Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle won’t be returning in G5

Steve Piranha

I would not personally take Equestria Daily as a legitimate news source as they have been mistaken numerous times in the past. Also it it worth noting that Tara Strong was already confirmed not to be returning for Gen 5 from leaked material, so it is sufficient to say that her voice on the matter is all but irrelevant. Given that she does not work in the studio any longer, and has no insider information as she will not be employed for Generation 5's production, you should take her word with an exceptional preverbal grain of salt so to speak.

Assume the following: why would someone who does not work in the studio any longer be privy to information that they would have no reason to be told?

Furthermore, the question was framed to her in an ambiguous manner in that Tara could have been responding "in character" as it were, so she was referring to "her" Twilight.

That all being said, I feel the title of this thread is someone teetering toward the "misleading" side of things, as this is far from a confirmation from a reputable source and the question was vague along with the answer given to said question.

• Brohoof 5

Sounds like someone else will be taking the role of Sparkly, assuming it is just Strong talking of her version of Twilight. That doesn't surprise me to be honest. Tara's Twily is great, but as an actress I'm kinda over her at this point. I'm all for other people showing what they can bring to a character. How about Mark Hamill? :P Again, all assuming this whole thing is just odd wording.

I actually would be okay with her not being in G5 at all. Despite making her look like a dumbass needlessly in the later episodes, I feel that G4 Twilight was the definitive version of the character.

• Brohoof 2

Won't take it as face value. I'm more willing to believe that this is a case of Tara Strong not returning, leaks already showed they wanted a different voice cast entirely

• Brohoof 4

Honestly, I don’t want the Gen 4 stars to return. Or rather, I want new characters to be the stars.

But it’s likely they WILL return. The Gen 4 characters became really iconic, and more importantly to Hasbro, MARKETABLE.

• Brohoof 11

I am sure Tara Strong, just like us, don't want to wait for XX years before the production of G5 will begin. She needs to get money from somewhere.

I want a whole new take on the characters, and the first things would be to replace voice actors. Then remove Twilight's horn and wings, and make her Earthy. That will be prefect! :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

As it should be. Heck, the mane cast from G5 shouldn't return at all. What's the point of ending G4 if they're just gonna bring them back? Hasbro needs to get creative and bring us new characters to appreciate. 

• Brohoof 6

16 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Honestly, I don’t want the Gen 4 stars to return. Or rather, I want new characters to be the stars.

Same. I want g5 to be unique, and it might end up being disastrous for the mane six to look differently and act differently.

18 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

The Gen 4 characters became really iconic, and more importantly to Hasbro, MARKETABLE.

It's disappointing that some companies are in it just for the money, it really ruins movies and TV shows. Money shouldn't be the focus, the focus should be on making an entertaining movie/TV show for people to enjoy.

• Brohoof 6

21 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

But it’s likely they WILL return. The Gen 4 characters became really iconic, and more importantly to Hasbro, MARKETABLE.

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

As it should be. Heck, the mane cast from G5 shouldn't return at all. What's the point of ending G4 if they're just gonna bring them back? Hasbro needs to get creative and bring us new characters to appreciate. 

I agree.

The last thing I would want to see is the "same" characters learning lessons that are similar to one's they've already learned in the past.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Tara Strong confirmed

Tara Strong is not a reliable news source. That is not an attack, just acknowledgement of the fact that she has a history of trolling her fans. she-is-become-god

There's also this from the article itself...

"Of course, there is a chance that Twi will be returning with a different voice actress and Tara simply wasn't informed, but for now all we can really do is speculate since Hasbro has been tight lipped about information involving the fifth gen of pony."

I take none of this at face value. :mlp_nom:

• Brohoof 3

I'm going to take this information with a grain of salt until we get further confirmation. In any case, it is what it is.

• Brohoof 3

Not exactly surprised by this... but I can't help to feel nostalgic about it either.

Tara was my fave from the VA cast, followed nearly by Ball and then Tabitha. She won my heart due her versatility. I mean, I knew her from her role as Paz in Peace Walker, so everytime I saw twilight I couldn't help but picture her in a Zeke yelling Venceremos! XD

Seeing her go from a KGB agent in a super serious role to a purple silly dorky unicorn in a matter of months really impressed me.

Either way, I guess, as Splashy said, this is the end of an era.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not sure if this article is indicating that Tara Strong isn't reprising her role as Twilight or if the character of Twilight Sparkle won't be in G5. If it's the former, I'll miss Tara in the role. If it's the latter, I think it's for the best. Though I do think she'll reprise it eventually. 

The story arc of Twilight Sparkle is complete and ended in a satisfying way. Going with a new protagonist is the best way to go for G5.

• Brohoof 2

Oh no. No more Twily :(

And yeah I think new main characters would be ideal, tho I wouldn't say no to the mane 6 being minor characters :adorkable:

I personally don't care about the voice actors, but yeah the article should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Princess of Hearts ❤️❤️
  • Brohoof 2

I would think that anything from Gen5 would be kept under wraps. No character designs have come out yet. So they may not have voice actors picked out yet. It could also be that Tara Strong has other obligations that would keep her from doing it. She does a lot of voice work. 

• Brohoof 4

7 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Also Tara probably demanded a lot of $$$$$$$$

I think Tara left by herself, because she got tired of the creepy bronies being everywhere! :mustache:

PLEASE GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD. Money is the reason why they made the show ok. If not then they'd be either non existing or a dying company.

I mean seriously, what do you guys thought they made this show for? World peace? Hahahaha.

• Brohoof 1