Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you've been planning/wanting to do?

Miss

What are some things that yall have wanted to start doing/planning on doing for a while now, but just either have never gotten around to it, been procrastinating, don't feel motivated, it's too daunting, or you're just too busy to start?

This can be anything from getting an idea for a fanfic like 5 years ago, and thinking "I'd like to write that" to something like moving out or etc. 

6 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

What are some things that yall have wanted to start doing/planning on doing for a while now, but just either have never gotten around to it, been procrastinating, don't feel motivated, it's too daunting, or you're just too busy to start?

This can be anything from getting an idea for a fanfic like 5 years ago, and thinking "I'd like to write that" to something like moving out or etc. 

well one for me would be going to Ireland (never been, and always wanted to)

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Sherbie said:

well one for me would be going to Ireland (never been, and always wanted to)

Is that something that is in the realm of possibility for you going? Or just something you want to do. 

6 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Working on music stuff, I guess.

Yea this was me for a long time. Been playing the drums for years, and was in a band for awhile, but never got any music out. More recently have I started learning how to record music in good quality and learning to play piano better. Also editing. Nothing fully created yet, and it's a very daunting thing so don't do as much work as I'd like, but glad I got started. 

What kinda music you want to make?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Misscellanio said:

Is that something that is in the realm of possibility for you going? Or just something you want to do. 

Woyld br, I'm only a sea away (living in Scotland), but lockdown and being un-employed prevents it

• Brohoof 1

Here are some things that I want to do, but don't have the motivation to do them (listed in no particular order):

1) I've been wanting to finish a fanfic series I've been reading, but I just don't have the motivation to do it.

2) I'd like to go back to college, but just don't have the motivation and persistence to accomplish that (and money's a big issue as well).

3) This is a little depressing and suicidal, but I don't want to live life anymore. I just don't think it is worth living, so I want to die. However, I don't have the motivation to kill myself, so I'm just stuck in a cruel world that I don't want to be a part of.

4) I want to quit my job, and I might do it soon too, but it's going to hurt me financially if I do that so I've been procrastinating.

5) I'd love to be a computer programmer, but I don't have the motivation to get the education. Also, every time I try programming, regardless of the programming language and the size of the project I'm working on, I always seem to lose interest and motivation, so that discourages and prevents me from aiming for my goal of being a computer programmer.

6) I want to and plan to move to a city and live on my own for once, but I have no motivation to even try to move in that direction.

7) I would like to exercise and get in shape, but I have no motivation and every time I start it I end up quitting eventually.

• Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, Sherbie said:

Woyld br, I'm only a sea away (living in Scotland), but lockdown and being un-employed prevents it

Ah, so not technically possible right now so shouldn't feel too bad about it. But like if you before hand. I'm when the pandemic dies down when warmer weather arrives (hopefully) then maybe it'd be possible. Any places in particular you'd like to go or activities to do in Ireland? 

14 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

1) I've been wanting to finish a fanfic series I've been reading, but I just don't have the motivation to do it.

4) I want to quit my job, and I might do it soon too, but it's going to hurt me financially if I do that so I've been procrastinating.

5) I'd love to be a computer programmer, but I don't have the motivation to get the education. Also, every time I try programming, regardless of the programming language and the size of the project I'm working on, I always seem to lose interest and motivation, so that discourages and prevents me from aiming for my goal of being a computer programmer.

7) I would like to exercise and get in shape, but I have no motivation and every time I start it I end up quitting eventually.

Hmmm those are alot of things. I say maybe start off small like the exercise or reading the fanfic. Write out an easy workout, and try it out a few times a week. Then when you got a decent consistency there move on to the programming or finding a job. And with the fanfic maybe just try reading 1 chapter a day or like 100 words or something small and then before you know it you'd have it done. Maybe write out a schedule for yourself every day. Personally, I find it helps. But that's just me. 

And then when you got all those things going, move on to things like moving out :kirin:

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Hmmm those are alot of things. I say maybe start off small like the exercise or reading the fanfic. Write out an easy workout, and try it out a few times a week. Then when you got a decent consistency there move on to the programming or finding a job. And with the fanfic maybe just try reading 1 chapter a day or like 100 words or something small and then before you know it you'd have it done. Maybe write out a schedule for yourself every day. Personally, I find it helps. But that's just me. 

And then when you got all those things going, move on to things like moving out :kirin:

Thanks for the advice, I guess it is good to start out small and then work your way up. I'll give it a try then.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I'd love to be a computer programmer, but I don't have the motivation to get the education. Also, every time I try programming, regardless of the programming language and the size of the project I'm working on, I always seem to lose interest and motivation, so that discourages and prevents me from aiming for my goal of being a computer programmer.

Hopefully you can get the motivation, and probably YouTube and Skillshare (other services are available) (I fucking wish I was sponsored) are your best friend to know, and hopefully you can think of some way to stay motivated 

20 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

3) This is a little depressing and suicidal, but I don't want to live life anymore. I just don't think it is worth living, so I want to die. However, I don't have the motivation to kill myself, so I'm just stuck in a cruel world that I don't want to be a part of.

This is actually what helped me lean off of being as suicidal (moving to just a passive destructive depression at worse), litterally thinking "well I tried to kill myself and I cant even fucking do that"

8 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

Ah, so not technically possible right now so shouldn't feel too bad about it. But like if you before hand. I'm when the pandemic dies down when warmer weather arrives (hopefully) then maybe it'd be possible. Any places in particular you'd like to go or activities to do in Ireland? 

I'd probably try to travel through as much as I can (my ancestors are mostly from Ireland)

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, EpicEnergy said:

Here are some things that I want to do, but don't have the motivation to do them (listed in no particular order):

2) I'd like to go back to college, but just don't have the motivation and persistence to accomplish that (and money's a big issue as well).

6) I want to and plan to move to a city and live on my own for once, but I have no motivation to even try to move in that direction.

This really hits close to home. Especially numbers 1,3,7 and kinda 2 and 5 (I want to be a doctor, but when I look at all the work I need to put in to achieve that, I honestly just can't be asked. Don't have the patience or enough motivation to work that hard). 

Edited by Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️
  • Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️ said:

(I want to be a doctor, but when I look at all the work I need to put in to achieve that, I honestly just can't be asked. Don't have the patience or enough motivation to work that hard). 

It's alot of work, but when you look at like "whoa 12 years" or whatever it's always gonna look like that, gotta take things one step, whether it's small or big at a time, like if you never went to a bachelor's then maybe start with trying to get that. Or if you do have then start with trying to get your master's. You could always decide later on, like "hey this something I actually don't wanna do" and then maybe the experience will enlighten you to something you do want to do. Trial and error. Gotta get out there and try and then if it's for you, you will be motivated to take the next step and if it isn't maybe you will pick up on something new. Getting a bachelor's or master's open up more avenues than just becoming a doctor. It's not like if you get off the track it was a waste of time, you got some experience and maybe some credentials, and the knowledge of where you want to go or don't want to go in life.

29 minutes ago, Cinnamon-Bun said:

@EpicEnergy you best stay alive :< we need cool friends like you here! 

I’m planning to draw lots soon

But dont you draw often? Like I thought I saw a post somewhere saying you're an artist, this topic is more so something that you always wanted to do/been planning to do for awhile, but just can't get yourself to do it for one reason or another. 

20 minutes ago, applesjck said:

I’ve been wanting to learn sign language!! I’ve just been really lazy and putting off starting to learn. 

Oooo I feel you there. Not sign language but with Nahuatl. Really daunting to learn off the internet and to push into my schedule of things I'm trying to do/pick back up. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon-Bun said:

@Misscellanio even we get art block though and lose motivation entirely aswell as the hope to ever be good enough as an artist

Yes, I never said one does not get art block or lose motivation. I was more so saying that it's not something that you've been like ah I've always wanted to start making art or it's been 3 years since I last made an artpiece, unless you have been putting off art for a long while then nevermind. Or just drew in the amount like you used to or something.

Your post was a little too broad to get much out of XD

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Cinnamon-Bun said:

@Misscellanio but your post literally states things we been procrastinating or no motivation etc

Yes, but I stated "start doing"/planning to do (more so like something that you've been talking about for months or years etc.) but can't get yourself to do. Even had an example. 

Sorry if it was unclear. 

• Brohoof 1

I have way too many things to do, but they are put to the side, because I know once I start one of them, I won't have time for anything else for at least 2-3 months, and that scares me. I need to be more dedicated to commit myself to finish a project if I start it. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

I’ve been planning to get my ninth tattoo for awhile now but bills require a lot of my income right now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I have way too many things to do, but they are put to the side, because I know once I start one of them, I won't have time for anything else for at least 2-3 months, and that scares me. I need to be more dedicated to commit myself to finish a project if I start it. :sealed:

I feel you. Getting mental determination complete something is tough. Especially when road bumps come along the way. 

6 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I’ve been planning to get my ninth tattoo for awhile now but bills require a lot of my income right now.

Yea, no tattoos planned for me but I have been wanting to get my ears pierced for months now but dreading ear infection and cost especially during this time. 

What do you want the tattoo to be of?

Edited by Misscellanio

17 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

What do you want the tattoo to be of?

I have tons planned. My next one will be a series of paw prints walking up my forearm. I already have 2 paw prints there but I want a series of them. After that, I will probably get the Fairy Tail guild logo on my ankle. Then, I will get a portrait of Katsuki Bakugou ♥️

• Brohoof 1

I won't go into too much details as that is a whole another story on its own but basically it is rebuilding a car that has meant a lot to me everyone tells me to give up on it and literally been too busy to do it. Yet I am so determined to do it that there are all sorts of skills I'm trying to pick up in the process what essentially has to happen is I have to pretty much redo most of the front lot of welding and painting then pretty much fixing everything else as well. Which I literally have had no time to do as I've also been busy working on my final thesis. Though my determination to fix it is stronger then anything I've felt ever really. :)

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I have tons planned. My next one will be a series of paw prints walking up my forearm. I already have 2 paw prints there but I want a series of them. After that, I will probably get the Fairy Tail guild logo on my ankle. Then, I will get a portrait of Katsuki Bakugou ♥️

Nice!

20 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I won't go into too much details as that is a whole another story on its own but basically it is rebuilding a car that has meant a lot to me everyone tells me to give up on it and literally been too busy to do it. Yet I am so determined to do it that there are all sorts of skills I'm trying to pick up in the process what essentially has to happen is I have to pretty much redo most of the front lot of welding and painting then pretty much fixing everything else as well. Which I literally have had no time to do as I've also been busy working on my final thesis. Though my determination to fix it is stronger then anything I've felt ever really. :)

I say def. don't give up on it, but maybe finish thesis first and then come back to it? Idk how the thesis thing works, but seems like once you complete it in you don't have to stress about it and dedicate your time/or more of your time to rebuilding the car. 

• Brohoof 2