Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you hate most about your home?

Muffinnz

What do you hate most about your home? Doesnt need to be the house its self it can be anything related to basically where you live.

What I hate most? how people keep disassembling the car in my neighborhood at night because they dont want to buy car parts if their own

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

Nothing in particular with the home. I just hate the development that has happened over the years. 15 years ago you could shoot a deer rifle off the back porch with no problem. Fast forward to now, can barely shoot a BB gun because of all the damn houses. Woods are very thin now.  Arrrrgh! And they call this "progress"  :eww:

No matter. I will be moving to my rural property soon.  

• Brohoof 3

Hmmm... The first thing that comes to mind is our main storage room in the basement. The basement itself is finished but that room isn’t so it’s concrete, full of spiders, cold, and is just overall a creepy room. I try my best to avoid going in there.

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Just recently moved to a new home.. what I don’t like about it is, it’s not the same as my old house. it felt like I just lost 29 years of memories..But I’ll get by eventually.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just don't like the fact I live in the city...I feel so out of place here. I miss living in rural areas like I did in Illinois. :worry: .....I don't miss Illinois though. :ButtercupLaugh: Rural areas around here in north Florida would make for my ideal home. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

Size. Even with just me and my parents' stuff, the room we use for storage is packed full, and our bedrooms aren't much better.

As for the area I live in, it's really hilly, which is a plus and a minus. I like it because it looks so much better than flat land, but I hate it because riding my bike anywhere is so difficult. I feel like the gradient of the hill I live on is somewhere in the 30% range.

Also, it's really only the downtown portion of the city I live in (I'm about as far away as a person can get without being in the next town over), but Roanoke has pretty bad drug problems. I try to avoid going there if I can. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't like the size of my house to be honest. It's a little too big for just three people and a dog to occupy.

• Brohoof 1

The internet router is on the opposite side of the house to my room. Meaning, if I wanna use it properly, I can't be in the privacy of my room.

• Brohoof 1

In terms of the house, I have only one complaint. The lack of an indoor porch...thingy. I call it an indoor porch but I am sure there is an actual, better term for it. So many houses in my town have one of those but sadly mine does not. I love those rooms. The idea of being in them, nice and cozy but having a front row view of the roads and the town. I like that a lot.

I can give plenty more complaints about the town itself, but the biggie is simply that my town barely has anything in it. We have a couple of good food places and a very nice river going through town, we even have a river deck which is very neat, but beyond that we have little else to offer. You basically have to go out of town or even sometimes out of county to go somewhere majorly substantial.

I think the thing I don't like the most where I live is, a lack of a yard.  I live in an apartment and it's on the, what I like to call, Dark Side of the building.  I don't get any light except for maybe 30 minutes of direct sun over the summer time when the sun's setting.  My landlord has spoken about making some garden plots but I haven't heard much from them besides that, no mention of when it's going to become available or anything of the sort.  I drew out a potential idea for the raised garden bed, if I'm fortunate enough to get one and I've also thought ahead a bought some starter pods to start them inside and then plant when the plot is ready.  I'm just glad I grabbed them when I did since everything garden related is sold out now around me.  I would LOVE to have an actual home and I get envious of people who have these massive yards but don't actually plant anything.  This one guy's house that I pass when getting groceries has enough room for some fruit trees and a few good sized plots yet dedicates it to grass?  That seems like a waste of space to me.  Why more people don't garden in the first place is beyond me, especially when you have a good yard with lots of sun.

My dad's place is a little more lonely since we don't talk a lot, and he's often out working as well. I do like to be alone, though. The quality of the house is generally nice though.

My mom's house is an older house so the quality of what's in it is lower. It's not miserable, but it's what it is: a house with a few things that don't function at their best. It is easier to interact with people in that house, however.

I hate how gloomy the city is. It's a typical dirty, depressing, noisy industrial city with careless shadows wandering around. I am one of them. Even though I am in love with water, I can't even enjoy the sea of here. I can't stand how polluted it is. Heartbreaking to see.

Neighbors around my home, are selfless jerks. They can become your worst enemy. They do anything from making noise to creating fires that releases nasty smoke. It has become better, but it used to be bad. And I expect it to be bad in the future.

Mosltly old house problems but the main one's that there aren't enough electric sockets and the one's that are there are not in the best places, same with phone sockets given there is only one in the house.

The main thing I dislike about where I live is the noise of the neighbors I have to share a wall with. No matter how nice an apartment may be, inside or out, there’s no changing the fact that I have to live right up against other people, and they universally act like animals! To this day I can’t figure out what fascination comes from bouncing off a shared wall at all hours of the day and night. If I tap on the wall just to remind them there’s someone on the other side trying to sleep, they pound back and swear really loud as though I’m disturbing them! And don’t even get me started on people blasting their stereos at full volume in the middle of the night. Are they really so anesthetized to the concept of other people around them? Jerks.