Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ExplosionMare

I made these two on the iPhone Photos app and I’m kinda proud of them! The first time I drew Granite the app crashed and I had to start over after 40 min of drawing :Cozy:. Thankfully I was able to recreate him afterwards. Thorns was pretty easy to make cause all I had to do was color over Granite.

Critique is always welcome! 

58570218-8579-42F3-861C-6C7696C93056.jpeg

9CB48564-E75B-43B6-A799-47A3F951620E.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

Looking good, Are you planning on giving them a backstory?

They have one, actually!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/424339/behind-him

4 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Wow @ExplosionMare! :wub: Those are crazy good!

I wish I could draw stallions myself. When I drew Granite, I drew him from the front (so I didn't have to do the stallion muzzle). :sealed:

Thanks! You’re right, stallions are super hard to draw. Thankfully Granite isn’t super masculine so I can be lenient with his muzzle if I want to. I gave him a female one for his colt version.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:50 PM, ExplosionMare said:

Thanks! You’re right, stallions are super hard to draw. Thankfully Granite isn’t super masculine so I can be lenient with his muzzle if I want to. I gave him a female one for his colt version.

The main problems with stallions, i think is that they weren't well designed from the start. The show focused on mares too much.

I think they managed to fix the stallion design for Sandbar. But I am too lazy to research sandbar's design. I might have to if I am going to tackle Granite or Thorns in a future drawing.

5 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

The main problems with stallions, i think is that they weren't well designed from the start. The show focused on mares too much.

I think they managed to fix the stallion design for Sandbar. But I am too lazy to research sandbar's design. I might have to if I am going to tackle Granite or Thorns in a future drawing.

Here’s a Sandbar for you. He looks a lot like Granite and Thorns, doesn’t he? :ButtercupLaugh:

AAA88900-8297-4EED-8FCC-B5D9560557F4.png

• Brohoof 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Here’s a Sandbar for you. He looks a lot like Granite and Thorns, doesn’t he? :ButtercupLaugh:

AAA88900-8297-4EED-8FCC-B5D9560557F4.png

Yes, his design is definitely worth studying. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I posted these in a status update already but decided to post them here as well. Here are the remastered versions of Granite Rose (shaded and unshaded)! I might trace over him to make a Thorns as soon as I figure out how to rearrange the hoof.

A3F6FB0E-5426-43C0-9DBD-31542889AD3D.jpeg

DB89626D-E2BB-46DE-8A42-BC657F870BCE.jpeg

• Brohoof 1