Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv South Park

Sparkleberry

South Park is my favorite adult cartoon show. I like its humor, satire, songs and the fact that it mocks and drives mad virtually every group of people. Also, it's amazing how they manage to stay relevant for so long and even predict some things.

• Brohoof 2

Used to be a show brimming with its own style and humor, with more creative jabs at society and culture but has for years almost entirely embraced just making fun of whatever is going on in the real world as its primary style, which honestly gets kinda old. Not only that, but I lost any and all further interest in the show the moment they had PewDiePie on there in person and actually gave him a massive spotlight, which was not only cringy and unfunny, but rather hypocritical considering how they have handled "celebrities" in the past. They broke their own way of doing things and all for a stupid, annoying as fuck let's player. I was already on the track of losing interest in South Park for years, but that was the definitive "I don't give a shit anymore" moment. 

South Park is and will always be a favorite show of mine. It was revolutionary when it came out. Of course, the show gets tiring after running for so long. And I never really liked the "making fun of celebrities" part, but bring up real world issues in such a harsh was was cool to see!

South Park can get away with almost everything, and bully anyone. Not even you are safe from it. But standing behind the show, you can be part of that cool evil group... Oh yea, that sounds like joining the bullies. Well, that's what the show is.

@Sparkleberry
Moving to Media Discussion, as this is where television series, movies, books, etc. are discussed. I have also added the appropriate tag.

As far as my view on the show, I have been a fan since I was a child. This show never ceased to make me laugh and there are so many memorable moments. However, in my opinion, the series nowadays has lost its charm. I don’t like having to keep up with current events to help comprehend what’s going on. The show just...isn’t as good as it used to be.

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

@Sparkleberry
Moving to Media Discussion, as this is where television series, movies, books, etc. are discussed. I have also added the appropriate tag.

As far as my view on the show, I have been a fan since I was a child. This show never ceased to make me laugh and there are so many memorable moments. However, in my opinion, the series nowadays has lost its charm. I don’t like having to keep up with current events to help comprehend what’s going on. The show just...isn’t as good as it used to be.

I honestly think it started going downhill when it tries doing heavier continuity.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I honestly think it started going downhill when it tries doing heavier continuity.

And I totally agree. This is not the sort of show that does well with an overarching story.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

And I totally agree. This is not the sort of show that does well with an overarching story.

At this point, they could do themselves a favor and go back to the simpler, "immature" (I hate that word :eww: ) humor of the first 3 seasons.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
23 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

At this point, they could do themselves a favor and go back to the simpler, "immature" (I hate that word :eww: ) humor of the first 3 seasons.

I think Season 1-4 was the golden era of South Park, usually is more about dark comedy and random humour. I dont mind the current event that South Park went with after it. I can understand ideas are hard to begin with. So it just became more random comedy of what is going on usually.

Although i wouldnt mind if they went back to those seasons of the simple concept of a small town with lots of weird stuff going on

Edited by Sparkleberry
  • Brohoof 2

I known South Park as a kid and as I'm old enough to watch it, I enjoy it in a term of the sake of entertainment and laughs alone. Unlike some people who took it a bit too literal or giving the show praises that is worth shit. It's just a cartoon for god sake. The show is immature yes, for fun though. The viewers are actually more immature than the show itself. 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:17 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Yea, I agree to this.

5 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I used to like it but the guys who make it are assholes and the show is fueling a whole movement of assholes. :dry:

Its more people in real life make that a reality. They are simply just pointing it out. Why South Park is good. They point out common sense and make fun of crazy ones :)

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I used to like it but the guys who make it are assholes and the show is fueling a whole movement of assholes. :dry:

The time you notice your favorite show/game's creator are not living up to your standards. I have been there!

But you can still enjoy the things they make, just not like them :awwthanks: The world allows you to do odd things

Had this weird thought. Would Cartman approve of Daft Punk or Crash it? If its too hippie or just let it slide. South Park also is fun to use imagination for stuff :P Literal episode where terrorists conquers imagination land. The things South Park comes up with is just gold XD

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

The time you notice your favorite show/game's creator are not living up to your standards. I have been there!

But you can still enjoy the things they make, just not like them :awwthanks: The world allows you to do odd things

That is true for the most part, but South Park is an exception to this. I'd explain why, but that's a topic for the debate pit or life advice

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

That is true for the most part, but South Park is an exception to this. I'd explain why, but that's a topic for the debate pit or life advice

I kinda know already. I have had bad vibes from Matt Stone and Trey Parker since day 1, but they could be even worse than what they are showing.

I do laugh at their jokes, and their voice acting, but I don't want to associate myself with them at all.

Ahh, South Park... My parents are appalled by its edginess so I never watched it until just a few years ago when I went off to college. :awwthanks: I saw season 20 first and over time I've backtracked to watch everything else.

South Park is its own sort of sub-genre of adult animation that keeps it fresh compared to everything else. I like that willingness to step out and be something absurdly immature yet still thoughtful with its humor most of the time. There are some really cringy episodes but there are a ton that I do love.

My only real gripes are that 1. we're getting 10 episodes per season now rather than the 15-18 episodes in earlier seasons, and 2. I don't think they need to base everything off of current events in order to stay relevant.

Oh, and as a Coloradan, I do love the many references to stuff I grew up around. The Casa Bonita episode took the cake. 

I really must say, my favorite episode is "The Ring". It's just that Jonas Brothers songs get stuck in my head, ans Mr. Mouse is the most evil old time dad I have ever seen :ButtercupLaugh:

Yea, I cannot post the video it is too violent :sealed: I bet you laughed though! That is the way of South Park, making you (the audience) the bully.