Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Fame & Misfortune Is The WORST Episode Of MLP

YoungJustice12334

(edited)

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I know the episode was supposed to be A commentary-type of episode, but it failed terribly at it. Firstly, I noticed the journal was written to show the events of Season 4-5 and Not before or after. So any arguments made about the mane six at the time in the episode don't really apply anymore. Maybe people didn't like Rarity at the time, but I don't think she's that hated now. The guy talking about how Twilight would've been more interesting if she stayed in Canterlot makes no sense since the journal starts after Twilight became an Alicorn. And that also invalidates the "Twilight was better before she got wings".

Yeah, people complained that Fluttershy learned the same thing over again, but the writers fixed the problem. That fact makes how the show treats the argument very confusing now that I think about it. The writers themselves recognized this as a problem and made Fluttershy more aggressive. That'd be like if season 4 had an episode calling out Twilight giving out every lesson. Not only would that be outdated, but it'd have been a problem that the writers themselves recognized and fixed. 

Secondly, there are times where the arguments are just plain wrong and downright stupid. This mostly just applies for Rarity's backlash. The only reason given is that Rarity apparently stated that she think she did all the work in Simple Ways when that's not true. She said she put in a lot of work and that it was the hardest thing she'd ever done, but she didn't say she did all the work. The only other argument is that they don't think Rarity has learned any of her lessons. 1. How would they know? and 2. They could say that for any of the mane six. It honestly makes me think the writers couldn't think of a good reason for things to go wrong for Rarity so they just made stuff up.

Thirdly, the friendship journal has a different purpose than the TV show. The journal is obviously a metaphor for the TV show, but that doesn't work because the purpose of the journal is solely as an educational tool while the TV show is also to entertain. All of the talk about the mane six like characters don't work because the journal is not entertainment. Any criticisms against the mane six made from the book are automatically bullshit because the journal only documents the lessons made at the end of each episode. The journal does not set out of make characters and tell stories. It's autobiographical and is made to share lessons.

The TV show on the other hand is fiction. It does set out to tell stories and create characters. A fair comparison for the journal would be if the TV show was just the friendship lessons from seasons 4-5. Not the rest of the episodes. Just the lessons. If that was true, this episode shouldn't have been made because there'd be no fan criticism to base it on. You can't criticize something like that unless it gives a rancid moral. But that's not one of the criticisms that the episode goes for. Only the stuff that makes no sense in universe.

So yeah. As a commentary on the fanbase, it came across as insulting and just terrible. When Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters, It doesn't work when complaining about the criticisms of this show.  It brings up arguments that make no sense in the show's universe and expects the audience to take the episode seriously when it takes the arguments down. By the end, the episode gives such little of a shit about justifying these arguments in universe that they are literally using words like "character".

Honestly, if the writers had such a big problem with the fans about the criticisms of the show, they should've sent out a tweet talking about it or something like that and start to accept Some criticisms from the fanbase and write better episodes for MLP to educate Kids and adults about relationships, friendship and stuff like that. 

I never liked the episode One Bit because The way Ponyville acted was Just awful. Another reason why I found the Fame & Misfortune episode to be absolutely awful because Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning of the show, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons. I get it, they aren't the way you would want them to be, but that still doesn't give them the right to act like that, especially considering how much they have done to protect Equestria.

The way Ponyville treated The Mane 6 after what they've done to protect Equestria it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature, which are the two traits that describe the writers for making this episode. The writers were pretty stupid to go like "Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking shit about the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "Kid's Show" syndication" I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid.

I’m not that much of A fan of M.A. Larson's work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here, and the fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot. I also found the episode to be a staple of the pride and hubris of the later show-runners. There are a lot of Bad MLP Episodes, but the episode Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease. It also felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make its critics look like idiots.

I still didn't like Starlight and she served no purpose to the narrative, and could've been easily replaced with Spike. Twilight decides to use the experience of her and her friends to spread the message of Friendship and it backfires because Equestria is populated by impulsive idiots, and a good portion of the episode is devoted to showing us just how over-zealous the readers are as they basically ruin the lives of the Mane-6 in a matter of a single day. Applejack’s home gets invaded, Pinkie Pie is getting laughed at whenever she talks, Rainbow Dash can’t get two seconds of peace, Rarity’s business is being boycott, and Fluttershy is getting harassed in the streets. And how does it all come to a head? The angry fans are left yelling and screaming on Twilight’s front lawn.

Oh, and I found the "Flawless" song to be poorly thought-out song that really only addresses maybe Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow’s perceptions,. What I find to be really terrible about The Fame & Misfortune episode is when Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters which doesn't work when talking about the criticisms of this show and by the time the credits role, the idiots are still screaming on the front lawn! Why would I want to watch an episode that spends the majority of it’s time making the main characters miserable only to NOT HAVE AN ENDING?!!!!!!

Edited by YoungJustice12334
  • Brohoof 2

It’s not even the worst episode of S7, especially when Fluttershy Leans In, Honest Apple, Daring Done, Triple Threat, and Hard To Say Anything exists 

• Brohoof 2

F&M is easily the worst episode in the show for me. Not only was it horribly written, made every character into a complete moron and had a brain dead premise right from the start, it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature from the writers. Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking jabs at the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "KiD's ShOw" syndication. I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason for that but the point still stands. Newbie Dash for a while held the crown for shittiest FiM episode but Fame took that title with ease.

3 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

On the one hand you have an idea that was doomed to fail but utilized years later because DHX was butthurt, and on the other hand you have a popular writer for the show who knew and outright said it was a bad idea but they forced him to do it anyway because they’re butthurt

What is butthurt? Do you think DHX made this by choice because they had an issue with the fans at the time?

MA Larson had left the show in Season 5. His story was basically laying there, and was picked up by someone, and that someone was not taking credits for it, instead using the original story writer's name, which is somewhat odd, I agree.

There is much you write here that is valid and makes sense. Thought, anger about the episode, and making it the worst in the series, I cannot agree with.

I know it's supposed to be a response to the fandom, but I found it to be kind of insulting, you know? I think it would be better if the show learned from their mistakes instead of insulting the fans about them.

The show already had too many mistakes. Addressing those in Season 7 would be a little bit too late, as most fans had already moved away from the show. I think most of those fans that were represented in the show had moved on, and couldn't be hurt or have to defend themselves anyways (because they weren't interested anymore, they were there to troll).
Maybe it was a terrible idea to have this episode back in Season 5, but I think it worked great to fill in a very strong Season 7, before going to the Pillars (which I basically fell asleep to).

The fans took it quite good I think. Sometimes it is nice to get a reality check on how pushy we can be. It is not a perfect world.

The angry fans are left yelling and screaming on Twilight’s front lawn.

Oh, the little line "Twilight was better before she got wings", was precious. It reached me and I felt like I got the answer I wanted, that this show knew what it had done. I was very angry for many years, and I finally could drop that anger when I heard that line.

I found the "Flawless" song to be poorly thought-out song

One of the most catchy and cute songs in the entire series. Seeing those ponies dancing around and hugging, and smiling... How can you not like that?

The effect of the song is supposed to reach us, the audience. And if it didn't reach us, we are just proving we are like the fans represented in that episode. That is flawless!

only to NOT HAVE AN ENDING?!!!!!!

Looking at you, as the fan who is displeased with this episode, you are kinda acting like those fans in the episode itself, only you are directing your anger in another direction. It is so meta how this show managed to do this, and actually reach us, in different levels. Remember, the episode doesn't end until you, the viewer ends it. (It ended nicely for me).

It's a master piece. Though, mashing in the G3 fillies was a little bit forced.

I believe that we needed to see Fluttershy and Rarity being insulted that badly in order to ask ourselves if we actually went to far? Maybe not you or me, but some fans tend to go very far to protect aspects of their favorite shows in absolutely crazy ways, that can hurt the people who work on them.

I am really happy though that you joined this forum and brought this up. There are more episodes that need this kind of insight, and I would love to talk about them :Thorax:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

F&M is easily the worst episode in the show for me. Not only was it horribly written, made every character into a complete moron and had a brain dead premise right from the start, it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature from the writers. Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking jabs at the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "KiD's ShOw" syndication. I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason for that but the point still stands. Newbie Dash for a while held the crown for shittiest FiM episode but Fame & Misfortune took that title with ease.

Exactly, It’s nice to see you explained it with a shorter version compared to mine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

What is butthurt? Do you think DHX made this by choice because they had an issue with the fans at the time?

MA Larson had left the show in Season 5. His story was basically laying there, and was picked up by someone, and that someone was not taking credits for it, instead using the original story writer's name, which is somewhat odd, I agree.

There is much you write here that is valid and makes sense. Thought, anger about the episode, and making it the worst in the series, I cannot agree with.

The show already had too many mistakes. Addressing those in Season 7 would be a little bit too late, as most fans had already moved away from the show. I think most of those fans that were represented in the show had moved on, and couldn't be hurt or have to defend themselves anyways (because they weren't interested anymore, they were there to troll).
Maybe it was a terrible idea to have this episode back in Season 5, but I think it worked great to fill in a very strong Season 7, before going to the Pillars (which I basically fell asleep to).

The fans took it quite good I think. Sometimes it is nice to get a reality check on how pushy we can be. It is not a perfect world.

Oh, the little line "Twilight was better before she got wings", was precious. It reached me and I felt like I got the answer I wanted, that this show knew what it had done. I was very angry for many years, and I finally could drop that anger when I heard that line.

One of the most catchy and cute songs in the entire series. Seeing those ponies dancing around and hugging, and smiling... How can you not like that?

The effect of the song is supposed to reach us, the audience. And if it didn't reach us, we are just proving we are like the fans represented in that episode. That is flawless!

Looking at you, as the fan who is displeased with this episode, you are kinda acting like those fans in the episode itself, only you are directing your anger in another direction. It is so meta how this show managed to do this, and actually reach us, in different levels. Remember, the episode doesn't end until you, the viewer ends it. (It ended nicely for me).

I believe that we needed to see Fluttershy and Rarity being insulted that badly in order to ask ourselves if we actually went to far? Maybe not you or me, but some fans tend to go very far to protect aspects of their favorite shows in absolutely crazy ways, that can hurt the people who work on them.

I am really happy though that you joined this forum and brought this up. There are more episodes that need this kind of insight, and I would love to talk about them :Thorax:

I respect your opinion, but I still found it to be A terrible episode. What I find to be really terrible about it is when Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters which doesn't work when talking about the criticisms of this show.

Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons.

The way Ponyville treated them after what they’ve done to protect Equestria it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature, especially from the writers.

I get it, they aren't the way you would want them to be, but that still doesn't give Ponyville the right to act like that, especially considering how much they have done to protect Equestria.

The writers were pretty stupid to go like “Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking jabs at the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "KiD's ShOw"syndication” 

I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid. Newbie Dash for a while was the worst MLP episode but Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease. It felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make it’s critics look like idiots!

Also, I may not be a fan of M.A. Larson’s work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here. The fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot.

do you agree or disagree with me?

I think the brownies deserve this episode and needs to have some taste of humility. Hasbro has every rights. They can do whatever they want its their money.( our money that we gave to them.) They dont need your approval, we change little to nothing. Its all up them. We are just here to enjoy the show. Who knows? Maybe the show would have been better if we bronies didnt exist? ( You might say " then we did change the course of mlp history" yes because they let us. still their choice.)

• Brohoof 2

For someone who isn't heavy into the fandom, the episode made the Mane 6 come off as they live in a bubble. What caught them by surprise is the difference in thought and opinion they're not used to dealing with

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I think the brownies deserve this episode and needs to have some taste of humility. Hasbro has every rights. They can do whatever they want its their money.( our money that we gave to them.) They dont need your approval, we change little to nothing. Its all up them. We are just here to enjoy the show. Who knows? Maybe the show would have been better if we bronies didnt exist? ( You might say " then we did change the course of mlp history" yes because they let us. still their choice.)

I like my brownies to taste chocolately and not like humility, thank you very much

• Brohoof 1

Guess I have to stand unpopular opinion

I think fandom critique in the episode is fully deserved. This is sad true that in every fandom there's A LOT OF people who are like crowd in this episode, they can start a holy war just because they like different characters and keep insulting other fans (luckily fim fandom doesn't suffer from this problem that much). I already saw someone critiquing Fluttershy on this forum because her shyness is irritating and annoying and not cute at all. And remember that most of people think that their opinion is right and every other is wrong.

However in terms of episode it seems strange that everypony in Ponyville suddenly became hostile to mane 6. But in defense I can say that mane 6 didn't really knew everypony personally and when ponies read journal they found out many things they like and many things they don't, so it's kinda understandable

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I think fandom critique in the episode is fully deserved. This is sad true that in every fandom there's A LOT OF people who are like crowd in this episode, they can start a holy war just because they like different characters and keep insulting other fans (luckily fim fandom doesn't suffer from this problem that much). I already saw someone critiquing Fluttershy on this forum because her shyness is irritating and annoying and not cute at all. And remember that most of people think that their opinion is right and every other is wrong.

However in terms of episode it seems strange that everypony in Ponyville suddenly became hostile to mane 6. But in defense I can say that mane 6 didn't really knew everypony personally and when ponies read journal they found out many things they like and many things they don't, so it's kinda understandable

I respect your opinion, but I still found it to be A terrible episode. What I find to be really terrible about it is when Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters which doesn't work when talking about the criticisms of this show.

Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons.

The way Ponyville treated them after what they’ve done to protect Equestria it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature, especially from the writers.

I get it, they aren't the way you would want them to be, but that still doesn't give Ponyville the right to act like that, especially considering how much they have done to protect Equestria.

The writers were pretty stupid to go like “Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking jabs at the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "KiD's ShOw"syndication” 

I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid. Newbie Dash for a while was the worst MLP episode but Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease. It felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make it’s critics look like idiots!

Also, I may not be a fan of M.A. Larson’s work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here. The fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot.

11 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I respect your opinion and everyone else's, but I still found it to be A terrible episode. What I find to be really terrible about it is when Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters which doesn't work when talking about the criticisms of this show. Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons.

The writers were pretty stupid to go like “Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking jabs at the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "KiD's ShOw" "syndication” 

I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid. Newbie Dash for a while was the worst MLP episode but Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease.

It felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make it’s critics look like idiots! Also, I may not be a fan of M.A. Larson’s work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here. The fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot.

19 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I have to disagree about Fluttershy’s shyness. While it is true that such problems don’t go away in one day to another, from a media perspective, is a writing problem. Fluttershy’s fears should have lasted three episodes at most, or showing them evolving. Otherwise, I agree. The fandom deserved to get called out for a change. I mean, I heard the developers got death threats for a leaked outtakes VA video 

• Brohoof 4

My thoughts on the episode. I don't think it's the worst episode for it's face value, but in some perspective, it could be considered the worst.

This episode bothers me because it makes me doubt that the writers are taking valid criticisms anymore.

Instead of refuting all the valid points and acknowledging the reasonable criticisms and handle them in the same high level, they just went for the straw man. An easy target. The stupidest, most repetitive, most dull and boring, dumbed-down and most obvious arguments. And they just say 'we are not perfect, F*** you, you all are making too much drama out of nothing, you bunch of crybabies.'

Those arguments were around since the beginning. They are very very late in the game. They mention all the memes those are dead by now. All the points they make were only relevant until season 4. Too late.

Since the fandom is so desperately hungry for the canon recognition, they just devour everything Hasbro throws at them, even if that's not so well crafted. The supply is so scarce and the demand is relatively so big. They are controlling the value of cheap fan-services. Easiest way to get a cheer out of the fandom. Shove in Derpy. Shove in Vinyl.

So as a result, when a character in the show officially says "Twilight was better before she got wings.", the fandom would go "Ooooooooooooooooooooh!" but the truth is, it's been already 4 years and it 'was' the most controversial topic of the whole MLP history, but nobody gives a $**t anymore, we just moved on a long long time ago, it's not relevant anymore, and a 12 year old could come up with that cheap and obvious reference.

Episode 100 was it. We had it and that's it. And even that was only for the fandom, and not for the casual younger audience. Also, the younger target audiences found even this episode was boring as well. We don't need a fan-service. The best fan-service is to make a good show. That's all. As Jayson Thiessen said in the QnA after the Season 2 premiere; instead of changing the show to focus more on the fandom itself, they should keep making what people began to like in the first place. Sometimes fandom can save the show, sometimes they can ruin it as well. We should ask for better and we deserve better. (all the obligatory action packed finale with obvious villains, lore, world building, continuity callbacks, foreshadowing are all fan-services.)

They even hired M.A. Larson just to put his name in the credit. M.A. Larson didn't like the scenario at all, but he just wrote what Hasbro told him to write. Hasbro obviously knows fans do like him, they know he is kind of a meme among fans.

If you liked this episode, I have no problem. Good for you. I enjoyed it too, at first. But the more I think about it, the more I feel something is wrong.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)
On 4/9/2020 at 5:58 PM, Super Splashee said:

I respect your opinion, but I'll explain a better reason why I hated the episode:

I know the episode was supposed to be A commentary-type of episode, but it failed terribly at it. Firstly, I noticed the journal was written to show the events of Season 4-5 and Not before or after. So any arguments made about the mane six at the time in the episode don't really apply anymore. Maybe people didn't like Rarity at the time, but I don't think she's that hated now. The guy talking about how Twilight would've been more interesting if she stayed in Canterlot makes no sense since the journal starts after Twilight became an Alicorn. And that also invalidates the "Twilight was better before she got wings".

Yeah, people complained that Fluttershy learned the same thing over again, but the writers fixed the problem. That fact makes how the show treats the argument very confusing now that I think about it. The writers themselves recognized this as a problem and made Fluttershy more aggressive. That'd be like if season 4 had an episode calling out Twilight giving out every lesson. Not only would that be outdated, but it'd have been a problem that the writers themselves recognized and fixed. 

Secondly, there are times where the arguments are just plain wrong and downright stupid. This mostly just applies for Rarity's backlash. The only reason given is that Rarity apparently stated that she think she did all the work in Simple Ways when that's not true. She said she put in a lot of work and that it was the hardest thing she'd ever done, but she didn't say she did all the work. The only other argument is that they don't think Rarity has learned any of her lessons. 1. How would they know? and 2. They could say that for any of the mane six. It honestly makes me think the writers couldn't think of a good reason for things to go wrong for Rarity so they just made stuff up.

Thirdly, the friendship journal has a different purpose than the TV show. The journal is obviously a metaphor for the TV show, but that doesn't work because the purpose of the journal is solely as an educational tool while the TV show is also to entertain. All of the talk about the mane six like characters don't work because the journal is not entertainment. Any criticisms against the mane six made from the book are automatically bullshit because the journal only documents the lessons made at the end of each episode. The journal does not set out of make characters and tell stories. It's autobiographical and is made to share lessons.

The TV show on the other hand is fiction. It does set out to tell stories and create characters. A fair comparison for the journal would be if the TV show was just the friendship lessons from seasons 4-5. Not the rest of the episodes. Just the lessons. If that was true, this episode shouldn't have been made because there'd be no fan criticism to base it on. You can't criticize something like that unless it gives a rancid moral. But that's not one of the criticisms that the episode goes for. Only the stuff that makes no sense in universe.

So yeah. As a commentary on the fanbase, it came across as insulting and just terrible. When Ponyville argued that the mane six aren't real characters, It doesn't work when complaining about the criticisms of this show.  It brings up arguments that make no sense in the show's universe and expects the audience to take the episode seriously when it takes the arguments down. By the end, the episode gives such little of a shit about justifying these arguments in universe that they are literally using words like "character".

Honestly, if the writers had such a big problem with the fans about the criticisms of the show, they should've sent out a tweet talking about it or something like that and start to accept Some criticisms from the fanbase and write better episodes for MLP to educate Kids and adults about relationships, friendship and stuff like that. 

I never liked the episode One Bit because The way Ponyville acted was Just awful. Another reason why I found the Fame & Misfortune episode to be absolutely awful because Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning of the show, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons. I get it, they aren't the way you would want them to be, but that still doesn't give them the right to act like that, especially considering how much they have done to protect Equestria.

The way Ponyville treated The Mane 6 after what they've done to protect Equestria it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature, which are the two traits that describe the writers for making this episode. The writers were pretty stupid to go like "Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking shit about the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "Kid's Show" syndication" I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid.

I’m not that much of A fan of M.A. Larson's work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here, and the fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot. I also found the episode to be a staple of the pride and hubris of the later show-runners. There are a lot of Bad MLP Episodes, but the episode Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease. It also felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make its critics look like idiots.

Do you agree or disagree with me on that?

• Brohoof 1

On 4/9/2020 at 4:15 PM, Megas said:

It’s not even the worst episode of S7, especially when Fluttershy Leans In, Honest Apple, Daring Done, Triple Threat, and Hard To Say Anything exists 

I respect your opinion, but I'll explain further on why I hated the episode:

I never liked the episode One Bit because The way Ponyville acted was Just awful. Another reason why I found the Fame & Misfortune episode to be absolutely awful because Not only was it horribly written, it also made Ponyville, The LITERAL Hometown The Mane 6 protected since the beginning of the show, into complete Idiotic and heartless morons. I get it, they aren't the way you would want them to be, but that still doesn't give them the right to act like that, especially considering how much they have done to protect Equestria.

The way Ponyville treated The Mane 6 after what they've done to protect Equestria it came across to me as petty and incredibly immature, which are the two traits that describe the writers for making this episode. The writers were pretty stupid to go like "Yeah, let's dedicate an entire episode towards taking shit about the fandom that made your show go far beyond typical "Kid's Show" syndication" I am not saying the fandom was the sole reason but my points are still valid.

Do you agree or disagree with me on that?

I actually love this episode, people shouldn't take it so personally, I though the episode was inoffensive while watching it and still do. I also glad they acknowledged fluttershy's issue and the song was really good. Plus, for once they didn't fix the issue, you can't change everyone's opinions.

I don't consider this to be the worst episode of the series. That goes to Spike at Your Service and Non-Compete Clause, IMO. I understand what Hasbro was trying to say about fans but I feel that they went about it the wrong way. The other residence of Ponyville act like they've never met the mane 6 before until the book came out. If they had gone to another part of Equestria and this happened, then I could understand that but this doesn't make any sense on paper. As someone who has gone to many conventions, I have seen these stereotypes of fans and they give normal fans a bad name. I believe that Hasbro did this in response to fans acting like they're owed things by the creators.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

I don't know, but at one point MA Larson talked about getting a lot of hate from the fans, probably over Twitter, for giving Twilight wings. Like he was to blame for it, and especially giving Twilight immortality to outlive her friends. It was just too much.

When you work for a big company, you cannot just start attacking the fans of that company. That will get you fired. That's why you don't get Twitter arguments between show staff and fans. It is a one way fight. And you can lay sleepless at night for those!

You are taking the fandoms point of view for this episode. That is obvious. You have the right to do so. But for me, that have been part of so many fandoms in the past, I have been too angry at things to the point where I just hurt myself. Last time I hurt myself was when Twilight got wings. That was a long time ago (2013). When I later saw "Fame and Misfortune" (in 2017), I just laughed at everything. It was a wake up call for me. I needed to see myself from a different view point.

I cannot fully agree with you, sadly. I think the episode made an impact. And every time FIM makes an impact, it is good for us as Bronies. We have more to prove to the world than just saying we like colorful cartoon horses.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I don't know, but at one point MA Larson talked about getting a lot of hate from the fans, probably over Twitter, for giving Twilight wings. Like he was to blame for it, and especially giving Twilight immortality to outlive her friends. It was just too much.

When you work for a big company, you cannot just start attacking the fans of that company. That will get you fired. That's why you don't get Twitter arguments between show staff and fans. It is a one way fight. And you can lay sleepless at night for those!

You are taking the fandoms point of view for this episode. That is obvious. You have the right to do so. But for me, that have been part of so many fandoms in the past, I have been too angry at things to the point where I just hurt myself. Last time I hurt myself was when Twilight got wings. That was a long time ago (2013). When I later saw "Fame and Misfortune" (in 2017), I just laughed at everything. It was a wake up call for me. I needed to see myself from a different view point.

I cannot fully agree with you, sadly. I think the episode made an impact. And every time FIM makes an impact, it is good for us as Bronies. We have more to prove to the world than just saying we like colorful cartoon horses.

I’m not that much of A fan of M.A. Larson's work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here, and the fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot. I also found the episode to be a staple of the pride and hubris of the later show-runners. There are a lot of Bad MLP Episodes, but the episode Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease.

It also felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make its critics look like idiots. The episode was basically saying “Screw the adult fans,the kid fans are way better and smarter” and I found it to be very insulting. We never needed the episode to be honest, and the Mane 6 never deserved the terrible treatment they received from Ponyville, I mean come on, They saved Equestria multiple times throughout the show, and that's the way Ponyville repays them?! .

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

This sad part thing is that it wasn’t Larson’s fault. Hasbro made him write the episode that they wanted. He wanted to write a pony version of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ with Pinkie being George Bailey. Plus, Hasbro made him and the other writes rush the ending to season 3. 

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

This sad part thing is that it wasn’t Larson’s fault. Hasbro made him write the episode that they wanted. He wanted to write a pony version of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ with Pinkie being George Bailey. Plus, Hasbro made him and the other writes rush the ending to season 3. 

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not that much of A fan of M.A. Larson's work, but he did NOT deserve to get screwed over here, and the fact that he was forced to write the episode makes me question Hasbro a lot. I also found the episode to be a staple of the pride and hubris of the later show-runners. There are a lot of Bad MLP Episodes, but the episode Fame & Misfortune took the title with ease.

It also felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make its critics look like idiots. The episode was basically saying “Screw the adult fans,the kid fans are way better and smarter” and I found it to be very insulting. We never needed the episode to be honest, and the Mane 6 never deserved the terrible treatment they received from Ponyville, I mean come on, They saved Equestria multiple times throughout the show, and that's the way Ponyville repays them?! .

8 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

I actually love this episode, people shouldn't take it so personally, I though the episode was inoffensive while watching it and still do. I also glad they acknowledged fluttershy's issue and the song was really good. Plus, for once they didn't fix the issue, you can't change everyone's opinions.

It also felt like A stupid Teen Titans Go! episode trying to make its critics look like idiots. The episode was basically saying “Screw the adult fans, the kid fans are way better and smarter” and I found it to be very insulting. We never needed the episode to be honest, and the Mane 6 never deserved the terrible treatment they received from Ponyville, I mean come on, They saved Equestria multiple times throughout the show, and that's the way Ponyville repays them?!