Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get Sailor Moon vibes from MLP

Sparkleberry

(edited)

I think EQG is a failed attempt to put the transforming magic girls trope into MLP. (and 'failed' doesn't mean the show is bad) That's why I want to see a japanese anime studio independantly making a spin off EQG series.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

So what I know from Sailor Moon is what I heard from the Dragon Ball community. They talk about magic girl transformation being the big thing about Sailor Moon.

There are a few parts in MLP FIM as well as Equestria Girls, where this magical transformation has happened, and I think it has its charm :twismile:

It is also a very cool animation thing to do, especially with rotations and glowy effects!

• 1 month later...

I've never seen Sailor Moon, but from what I know of it, I'd probably guess Equestria Girls is more like it than pony. Maybe I'll let someone who's actually seen both shows say more though. :twismile:

On 4/6/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sparkleberry said:

Only difference is Sailor Moon is about stopping villains. While MLP is a laidback case of living in a village with horses.

I guess. Well, at least MLP does not have transformation scenes every episode. I guess it is mostly because the main characters are a group of rather different girls who become friends and fight evil (with MLP having more slice-of-life stuff). 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It kind of does, but only at the season premieres and finales where they are fighting villains. The majority of episodes are slice of life, and those episodes don't really give me girly anime vibes.