Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where are all you cubers?

BlankFlank777

Who of you cubes? For how long have you been cubing? What's your main event? What are your PBs? I just wanna find cubers and talk cubing.

I've been cubing for about 10 years, maybe 11, but I've gone through several long hiatuses and was held back financially for a long time at the beginning (and even now really) so my times don't seem like those of someone who has been cubing for that long. I've tried being an all-rounder for a while but then realized I was never gonna get as far as I want that way so I pretty much dropped most events and just pick them up casually from time to time. My main events are 3x3, 4x4, 5x5. OH, and megaminx. My PB singles for those events are: 3x3 - 8.33, 4x4 - 48.343, 5x5 - 1:50.504, OH - 17.69, megaminx - 1:03.539.

Edited by BlankFlank777
didn't say all I wanted to
  • Brohoof 4

Uhm, well I've personally yet to actually finish a single Rubix cube... :lie: Partially because the first one I tried was so impossibly hard to crack (it was rotated I swear at least 100 times) I pretty much gave up on it.

I speedrun a couple of video games from time to time, but speedcubing? Not really my thing.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, BlankFlank777 said:

Who of you cubes? For how long have you been cubing? What's your main event? What are your PBs? I just wanna find cubers and talk cubing.

I've been cubing for about 10 years, maybe 11, but I've gone through several long hiatuses and was held back financially for a long time at the beginning (and even now really) so my times don't seem like those of someone who has been cubing for that long. I've tried being an all-rounder for a while but then realized I was never gonna get as far as I want that way so I pretty much dropped most events and just pick them up casually from time to time. My main events are 3x3, 4x4, 5x5. OH, and megaminx. My PB singles for those events are: 3x3 - 8.33, 4x4 - 48.343, 5x5 - 1:50.504, OH - 17.69, megaminx - 1:03.539.

Do you have videos of your PBs? :o

That sounds really cool. I am not going to try to even begin to do that stuff. It's too complicated for my brain to learn. I am glad to do Tetris like a zombie for hours. But after so many years, my brain doesn't register anything anymore but Tetris blocks.

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

As in, Rubix cubing? 

Rubik's

2 hours ago, Dustlicious said:

Uhm, well I've personally yet to actually finish a single Rubix cube... :lie: Partially because the first one I tried was so impossibly hard to crack (it was rotated I swear at least 100 times) I pretty much gave up on it.

I speedrun a couple of video games from time to time, but speedcubing? Not really my thing.

Are you a cuber? The way you said all that is like a cuber making fun of non-cubers. No offense if you are actually not a cuber.

7 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Do you have videos of your PBs? :o

Sadly no. I never know when I'm gonna get one. I do have some old videos of some decent solves though, but I'm not sure where. I might get some videos soon and put them on here.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I have 3 Rubik's Cubes (3x3, 4x4 and 5x5) to the right of my laptop.  But I had to rely on YouTube videos and simulations to solve them.  

I think most cubers learn from tutorials, myself included. I think it's the best way if you aim to get fast cause you learn good techniques from the start and prevent yourself from forming bad habits. Though when i first learned to solve a cube i learned from the instructions that came with my cube, which was Rubik's brand, and that's really not a good source, especially since it was over a decade ago. Anyway, i don't know where i was going with this. I should be sleeping.

Oh, God. I haven’t touched a Rubik’s cube in forever. I have never solved one and I doubt I ever could :sealed:

Ooh, I've loved cubing for about 7-8 years now! I've also had some hiatuses during that time. I've never really been a very good speed solver though, I've always spent more time on figuring out how to solve the more unusual ones. My mains are the skewb, the curvy copter, the helicopter cube, the 2x2x4 and the axis cube.

• Brohoof 2

I am just getting back into it, buying a 4x4 Tomo. Just learned a megaminx the other day. My pb from a couple years ago is sum like 54 seconds, with quarantine I'll trim it down

• Brohoof 1

Wow, is this really about Rubik’s cubes? I didn’t know they were still a thing to anyone but past gens. I haven’t attempted to solve one since I was little and could only get one side at most. That’s my biggest success story and I’m proud to have made it that far.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Deltroz said:

I am just getting back into it, buying a 4x4 Tomo. Just learned a megaminx the other day. My pb from a couple years ago is sum like 54 seconds, with quarantine I'll trim it down

What 4x4 are you getting? And is 54 seconds your PB for 4x4 or 3x3?

On 4/21/2020 at 6:34 AM, BlankFlank777 said:

What 4x4 are you getting? And is 54 seconds your PB for 4x4 or 3x3?

Pb for 3x3 when I was 9, I have a guansu 4x4 now. Today I solved the mefferts egg for the first time, like a egg shaped mirror cube.

26 minutes ago, Deltroz said:

Pb for 3x3 when I was 9, I have a guansu 4x4 now. Today I solved the mefferts egg for the first time, like a egg shaped mirror cube.

You've had the same PB since you were 9? Do you watch any cubing videos on YouTube? You can learn a lot from them. Jperm is really good. Check out his channel if you haven't.

I've never used a GuanSu but from my experience YJ puzzles tend to be pretty good. I actually just got the YuChuang V2 M 5x5 and it's pretty amazing for a budget cube. I use a WuQue Mini M 4x4. It's great but I wish I had gotten the regular instead of the mini.

I've wanted to try an egg for years but always have higher priorities. I do have a shitty mirror cube though. I think it's QJ or something awful like that. It's fun but it's hard to speedsolve. I really need a new one.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, BlankFlank777 said:

You've had the same PB since you were 9? Do you watch any cubing videos on YouTube? You can learn a lot from them. Jperm is really good. Check out his channel if you haven't.

I've never used a GuanSu but from my experience YJ puzzles tend to be pretty good. I actually just got the YuChuang V2 M 5x5 and it's pretty amazing for a budget cube. I use a WuQue Mini M 4x4. It's great but I wish I had gotten the regular instead of the mini.

I've wanted to try an egg for years but always have higher priorities. I do have a shitty mirror cube though. I think it's QJ or something awful like that. It's fun but it's hard to speedsolve. I really need a new one.

I haven't timed myself since I was 9 and now I don't have a 3x3. I watch jperm alot I'm learning 2 look oll on my 4x4

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Anyone around who's worked on a 6x6?  And does Rubik's make it?  

I have 2x2-7x7 but my 6x6 and 7x7 suck so I rarely solve them. And Rubik's does make a 6x6 but I wouldn't recommend Rubik's brand puzzles for any purpose except maybe collecting. It's all bad quality and they want to monopolize the whole sport of cubing and they just suck. There was a big legal dispute between them and TheCubicle a couple years ago and they were just being really immature. I avoid Rubik's and advise anyone to not support them and just use better cubes from better companies instead. This is where I get my cubes: https://www.thecubicle.com/

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah I’m too stupid to solve those things. My coworker at my old job was big into it though. She was pretty fast at solving it. Pretty cool to watch her

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...