Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shady Mist

In the episode "Molt Down" Rarity's ears became clogged by some effect of Peewee's feathers. But in season 1 and 3 "A bird in the Hoof" and "Just for Sidekicks", Celestia's pet Philomena didn't seem to have any effect on anypony including giving Fluttershy one of her feathers, and we don't see much but a few pictures of Peewee as a baby phoenix with Spike and Twilight.

The possible reasons as of to why is:

1. Maybe there is a difference between wild and domesticated phoenixes, that wild phoenixes need to defend (themselves, eggs, nest, family, etc) and therefore develop genes as a defence where domesticated don't, Peewee for being so young when Spike returned him to his family didn't have as much time being with Spike compared to being in the wild with his family.

2. Another is that Rarity might be allergic to them. It might be a very rare allergy (pun not intended) which is why we have never herd of it until now except for Zecora. And both could clear what Zecora said "Ah, the feathers of that bird can affect ponies' ears", the keyword being "can" as though it possible to but not 100% that it will.

3. One other that might explain Philomena but not Peewee is that Celestia might have some kind of spell on Philomena to have her feathers not have an effect on ponies.

Edited by Shady Mist
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe it is something that older phoenixes like Philomena grow out of as they get older or it could just be that Celestia just places a spell so that Philomena wouldn't have any effect on her.

I don't think that it is a defence mechanism, but the option of rarity being allergic does make sense but wouldn't Rarity have mentioned that she might be allergic, when she was going to look for phoenix feathers:wacko:.

Edited by Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

Maybe it is something that older phoenixes like Philomena grow out of as they get older or it could just be that Celestia just places a spell so that Philomena wouldn't have any effect on her.

I don't think that it is a defence mechanism, but the option of rarity being allergic does make sense but wouldn't Rarity have mentioned that she might be allergic, when she was going to look for phoenix feathers:wacko:.

As Rarity said when she came to Zecora "I have no idea what happened!". She most likely didn't know, for those reasons I listed up top, as well as she didn't seem to spend much time with Philomena to find out that she was.

Edited by Shady Mist
  • Brohoof 1