Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv TV Shows You Remember, But Nobody Else Does?

Emerald Heart

Whether you hate it or love it, what are some shows you remember but barley anyone else seems to remember? I'm curious.

1. The Mighty B!
  2. As the Bell Rings
  3. The Emperor's New School
  4. Lilo & Stich: the Series
  5. Between
  6. Legend Quest 
  7. My Babysitter's a Vampire: the Series
  8. Fish Hooks
  9. The Replacemants

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I remember 1-4 very well, but not those last three.

Between and Legend Quest are both Netflix Original series. Between ran two seasons before it was cancelled, and it starred Janette McCurdy. Legend Quest is an animated series that only had one season, and it was about a boy that was friends with three ghosts and went on badass adventures to defeat monsters, though their main goal was to find a mysterious group called The Brotherhood and get their help in avoiding the apocolypse.

My Babysitter's a Vampire is one of my favorite shows, which also had two seasons. The movie did so well, and so they made a series out of it. Sara is a flegling vampire (a not entirly whole one, aka she refuses to drink blood which makes her powers weaker than the others) and assists her friends Benny and Ethan on defeating monsters, because their town seems to be the idel target for the supernatural. She covers up being a normal girl by babysitting Ethan's little sister, who can use magic. Benny can cast spells, and Ethan can see the future.

Fish Hooks ran four seasons, and was this super cute slice of life comedy cartoon centered around three friends; Milo, Bee, and Oscar and their lives at school and stuff. Cuz they're basically teenagers, but as fish. Oh, and did I mention they live in fish tanks at the pet store?

The Replacements is also a cartoon show, centered around a brother and sister who lived at an orphanage. Then they found a... blah blah blah, the theme song can exdplain this further:

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

1. Babylon 5
  2. Crusade (B5 Spinoff)
  3. Dinotopia 
  4. Evolution: The Animated Series
  5. FarScape
  6. StarShip Troopers: The Animated Series
  7. Monster Rancher
  8. Monkole Knights
  9. Three Moons Over Milfred
  10. Wolf Lake 
  11. Road Rovers
  12. Street Sharks
  13. Swat Katz
  14. Megas XLR
  15. Wishbone
  16. Cubix
  17. Los Luchadores
  18. So Weird
  19. Spawn
  20. NASCAR racers
  21. Moomin
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Most of the afternoon cartoons that used to be shown on Finnish TV when I was a kid probably fit the bill. :adorkable: Very few cartoons from the likes of CN and Nickelodeon aired on the main channels, instead we got obscure (mostly European) cartoons that were probably cheaper for them to air.

There was one called Football Stories which I remember watching when I was very little – I guess it was kind of fun, despite my lack of interest in football. In my school years, they showed the likes of Rainbow Fish, Twipsy and Norman Normal – most of them rather forgettable, apart from the oddly catchy theme songs that would be etched in my brain for years. I did like a couple of them (Rainbow Fish was my favorite), but most of them didn't really impress me even then... I watched them anyway, since I had nothing better to do. :please: A couple of years later, I remember seeing a couple of episodes of Generation O! which they didn't even bother to dub (unlike the others) and it disappeared as quickly as they had started airing it.

The only reason why I remember most of them is how catchy their theme songs were. :laugh:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Emerald Heart said:

Between and Legend Quest are both Netflix Original series. Between ran two seasons before it was cancelled, and it starred Janette McCurdy. Legend Quest is an animated series that only had one season, and it was about a boy that was friends with three ghosts and went on badass adventures to defeat monsters, though their main goal was to find a mysterious group called The Brotherhood and get their help in avoiding the apocolypse.

My Babysitter's a Vampire is one of my favorite shows, which also had two seasons. The movie did so well, and so they made a series out of it. Sara is a flegling vampire (a not entirly whole one, aka she refuses to drink blood which makes her powers weaker than the others) and assists her friends Benny and Ethan on defeating monsters, because their town seems to be the idel target for the supernatural. She covers up being a normal girl by babysitting Ethan's little sister, who can use magic. Benny can cast spells, and Ethan can see the future.

Fish Hooks ran four seasons, and was this super cute slice of life comedy cartoon centered around three friends; Milo, Bee, and Oscar and their lives at school and stuff. Cuz they're basically teenagers, but as fish. Oh, and did I mention they live in fish tanks at the pet store?

The Replacements is also a cartoon show, centered around a brother and sister who lived at an orphanage. Then they found a... blah blah blah, the theme song can exdplain this further:

OK, yeah. Now I recognize those last three. I watched Fish Hooks and The Replacements almost religiously.

• Brohoof 2

Not really a fair question for me, as most of my life was before most of you were born. So I'm going to have a store of TV shows in my memory that were 'off the air' before you had a chance to be aware of them.

There was a whole slew of live-action Saturday morning shows by Sid and Marty Kroft that blur into one another... possibly deliberately, it was that kind of thing. H.R. Puffenstuff, Hatsville, Dr. Shrinker, etc.

And then there's the problem or remembering what the heck some of them were called. I have vague memories of one in the 70's, maybe early 80's where two brothers sold their souls to the devil to become Rock stars... done as a situation comedy. But they only broadcast one or two espisodes of the stupid thing, and I've completely lost it's name.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, let's see...

M.A.S.K., Dinosaucers, Terrible Thunderlizards, Kidd Video, Turbo Teen, Taz-Mania, Monchichis, The Ewoks and Droids Adventure Hour, Centurions, The Challenge of the Go-Bots, Tranzor Z, Star Blazers, Mighty Orbots, C.O.P.S., Speed Buggy, Spartacus and the Sun Beneath the Sea, Belle & Sebastian, Laff-a-Lympics, The World of David the Gnome, Pinwheel, You Can't Do That On Television, DTV, Turkey Television, Mad Movies, USA's Night Flight, Tales From The Darkside, The Roman Holidays, Wheelie & the Chopper Bunch...

I could go on, but I figure I should stop here.

• Brohoof 2

Here are some Disney shows that I don't see people talking about:

• Disney's House of Mouse
  • Goof Troop
  • The Weekenders
  • Pepper-Ann
  • Disney's Recess
  • Lloyd in Space
  • Brohoof 3

• The Backyardigans
  • Code Lyoko
  • Gargoyles
  • Bear in the Big Blue House
  • Ninja Hattori-kun
  • Inspector Rex
  • Clone High
  • American Dragon: Jake Long
  • Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
  • Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends
  • The Koala Brothers
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Kamii said:

The Backyardigans

Omg I used to watch that as a kid!

2 minutes ago, Kamii said:

American Dragon: Jake Long

2 minutes ago, Kamii said:

Maggie and the Ferocious Beast

I've heard of both of those but haven't watched them.

My bff used to love ADDL tho

• Brohoof 2

Beetle Borgs, Mystic Knights and Street Sharks. They were all bog standard Saturday Morning cartoon stuff

• Brohoof 2