Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle won’t be returning in G5

Steve Piranha

4 hours ago, Kujamih said:

PLEASE GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD. Money is the reason why they made the show ok. If not then they'd be either non existing or a dying company.

I mean seriously, what do you guys thought they made this show for? World peace? Hahahaha

Absolutely true. Hasbro has no plans to make MLP anything but toys for children. They made that pretty clear by now.

However, the product of their brand has created the Bronies, that want world piece as one of their objectives. Their biggest objective is "shipping" though :yeahno:

I'm so bored of all the trouble people put up for something that should already be known, generations aim to be completely independent from the previous ones, that means: different world, different characters. We will never see any FiM characters in the G5 again. Also, voice actors don't work in the executive direction of the franchise or whatever, they just give the characters a voice, nothing more.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Jane said:

I'm so bored of all the trouble people put up for something that should already be known, generations aim to be completely independent from the previous ones, that means: different world, different characters. We will never see any FiM characters in the G5 again. Also, voice actors don't work in the executive direction of the franchise or whatever, they just give the characters a voice, nothing more.

I had a feeling G5 would just be a reboot of FIM, but with Twilight changed a little bit to be an Earth Pony. (Else, why have the same characters, if not to reboot the series?)

The qualifier for "generation" might be changed. It used to be toys until FIM came out. "Pony Life" which we are still waiting for might be G4.5, and it had toys to back that up, still using the known ponies of FIM with a slight different style. And what would you call Rainbow Roadtrip's  generation? It's based on the Movie, and the Movie had exclusive toys that looked different from FIM.

And we also have an upcoming MLP The Move 2, which might be in 3D style, with its new set of toys.

The generations are not that easy categorized. But we know we are waiting for G5 because that is what everycreature is anticipating! :wau:

This is a bit surprising to me but I had a feeling that a big change was going to be made in generation 5. 

Hopes and dreams masked as prophetic interpretations of a mere celebrity chirp. I wonder if they belong to the same people who went out of their way to reject the validity of leaks. Tell me, Bronies, what relevance does this VA still have for MLP franchise?

• Brohoof 1

I mean, its a different generation... why would a character from G4 be in G5? There could be a twilight in the next gen(we had many G4 characters named after characters from previous generations) but it should be a new character. 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/17/2020 at 11:11 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

While I may be sad in seeing her go, I’m looking forward to the new characters of G5. :sassy:

Best attitude yet!

New voice actors is cool and all, but we need some good story, new story, and interesting ponies as well!

if we are going to complain about missing the G4 voice actors, we should probably do it for Pony Life (if that show uses new voice actors, that is). G5 will have a new chance at everything :squee:

On 4/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, Jane said:

Why do you think it should be known already?

I am somewhat disappointed even though she wasn't my favorite character. I think some limited connections with G4 would be a good thing for G5. I actually like that early supposedly leaked concept art of the Mane Six in G5, the one with Twilight as an earth pony and hopefully her staying that way instead of Celestia making her an alicorn and giving her a whole kingdom.

I'm a bit worried some writers will go out of their way to do things just out of spite for bronies and our general weirdness.