. And also say that one is not greatfull that ones parents care and love them. I mean we are here on. The forums saying that having babies is bad while others dont even eat once a day. Be greatfull, and the reason why your mom and dad wanted babies is greater than the magic of friendship..its the magic of LUST!! I mean magic of preservation..no magic of benefits.....magic of not planning ahead and responsibilities...... magic of love...LOVE thats the one....

So the simple answer as many people have brought forth, is that Humans are animals, and one of the key factors of survival is having offspring to carry on the line. We are no different in that function and as such we have the urge to procreate. Depending on the being and their genetic code they may deem it as no, and eventually choose not to. Thus that gene pool is lost to the mass that is mankind's representation of itself. Human's exist based on evolution, and part of those carried traits come from procreation itself. Without it, the species would have gone nowhere and everyone wouldn't even be here to speak.

Now, in the end, the concept of choice itself is based on ourselves as a species. We are lucky enough to not be controlled by instinctual idealism where we have a breeding season. Many other species do, this follows the original idea. The idea of survival, one must have children to survive. Not as individuals which is the concept presented in mankind, but as a species.

Humans choose to have kids because of the many benefits that come from it. Ignoring all the other aspects. It comes with choice, value and love towards those ideals. While those who choose not to have children have their own perspective. More often then not, I've come across people who don't have kids have lots of pets, or enjoy that sort of comfort. In my on theory, for some, that is the way they subconsciously cope without having children. Or even replace them. I used to run into so many people that would call their pet's their children or such. Then state they didn't want any actual kids as those kids are enough.

In the end, ignoring my added experiences, people choose because we can choose, and should be happy that it's a choice. Cost factors are effected by where you live, taxes are effected by where you live. So those things would be meaningless to bring up. As a person who lives off the grid doesn't have those problems. The problems they have would be food grown or such which would be the same as including another human anyways to the scenario where they live. So over all the best answer i can say is, they choose to because they can choose to. And People choose not to, because they can choose not to. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Most of you will probably have kinds one day. It's just how nature works. If everyone was against having kids, our species wouldn't survive. *Puts on helmet to protect myself from a debate*

No debate here sorry :Daydreaming:

but people’s have their own personal reasons, for me though, I want kids since l love kids, but being in a serious relationship with a person is eh... I'm little resentful about it atm. not that I don’t want to be in one, it’s a far fetched to think about such thing.

But in alternative,  I always thought of wanting to adapt kids. Honestly, once I live independently and have a stable lifestyle, I want to adapt a child or two. Even if I don’t have to be in a relationship. 

Not sure if that makes sense, for wanting a kid but not wanting to be in a relationship, kids first, relationship later. I’m working backwards here.. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Adapt.....adapt the kids!? :Cozy:what kinda scietific experiments are ya up to!?... I wanna join:)

Well thank you for volunteering to be the first lab rat, so I don’t have to use kids. :oh_golly:

For a whopping 27.3 μS of my life, I wanted a kid! OMG, what was that all about? Probably hormones going crazy. Anyways, I still don't want kids! :eww:

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I can't seem to attract that many girls UwU or I do but I'm too dense to actually get them to date me. So I have doubts I will. Now why do people do it well to continue their lineage their bloodline yes indeed I have great ancestry and longevity in my genes in fact I can expect to live way over hundred years. Though I want children today people aren't wanting children and they are all pretty much just partying.

Love kids though want my own but it requires me to find women and I already do have one that offers to carry my children but we aren't in a relationship. Usually I do get girls offering to have a child with them mostly as I show them one of my uwu and they beg for me to do it. Yet that is not love it is lust.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 3/31/2020 at 1:37 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I’m not sure really. I’ve always kind of gotten a happy feeling inside when I think of having a child (or two) and starting a family in the distant future with that one special person. Why? I don’t know. Always have. :adorkable: It just makes me...happy. Maybe that’s why people choose to have kids? Because it makes them happy? :dash: Buuuut sometimes kids just happen though, whether we purposely choose to have them or not. :derp:

You'll be saying differently when you have to wake up 10 times a night to look after a baby :muffins:

And there's a procedure called an abortion for when it happens accidentally :wacko: (Plus it's your fault if you don;t like wearing protection :derp:)

Heh, after having 4 younger siblings, I can safely say that I wouldn't mind if I never had kids. Me and little kids is a big no no. 

On 3/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Muffinnz said:

To the people who have children -

Why? Isnt it just an extra baggage you put upon yourself?

Isnt it just something to suck the money out of your wallet for no reason?

Why do you choose to make yourself have to feed an extra mouth, pay for extra necessities, possibly pay for an extra car (not every parent does it), or pay for someone's tuition (not every parent does it), invest extra time out of your day, or forcing yourself to look after a child?

I always thought people do it because they feel like they are needed or feel they have a higher value

Couldn't have put it better myself. I always wonder about this^. 

Sure there's gonna be people who say, - if your parents didn't have children, then you won;t exist, but that's not a really a proper rebuttal of the questions above. In this day and age, having less children is becoming more ideal and it would certainly curb the overpopulation that is bound to happen in the future, 

17 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I can't seem to attract that many girls UwU or I do but I'm too dense to actually get them to date me. So I have doubts I will. Now why do people do it well to continue their lineage their bloodline yes indeed I have great ancestry and longevity in my genes in fact I can expect to live way over hundred years. Though I want children today people aren't wanting children and they are all pretty much just partying.

Love kids though want my own but it requires me to find women and I already do have one that offers to carry my offsprings but we aren't in a relationship. Usually I do get girls offering to carry them mostly as I show them one of my assets and they beg for me to do it. Yet that is not love it is lust.

Broooo, you make everything sound so weirddd loool

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

That sounds like a compliment bro I appreciate it dude.

Yeahhh it was a compliment. 

But  there might be like 8 year olds on this site lol. Don;t want them asking their parents about "girls carrying offspring" and your so called "assets" :yay:

Most people who legitimately want kids want them because they like children and like the idea of nurturing a little person into a big person. It’s a sense of fulfillment for them.

As for me, I try not to say something is “never” going to happen, but I don’t particularly want kids nor do I think I’m capable of the emotional maturity needed to guide them. Not to mention I just don’t really want to subject a little person to the world we currently occupy.

• Brohoof 2

Why anyone wants to bring someone into a metaphorical dodgeball game where no one knows the rules, and your chances of winning greatly depend on how lucky you are, or how liked you are (where you aren’t the one everyone decides to throw the balls at all at once), is beyond me.  But you do you.

Im not having kids.  I like money, myself, and free time too much to deal with them. Plus I don’t like the world, and I don’t want to subject the kid to the same mental problems that I currently face.  

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Partially human instict, partially culture, partially because it's a way to influence the future beyond your own life. The whole thing with kids is yes, it is all of those things. But you have to put someone else above yourself, if you're looking at a kid as "how do they benefit me" you probably don't have a good parental mindset. Personally If I have kids probably just gonna adopt because I'd rather care for a kid who's already here and doesn't have a home than bring a new one in to the world, but also because I can't get pregnant so not like I'm having biological kids. Definitely none till at least my mid 30's though.

Kids are too much for me to think about right now. It took ma a long time to grow up, so why would I want to watch another one go through that? That's my though on the matter.

• 2 years later...

Because people want to spread their love to another human and give them the life they never had and at the end of the day we still need to reproduce or our species will die out, and while there are some place where overpopulation is a problem there are also places where underpopulation is a problem, especially in East Asia.

In today's day and age it is selfishness you could only assume, but ultimately the perseverance of a bloodline is still coded in the genetics of some(in many cases this is unfortunate.) To want to reproduce simply on the merit of saying you did such a thing, to have/raise children based on said merit, is incredibly selfish and short sighted. You aren't taking into account the entirety of your child's existence, their perspectives, their coming hardships, goals, long term personality affectives and how they will come to fruition, and who they will be in this pathetic world you have ushered them into out if a petty narcissistic desire to look accomplished or feel validated with your existence. 

Children are little people, with their own understanding on things, their own opinions, their own plights in correlation to these things, they aren't just a pet with binding documentation. These are long term individuals that are here to live in the world you have either helped build or destroy. Many children don't have a home so to speak, they don't have a mother, or a father. Many children have parents unprepared or unfit to do the job.

You don't reproduce to say that you accomplished your purpose as a human being whilst trying to get others to subscribe to the idea that you are more than just an animal. If you think your purpose is to run with a herd of gazelle because that is who you are and what you were born to do, you will never evolve. Adaptation is for the great, it's for the bold, it's for the evolution of who and what we are, and if you can't create a world for your children to do such a thing in, than you are doing them a disservice simply on the merit of you trying to keep yourself validated. 

Think about who you are. Think about what you tolerate. Think about what you know, what you have accomplished, what you can offer, how you can offer it. Don't make children just to have a pet to look validated. Make children because you are prepared to be a Mom or Dad.